Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 375 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an FYI, according to a respected insider I've been talking to privately, Disney is really going to be upping their game in Orlando in the future. This includes a mountain of new unannounced additions, but also a strategic effort to damage Universal. I can't go into detail (although he did with me), but they're really going to be playing dirty if what he told me is true.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S
Do Universal even have the rights to Ghostbusters any more?

This is just an FYI, according to a respected insider I've been talking to privately, Disney is really going to be upping their game in Orlando in the future. This includes a mountain of new unannounced additions, but also a strategic effort to damage Universal. I can't go into detail (although he did with me), but they're really going to be playing dirty if what he told me is true.

I'm guessing that would be Fire Mountain?

I wouldn't expect anything less from Disney and it all benefits us the consumer.

Reactions: HPFred and tielo
Do Universal even have the rights to Ghostbusters any more?

I doubt it.

Consider me skeptical.

Plus Disney lost its opportunity to do that when UOR got Harry Potter. Uni will never match Disney's attendance numbers, but Disney lost the ability to snuff Universal out a long, long time ago.

I am going to level, if this implies that they are thinking of doing a fifth park..then they are recklessly stupid.

Universal Orlando has been doing a lot of growth for USF and IOA, and alongside the growth of Citywalk and resorts; they need the space to expand.

Disney however, has five parks that need growth, and more importantly; need's to get better.

I am going to level, if this implies that they are thinking of doing a fifth park..then they are recklessly stupid.

Universal Orlando has been doing a lot of growth for USF and IOA, and alongside the growth of Citywalk and resorts; they need the space to expand.

Disney however, has five parks that need growth, and more importantly; need's to get better.

Spot on. I think 3 parks is kind of the sweet number. WDW's 4 is too much especially with the rate at which they build new rides and Unviersal's 2 is too little for how quickly they build.

I also think any chance for Disney to play dirty, went away when NBCUniversal and Nintendo announced their joint collaboration; not just when they got Warner Bros. for Harry Potter.

Since 2015, Universal and Nintendo have not only begun more on Osaka; but now on collaborating with the owned Illumination on animated films featuring Nintendo characters.

The only chance I see Disney going all out on growth for the parks, is if they intend on using 20CF as soon as once the deal closed. But until then, I don't see it having as much of an impact for Universal on the southern endeavor.

I'm guessing that would be Fire Mountain?
No. I just meant a ton of new builds are in the works. I doubt Fire Mountain.
Consider me skeptical.

Plus Disney lost its opportunity to do that when UOR got Harry Potter. Uni will never match Disney's attendance numbers, but Disney lost the ability to snuff Universal out a long, long time ago.
It's actually fairly complicated. More than just going up against Universal with more additions. When I said they're going to be playing dirty I meant more behind the scenes stuff to make them feel some pressure. Again, can't go into it, but some knowledgable people on the forum may be able to guess. I don't expect this bit to have a great deal of impact on Uni, but we'll see.

They're keeping their options open but I wouldn't say a fifth gate is being considered to a high degree. It's an option in the future, but again they're going to focus on expanding and building up the existing parks before that's given more consideration. In total the projects in the works are more than another gate, but spread out to many of the existing parks. Things are still very fluid, but the desire is definitely there from what I've been told.

Reactions: Mike S

I'm gonna call some exaggeration on this because its fundamentally missing the biggest issue with Disney right now which is the price worth the quality. They can add all the additions they want but it will raise ticket prices significantly and right now the only way they could really hurt Universal strategically is by poaching their good designers and lowering prices which they won't do unless we hit a recession again.

I'm gonna call some exaggeration on this because its fundamentally missing the biggest issue with Disney right now which is the price worth the quality. They can add all the additions they want but it will raise ticket prices significantly and right now the only way they could really hurt Universal strategically is by poaching their good designers and lowering prices which they won't do unless we hit a recession again.
...among a few other things.
Which would be great, but I don't see how that would crush Uni, especially because they're gonna still be building stuff at USF/IOA
Never said crush at all, but they can build more pressure. Universal is not going back to the pre-2010 days anytime soon. But, the 2020-2030 period is going to be very big for both. Uni has their third gate and some plussing of their existing parks, and Disney has an equally massive response laid out. Things should be very interesting! So get out your popcorn!

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
...among a few other things.

Never said crush at all, but they can build more pressure. Universal is not going back to the pre-2010 days anytime soon. But, the 2020-2030 period is going to be very big for both. Uni has their third gate and some plussing of their existing parks, and Disney has an equally massive response laid out. Things should be very interesting! So get out your popcorn!
Well I’m here for the “friendly” lol competition. Build as much as you want Dis and Uni because that is more rides for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.