Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Henry Mystic on WDWMagic has been revealing some details concerning the Monsters as well as Ministry attractions.

Basically corroborating a lot of what Alicia has said with screens not being so dominant and then having a lot of practical sets and AA’s.

Of course projecting mapping will be included but in new innovative ways.
To say screens aren’t so dominant is perhaps a bit disingenuous. They will be used in novel ways.

Henry Mystic on WDWMagic has been revealing some details concerning the Monsters as well as Ministry attractions.

Basically corroborating a lot of what Alicia has said with screens not being so dominant and then having a lot of practical sets and AA’s.

Of course projecting mapping will be included but in new innovative ways.
Henry Mystic even thinks Ministry will match if not top Rise.

With all the positive reviews of Cinesational and the new Hogwarts show, I'm really hopeful that Epic will continue this roll of great new shows. The HTTYD show we already have a good sense of since it's a modified version of Beijing's, and I assume the Potter show will be top notch or WB/JKR would never approve it, but I really hope the nighttime fountain shows and the other entertainment offerings not mentioned yet in Celestial and other areas will be of similar caliber. I'm guessing that Universal Creative realized there was a show problem in the parks and finally has the right person making decisions or has thrown enough money at the issue that it will be a property wide upgrade with shows worthy of world class parks.

Sorry I am pretty behind, but Is there any truth to rumors that universal won't be offering season passes for epic universe when it opens? My whole plan was to renew upgrading to a 3 park pass for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: saint.piss
I just don't see how universal would not allow season passes unless they got some absolutely wild numbers off the lack of Disney investments and interest. I guess that could explain the land expansion?

In would think that universal should be building out a massive amount of hotel rooms split between value resorts and their own version of DVC as Disney did in the 90s as a priority. The goal should be now to pump the existing parks on built in resorts to insulate those parks and expansions from downturns that would hit 3rd party resorts and hotels worse.

I would also imagine they intend to make a Disney springs area that will funnel revenue away from other idrive businesses and leverage transit that will be needed anyways between the resorts which is the primary reason for the land expansion.

Universal as it stands at city walk can mostly only fit restaurants and entertainment. They will do well on expansion of transit and capacity with more retail/dining/entertainment.

I've always been skeptical of the "no season pass" rumor. They risk creating a redo of the Galaxy's Edge fiasco (or, alternatively, Hollywood's Wizarding World debut catastrophe) if they create too many barriers to seeing Epic.
Definitely.....I have yet to see a new park hit the numbers that fans expect. Usually, the first and second year attendance numbers aren't all that different than the existing parks, or even less.

Reactions: Clive
I've always been skeptical of the "no season pass" rumor. They risk creating a redo of the Galaxy's Edge fiasco (or, alternatively, Hollywood's Wizarding World debut catastrophe) if they create too many barriers to seeing Epic.
I'm skeptical too, and hope that they learned their lesson from Wizarding World at USH (expecting people to pay increased AP Prices along w/ having to pay for parking).

I wouldn't mind a reservation system for APs who don't have hotel reservations though.

Reactions: Clive and IzzyB
I feel the simple solution is to do reservations for AP’s. First come first serve kinda deal.

Then do individual one day passes normally and if one day reaches capacity, just make it unavailable to purchase.

The real meat and potatoes of the situation is how many times should AP’s be able to visit and book reservations for Epic within its first opening year. This is where things start to get controversial. Assuming that your AP’s will now cost more because of the fact you are getting another park to visit, people will argue that they SHOULD be able to visit when ever they want, after all they paid to do so. BUT the demand of the park at launch will be astronomical. So there needs to be a happy medium that lets casual vacationers not have to climb to the top of the Chronos to be able to visit while ALSO not completely leading to the possibility of a bunch of AP’s only getting to visit two-three times out of the year.

I may be overestimating or underestimating the situation, I don’t know a whole lot about balancing capacity in these ways, would love more input on those metrics/knowledge if anyone had any they are allowed to share.

Reactions: theuberguberman
I’m not a DVC expert, but Universal absolutely should be doing something similiar. Their hotel offerings are already cheaper. With the new park, they’re really able to easily convince people to spend a week there, especially if hotels are cheaper. Plus you don’t need a boat, skyliner, and/or bus to get around. Everything is either going to be at your hotel, within walking distance, or 1 bus ride. The resort is much more concise.

I’d 100% become a vacation club member. They should seriously consider this option. Disney have not much for rest of the decade and Universal can really easily shift crowds their direction if they tried.

From official opening day onwards, do you think anyone will be able to go or will it require the post covid Disney style reservation system?what did the do for IoA?

I feel the simple solution is to do reservations for AP’s. First come first serve kinda deal.

Then do individual one day passes normally and if one day reaches capacity, just make it unavailable to purchase.

The real meat and potatoes of the situation is how many times should AP’s be able to visit and book reservations for Epic within its first opening year. This is where things start to get controversial. Assuming that your AP’s will now cost more because of the fact you are getting another park to visit, people will argue that they SHOULD be able to visit when ever they want, after all they paid to do so. BUT the demand of the park at launch will be astronomical. So there needs to be a happy medium that lets casual vacationers not have to climb to the top of the Chronos to be able to visit while ALSO not completely leading to the possibility of a bunch of AP’s only getting to visit two-three times out of the year.

I may be overestimating or underestimating the situation, I don’t know a whole lot about balancing capacity in these ways, would love more input on those metrics/knowledge if anyone had any they are allowed to share.
As long as Universal becomes upfront about it when tickets debut, I wouldn't be surprised if 1-Day tickets and those with vacation packages are only allowed in those first few weeks.

We already know from the SWGE fiasco that APs won't just take a $200+ price increase and increased blackouts lightly, and still pay up for 1-day ticket to get into the land (especially in Orlando where income is far below SoCal). You can easily make it a 1-day ticket only thing for the first 3 weeks (along with anyone staying at a UOR hotel), and then slowly bring in each AP level week after week with reservations for the first few months.

I’m not a DVC expert, but Universal absolutely should be doing something similiar. Their hotel offerings are already cheaper. With the new park, they’re really able to easily convince people to spend a week there, especially if hotels are cheaper. Plus you don’t need a boat, skyliner, and/or bus to get around. Everything is either going to be at your hotel, within walking distance, or 1 bus ride. The resort is much more concise.

I’d 100% become a vacation club member. They should seriously consider this option. Disney have not much for rest of the decade and Universal can really easily shift crowds their direction if they tried.
Universal should stay far away from anything related to a vacation club. Hotels will become more expensive for non-members/rack rates in order incentivize joining the club... that's why Disney has these astronomical prices at their resorts.