Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 457 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a very very big monsters land if they combined the classic monsters Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Creature From The Black Lagoon, maybe Invisible Man, another shot at the mummy,etc. then you have the giant monsters, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Updated Kong (2017) highly unlikely,etc. You really think that can all fit in all one themed land? We are talking possibly Fantastic Worlds Biggest Themed Land. I was going to add Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde he is a classic monster for sure.

Stop thinking that the Toho/Warner monsters have any form of meaning with the Universal Monsters.
I’m not I am saying they should be split into 2 themed lands it would be too big to include classic monsters + giant Toho monsters. That’s if giant monsters/classic monsters even make it to a fourth gate. From a scale to 0 to 100 how likely will they show up at Fantastic Worlds?

I’m not I am saying they should be split into 2 themed lands it would be too big to include classic monsters + giant Toho monsters. That’s if giant monsters/classic monsters even make it to a fourth gate. From a scale to 0 to 100 how likely will they show up at Fantastic Worlds?

SNW, Fantastic Beasts, HTTYD, Shrek, and Classic Monsters are the only guarantees for this park. Don't expect anything else until we get confirmation from Universal or insiders.

Reactions: truejonas
...keep in mind, it has been said by a few that Universal Monsters; may be the first thing pulled from the plan (depending on how things may play out).

The only guarantee, is Nintendo. But that's because of the Town Hall meeting confirming of it being at UFW.

...keep in mind, it has been said by a few that Universal Monsters; may be the first thing pulled from the plan (depending on how things may play out).

The only guarantee, is Nintendo. But that's because of the Town Hall meeting confirming of it being at UFW.

Unless they put something in its place (AKA Pokemon, Zelda, or another outside IP), it would be kinda idiotic to remove it from the plans.

Reactions: RevFreako
Unless they put something in its place (AKA Pokemon, Zelda, or another outside IP), it would be kinda idiotic to remove it from the plans.

Keep in mind, while Universal Monsters is a IP for Universal that has an audience..it may not be as large of an audience.

It's going to have to rely on the nostalgia of the fans of Universal's past, and also bank probably more into the audiences who would be a bit more daring to take on going into that kind of a experience (but not to the extent of a HHN event).

Keep in mind, while Universal Monsters is a IP for Universal that has an audience..it may not be as large of an audience.

It's going to have to rely on the nostalgia of the fans of Universal's past, and also bank probably more into the audiences who would be a bit more daring to take on going into that kind of a experience (but not to the extent of a HHN event).

That may be true, but it's still idiotic to cancel a land for that reason. It's a theme park land, people will go inside.

Reactions: natespf
That may be true, but it's still idiotic to cancel a land for that reason. It's a theme park land, people will go inside.

And I doubt nothing would replace it if it were to be dropped..but I do think the chances of it dropping can go either way, especially as the Universal Monsters hasn't had the best luck in entertainment as of the past decade (and I loved The Wolfman, I'll be blunt about that).

Reactions: Magic-Man
And I doubt nothing would replace it if it were to be dropped..but I do think the chances of it dropping can go either way, especially as the Universal Monsters hasn't had the best luck in entertainment as of the past decade (and I loved The Wolfman, I'll be blunt about that).

One way they could still be seen is if they went WAAAAY back to UOR roots - get into the practical, "movie filming" style. Monsters could still get their center stage, and it would be completely different than anything UO or even Disney currently offers.

I love riding the movies. I'd also like to see how those movies are made.

SNW, Fantastic Beasts, HTTYD, Shrek, and Classic Monsters are the only guarantees for this park. Don't expect anything else until we get confirmation from Universal or insiders.
Well, Doolittle has been intimated too. Plus RPO.

There's always the possibility of a new world we're not expecting could slip in somehow.

But what would be an interesting strategy... Put the Classic Monsters in Lost Continent or Studios.

Well, Doolittle has been intimated too. Plus RPO.

I'll put a lot of money on neither of those happening in Park 3. Especially RPO.

But what would be an interesting strategy... Put the Classic Monsters in Lost Continent or Studios.

Lost Continent would not work, IMO. The land, as described to me, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too similar to Hogsmeade.

But at the same time, film success doessn't not dictate attraction success i.e Waterworld which at the time was labled the biggest box office flop ended up being considered one of Universal's best attractions. Whereas F&F most popular franchise, most hated attraction.
-------------------------------
I know it will never happen but I would love if the hub ended up being The Good Place....that is all

Reactions: natespf
If they've indeed reworked the Donkey Kong ride, that alone could add a significant area to the land. And since SNL is going to be in a new park instead of an existing park, I'm guessing a significant sized sit down restaurant and more store areas, and possibly a live stage show of sorts in a theater and/or a street show..........My guess is they will make this as immersive as Diagon with things to do, but they have more space to work with so it will be significantly larger than Diagon. I'm thinking Universal will have the mindset that this land will need to surpass GESWL in it's totality.

In the tit for tat war that Universal and Disney are playing, I 100% believe that they will be aiming to surpass Star Wars.

Kidzone was a relatively small area for the scale of what’s possible so they would be crazy to not expand on what they had planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.