Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 495 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was never intended to be enclosed, is it "unfinished?"

Ehh, I've heard conflicting things on this. I guess "unfinished" depends on how much leeway you give them when they discovered they couldn't logistically enclose the thing.

Reactions: therock
Ehh, I've heard conflicting things on this. I guess "unfinished" depends on how much leeway you give them when they discovered they couldn't logistically enclose the thing.
If they discovered it before they started going vertical, then I'll say it wasn't "planned" to be enclosed.

If they discovered it before they started going vertical, then I'll say it wasn't "planned" to be enclosed.

Fair enough.

I'd argue they should have come up with an alternate plan, then, to make the backside of the mountain more aesthetically pleasing (perhaps a more manageable temple facade). They didn't do that, so I feel criticisms of the final result are fairly warranted.

Reactions: therock
Volcano enclosed or not; they still under delivered on their marketing promise. Both on theme and concept.
Sorry, didn’t mean to derail.
My point is...UOR still makes mistakes, and their most recent blunders weren’t that long ago.

Volcano enclosed or not; they still under delivered on their marketing promise. Both on theme and concept.
Sorry, didn’t mean to derail.
My point is...UOR still makes mistakes, and their most recent blunders weren’t that long ago.
As long as Nintendo’s awesome I’m good. I’d still be upset if the rest of the park stunk effectively making it like the wait for Nintendo was extended for nothing but I’d still finally have my dream land.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
As long as Nintendo’s awesome I’m good. I’d still be upset if the rest of the park stunk effectively making it like the wait for Nintendo was extended for nothing but I’d still finally have my dream land.

There is a lot of potential fur Nintendo land, let’s hope they live up to expectations

Reactions: therock and Mike S
I’m just worried the Dreamworks attractions will just end up being childrens’ rides with only one real major E-Ticket. I hope they spread some of the kids attractions out instead of feeling as if they have to condense it into one world.

I’m just worried the Dreamworks attractions will just end up being childrens’ rides with only one real major E-Ticket. I hope they spread some of the kids attractions out instead of feeling as if they have to condense it into one world.
I think the idea is worlds with several lands inside them. Also every ride doesn’t have to be an E ticket. Some D, C and even B tickets are alright to round out the attractions.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They will be family rides I’m sure. Which is what they should be.

DreamWorks will be like Fantasyland. The highest thrill probably being HTTYD.

Reactions: Legacy
Family rides can be E-Tickets. Thrills don't automatically make a ride an E-Ticket.

I’m not implying that either, I just mean that I’m hoping they’d go to the length they’d go for any other attraction in terms of theming and immersiveness, rather than just plopping down a couple of ok-themed flat rides and calling it a day.

I’m not implying that either, I just mean that I’m hoping they’d go to the length they’d go for any other attraction in terms of theming and immersiveness, rather than just plopping down a couple of ok-themed flat rides and calling it a day.

Other than a carousel, something like Dumbo, or a tea cup style ride, I don't expect any other flat rides.

Other than a carousel, something like Dumbo, or a tea cup style ride, I don't expect any other flat rides.
I was about to say there are not too many flat ride choices out there. Uni can get creative with the theme but that is about it as far as “plussing” them goes.

What do we think are the most realistic Dreamworks IPs to go in here? My guesses are:

Shrek (Far Far Away)
How to Train Your Dragon
Kung Fu Panda

Any chance Madagascar sneaks in or is that not sustainable? Rumor has it that Trolls may pop in KidZone down the road so I'm leaving that off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.