Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

Sorry if this isn’t the best thread for this question, but: How have the crowd levels compared to past years thus far? Smaller? Same?
Are you asking about the parks in general or HHN?

I've gone to the parks a few times this summer and have seen varying crowd levels. A few weeks ago, the parks were deserted by the time I arrived around 3:30. VC, Gringotts, and Hagrid were the only rides with notable waits, and in VC's case, that was partially due to downtime (it was offline all morning and experienced delays right up to park close). I haven't seen the parks that quiet in years aside from last summer when they first reopened. Mid-summer was busy at points but didn't feel worse than the crowds in summer 2019 when Hagrid opened. Increased staffing has also helped the parks feel calmer compared to spring where restaurants and food carts were severely understaffed with long lines.

HHN has had weird crowd flows the past two weeks due to an abundance of rain and TM guest pass blackouts; the event can be really busy for a September date or shockingly quiet with less locals coming.

Sorry if this isn’t the best thread for this question, but: How have the crowd levels compared to past years thus far? Smaller? Same?
If Touring Plans crowd levels are accurate, both Universal, and even more so WDW, have had much slower than normal September crowds. They don't rate HHN, so no idea on that.
Besides covid, keep in mind there's no International tourists, and those from the UK generally are a significant percentage of late August and September attendance. American out
of state tourists have always dipped during September when schools start.....Universal Orlando was pretty busy all summer until mid August when attendance dropped. When we were
there in mid June for 9 days, Universal was constantly packed......October should be a better indicator of where crowd levels are going. Many schools have a Fall break during Columbus Day
, and, in the past five years before covid, that has spurred October attendance.

Last edited:
A little twist for October......Touring Plans published their school breaks schedule this morning and they said it appears 'less schools than normal' are
taking Fall breaks this October, primarily due to them not wanting their students to travel during covid. Bottom line is that there may be less tourists, than
usual, taking advantage of their children being off in October. So that October spurt might be less than expected. Bears watching.

United airlines CEO this morning said that flight volume is now back to the levels of early summer. Sounds like travel & tourism might be rebounding from Delta effects. Also, Florida
covid cases (Wash Post graphs) are now the 13th 'BEST' state with a 7 day rolling average of 29 cases per 100,000 population. Sounds like Delta is running out of anti vax kindling.

United airlines CEO this morning said that flight volume is now back to the levels of early summer. Sounds like travel & tourism might be rebounding from Delta effects. Also, Florida
covid cases (Wash Post graphs) are now the 13th 'BEST' state with a 7 day rolling average of 29 cases per 100,000 population. Sounds like Delta is running out of anti vax kindling.
That's good.

Luckily there's a vaccine for people to get if they want

It’s crazy you need to show proof of vax and have to wear a face mask at all times in one resort and don’t need to take any precautions or show test results at the other.

Meh, I'd rather not have to show my "I got Moderna" tattoo.

I already can't open carry in the parks.

It’s crazy you need to show proof of vax and have to wear a face mask at all times in one resort and don’t need to take any precautions or show test results at the other.

This is all due to Los Angeles County regulations. California overall has an indoor mask mandate, so Disneyland only requires masks indoors and is not requiring outdoor masks or proof of vaccine. USH wouldn't be doing this if they had the choice.

Florida now has the eighth best rate among US states on confirmed covid cases per 100,000 population (Wash Post covid graphs). It may take some time for word to get around that Florida is no longer the covid mess they were,
but this is a good trend for future Orlando visitors. .By the time I visit on Nov. 10th, it should be fairly safe down there.

I’m
Florida now has the eighth best rate among US states on confirmed covid cases per 100,000 population (Wash Post covid graphs). It may take some time for word to get around that Florida is no longer the covid mess they were,
but this is a good trend for future Orlando visitors. .By the time I visit on Nov. 10th, it should be fairly safe down there.

I'd take America's covid numbers with a huge grain of salt, especially Florida's.

Per 100k, America's covid cases are 1x5 less than the UK but Per 100k, America's death rate is 3.5x higher than the UK.

uk us covid death.JPG uk us covid cases.JPG

The other answer is proof that vaccines are working.

Either way, doesn't matter.

The numbers are dropping and I feel more confident than ever, that the worst is behind us.

Hopefully you can enjoy your trip before the British invasion happens.

I’m

I'd take America's covid numbers with a huge grain of salt, especially Florida's.

Per 100k, America's covid cases are 1x5 less than the UK but Per 100k, America's death rate is 3.5x higher than the UK.

View attachment 15392 View attachment 15393

The other answer is proof that vaccines are working.

Either way, doesn't matter.

The numbers are dropping and I feel more confident than ever, that the worst is behind us.

Obesity in the US, which is out of control, is one of, if not, the leading physical conditions, besides old age, that lead to covid hospitalization and death. Second leading is extreme diabetes, which also has links to obesity.
Many experts have said that's one of the main reasons the US death rate is higher than most other nations. That probably comes into play when looking at variations in graphs from other nations. Even
before vaccinations, US was showing higher death rates per capita than many other areas of the world. Being old, obese and diabetic is just about a death sentence if you get covid without being vaccinated.

I’m

View attachment 15392 View attachment 15393

Just like last October :look:

Florida now has the best covid confirmed case rate among all the states at a 7 day daily average of seven cases per hundred thousand residents (Wash Post). Way to go Florida, with my Orlando vacation only 16 days away.
Guess there's not much dry timber left to infect .