Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 319 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Model T's you say? I'll raise you one Ford Model T as the centrepiece of a modern theme park land.

15685483202_6bc3fff771_b.jpg
Sorry...Stanley resembles a steam car made by the Stanley Motor Carriage Company, the Stanley Steamer. Not a Ford Model T. Try again.

Captain Falcon has not had anything, ANYTHING to call to his own. Smash, is not; nor should not, be the only reason to why something would be plausible.

The same goes for any possible thing coming; but he is a part of a franchise that has not seen ANY new title since F-Zero GX on the GameCube (and F-Zero Climax on the GBA in Japan).

Meanwhile, I'd argue that the Puff Ball, Kirby; would be better suited for quite a few reasons. He's easy to identify, the stories he's in can be very simple and family oriented, and it would be a chance to honor someone who's had a larger influence with Nintendo that has paved the way to a lot of the company's road.
You’re acting like I said no to Kirby. Kirby can have a play area or whatever like what was in the original plan, and because Captain Falcon is only really known for Smash these days he’d just be a walk around. Why this is so hard to get for people I have no idea. It’s like if the characters aren’t extremely well known they don’t deserve anything even something small.

Meanwhile elsewhere in Universal...
betty-boop-universal-studios-orlando-meet-and-greet-3.jpg

Especially in Orlando where there’s more space to work with I do expect Nintendo to push for some kind of inclusion of smaller franchises. Does this mean big attractions/rides? No, but they will be somewhere in however small of a capacity. Even if it’s just a walk around character.
Yea, i'd probably agree that Nintendo would or should at least push to get -some- presence of up and coming or mid level franchises of theirs beyond just the big ones like Pokemon, Mario, Zelda. though honestly with splatoon the biggest hope i would have with any collaborations is a stronger/bigger push at an attempt to make it a multimedia franchise. Theme park wise it'd be cool if there's even just some easter eggs + the more than likely general merchandise in a nintendo store.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
Captain Falcon has not had anything, ANYTHING to call to his own. Smash, is not; nor should not, be the only reason to why something would be plausible.

The same goes for any possible thing coming; but he is a part of a franchise that has not seen ANY new title since F-Zero GX on the GameCube (and F-Zero Climax on the GBA in Japan).

Meanwhile, I'd argue that the Puff Ball, Kirby; would be better suited for quite a few reasons. He's easy to identify, the stories he's in can be very simple and family oriented, and it would be a chance to honor someone who's had a larger influence with Nintendo that has paved the way to a lot of the company's road.

Hypothetically, if Kirby was a walk-around character, then how would that work. He’s like 2 ft tall. I guess they could have a puppeteer or somehow make it a free-walking robot.

On another note, I do expect that if Universal really wanted to make 4th park their Magic Kingdom, then they might do princess meet and greets. I highly doubt little children care at all about Princess Zelda though (maybe more for Peach)

Just an interesting thing to note: Ferrari World has apparently been testing their SFX coaster. I hope they can get it up, and maybe we'll see something like it here.

They've been testing it for the past 6 months. It was suppose to open back in May now the opening date is still undetermined. I'm guessing concept is good but in theory execution is poor.

Reactions: HPFred
They've been testing it for the past 6 months. It was suppose to open back in May now the opening date is still undetermined. I'm guessing concept is good but in theory execution is poor.

I have a feeling that Intamin could build something similar, but it’d actually work great. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw another Mummy-like coaster in the future.

I have a feeling that Intamin could build something similar, but it’d actually work great. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw another Mummy-like coaster in the future.
How many coasters are you expecting at the new park ? I’m guessing maybe 3 at the most. All will be highly themed with a focus more so on the family.

How many coasters are you expecting at the new park ? I’m guessing maybe 3 at the most. All will be highly themed with a focus more so on the family.

I'll put money on there being one "unthemed" bigger coaster.

We already know Donkey Kong is going to be there, so we're at 1 definitely. I think 3-4 is probable.

My hopes:
- 2 thrill oasters similar to Everest. I don't want a coaster like Hulk unless they hyper theme it.
- Gringotts with more coaster portions
- Some type of mine train for the entire family like BTMR

I’m gonna go with four, but only one “thrill” coaster. We already have one semi-confirmed coaster in Donkey Kong, plus IOA will have four, and USF (technically) has four. It makes logical sense.

Ideally (to me), the perfect combination of coasters:
  1. Smaller-tier family coaster, similar to SDMT
  2. Medium-tier family coaster, probably Donkey Kong
  3. Large-tier family coaster, similar to the new HP coaster
  4. Thrill coaster

Reactions: OrlLover
Status
Not open for further replies.