Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving an updated prediction of three that I'm starting to think

- DreamWorks (Far Far Away, Trolls Forest, Berk)
- Warner Bros (Looney Tunes, DC [With slight possibility of something Cartoon Network or Hanna])
- Nintendo (Mushroom Kingdom [MK & Yoshi], DKCountry [Mine Carts], and maybe Splatoon [Shooter Dark Ride and a show])

I can't think much of the other two, but I would honestly not be shocked of the WB Collaboration growing for Orlando. Universal has proven in a way, that they can do a huge property like Potter with the utmost respect and passion; that I can see that being a pushing reason for that to occur.

And as far as Nintendo goes, I have to think they won't put Zelda and Pokemon at Site B. At-least, not just yet. And that, there was the little chirping of Splatoon being looked at (which would actually make sense given the earnings the series has been getting.

Reactions: Magic-Man
The general consensus is that this park will have 5 areas and since I like to compare this park to IOA, this is what I'm imagining.

IOA had 6 lands when it opened, Port of Entry, MSHI, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Lost Continent and Seuss.

It's heavily rumoured that this will be a hub and spot layout which really drives down the lands available but allows for much bigger lands or I would assume, Universal will call them worlds.

If we assume that this park will have 5 lands, this what I see:
  • Something akin to port of Entry and whatever is in the hub (I can't see this being Nintendo as it's a risk to use a licensed IP for your icon)
  • Super Nintendo World (Mario, Yoshi and Donkey Kong)
  • Dreamworks (Shrek, HTTYD and Kung Fu Panda)
  • Sci-Fi World (Battlestar Galactica or another big steel coaster, Godzilla)
  • Fantastic Beasts
I can see Universal having a dedicated kids lands, similar to Suess, what IP they use is anybody's guess.

Giving an updated prediction of three that I'm starting to think

- DreamWorks (Far Far Away, Trolls Forest, Berk)
- Warner Bros (Looney Tunes, DC [With slight possibility of something Cartoon Network or Hanna])
- Nintendo (Mushroom Kingdom [MK & Yoshi], DKCountry [Mine Carts], and maybe Splatoon [Shooter Dark Ride and a show])

I can't think much of the other two, but I would honestly not be shocked of the WB Collaboration growing for Orlando. Universal has proven in a way, that they can do a huge property like Potter with the utmost respect and passion; that I can see that being a pushing reason for that to occur.

And as far as Nintendo goes, I have to think they won't put Zelda and Pokemon at Site B. At-least, not just yet. And that, there was the little chirping of Splatoon being looked at (which would actually make sense given the earnings the series has been getting.

You have to think that we’d see Fantastic Beasts as one of the five lands. It’s just too obvious at this point.

As for the other land, it’s anybody’s guess. They could split DC and Looney Toons up, if they were to come. It might be Classic Monsters or some sort of holiday land. It could be Nickelodeon. Hell, they could split Nintendo up into two different lands if Zelda/Pokémon gets built.

I’m just happy that Warner Bros. is rumored to be getting looked at.

My prediction:

Nintendo World (split into zones with some sort of hub in the center maybe like one from Mario 64 in the castle, but once you enter the portal you go to different Nintendo Worlds, Mushroom Kingdom, DK, Zelda and Pokémon)
Fantastic Beasts - Pairs
DC (if they can get the rights to the DCEU and if Six Flags doesn’t have those rights)
Classic Monsters land
Middle Earth or GOT (both probably won’t happen, but still hoping for one of either haha.)
Dreamworks Land (How to train your dragons, Madagascar, Trolls, Voltron, etc)

Last edited:
Ok final guess:

SNW with MK, Yoshi, DK, and Luigi’s Mansion now.

Holiday World as said by quinnmac earlier. Rudolph, Grinch, Classic Monsters

Dreamworks with Shrek and Trolls

Pokémon( Yes separate from SNW)

Sci-Fi world with Pacific Rim and some others.

Cartoon World with WB and Scooby

Reactions: quinnmac000
I saw some more stuff about the Wizard of Oz being in the parks. So I'm about to be real annoying. I know people think the Wizard of Oz is irrelevant but whether it is or isn't. Wizard of Oz is the American fairy tale. So it's kinda dumb that either park wouldn't include it. Walt wanted to make the Wizard of Oz but he wasn't able too, and after that Walt always wanted to have something with Oz be part of Disney. So if Universal is smart and they do it, it will be one big slap in the face to Disney, that they don't have an American classic in their park anymore. Disney is an American brand and Disney doesn't own one of the most culturally significant films in American history, that's why they tried making two Oz films, return to oz and oz the great and powerful. Both flopped because they were unable to give people what they wanted. Something that connects to the movie. Wicked is able to do that because they were able to weave it in without getting in trouble. So if Universal is smart they will get Warner Bros. on board to allow them to create this land.

Reactions: Andysol
More so Looney Toons. Still don’t see DC coming.

Maybe add some more cartoons like getting Spongebob and TMNT.

Spongebob would make an excellent water ride. I'd be curious to see how many attractions people think are coming and what the breakdown would be.

Big coasters, water rides, kids rides, shows, dark rides, etc.

I think this will have more rides than IOA and thinking more Magic Kingdom. I only think 1 big coaster, but a couple family coasters. 1 soak you water ride, but two more boat rides. 2 interactive rides. Couple dark rides.

I think this will have more rides than IOA and thinking more Magic Kingdom. I only think 1 big coaster, but a couple family coasters. 1 soak you water ride, but two more boat rides. 2 interactive rides. Couple dark rides.

Understatement of the year :lol: they already will have two dark rides in a single land, and that may be expanded on. Otherwise, I agree with you. But wouldn't family coasters count as big coasters, or do you mean a thrill coaster when you say big coaster?

Reactions: Imperius
Understatement of the year :lol: they already will have two dark rides in a single land, and that may be expanded on. Otherwise, I agree with you. But wouldn't family coasters count as big coasters, or do you mean a thrill coaster when you say big coaster?
I mean hulk or RRR as big coaster.

I mean hulk or RRR as big coaster.

Oh. Yeah, definitely. If they had more than that, I'd be shocked.

Also, I'm busy typing up a essay for Reddit, explaining all the latest rumors and speculation. So, if you see stuff on there based on what we've talked about the past couple months (Warner Bros and Classic Monsters included), that's me.

I don't see more rides/attractions/shows in the initial opening than IOA or USF has. Even Shanghai Disney doesn't have any more attractions than that. It'll take a few years to build the attendance past 7 to 10 million. So that should be enough capacity for that level of attendance. But, I'm sure they'll have plenty of easy to access expansion pads for the future expansions , so they don't have to tear down existing rides to add on like they do at USF/IOA. . Just my business sense guess though.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The naming of the nintendo for site b shall be quite interesting Because how do you say world or land at site b, and then put the other nintendo at IOA and USF?

...that's why they tried making two Oz films, return to oz and oz the great and powerful. Both flopped ...
Universal has more than enough ip's of it's own that didn't flop to fill 2 new parks. I expect (hope) a Middle Earth and of course Nintendo as non owned but worthy ip's for Universal. No Oz, BttF, Ghostbusters, Waterworld, WB animation or DC. Maybe a Wicked CityWalk 2.0 presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.