Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 512 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is, with DreamWorks and Illumination, Universal doesn't need Spongbob. I would expect Spongebob Storepants to be rethemed when KidZone is replaced. In the Superstar Parade, Spongebob should be replaced by Trolls and Dora should be replaced by Madagascar. HTTYD, Panda, and Potter should go into a night parade.

Universal also no longer needs Scooby and the gang.
Honestly, the are not capitalizing on the syngergy points as much as they could be

Reactions: youhow2
So, getting slightly back on track, it is peculiar that we don’t really have a concept for what the fourth “world” will be at this park. Nintendo, Dreamworks, and Classic Monsters seem to be the front runners at the moment, with another Wizarding World expansion rumored. But it seems like whatever MoM attraction is rumored to replaced FFL would pretty much cover all bases as far as Potter attractions go.

So I’ve been thinking, with Comcast stating they’d like to infuse more of their own IP into the parks, that the fourth land could be Battlestar Galactica-based, pending the success of the new rumored movie.

I think it’s bound to show up eventually in some form at the parks, but I feel like they could be playing it touch-and-go with whatever the fourth land could be. I still think another Wizarding World expansion would be more plausible, as it would probably be more enticing, but on the off-chance that Battlestar Galactica breaks out of being a niche IP and achieves critical and commercial success, it seems like it would benefit Universal more.

So, getting slightly back on track, it is peculiar that we don’t really have a concept for what the fourth “world” will be at this park. Nintendo, Dreamworks, and Classic Monsters seem to be the front runners at the moment, with another Wizarding World expansion rumored. But it seems like whatever MoM attraction is rumored to replaced FFL would pretty much cover all bases as far as Potter attractions go.

So I’ve been thinking, with Comcast stating they’d like to infuse more of their own IP into the parks, that the fourth land could be Battlestar Galactica-based, pending the success of the new rumored movie.

I think it’s bound to show up eventually in some form at the parks, but I feel like they could be playing it touch-and-go with whatever the fourth land could be. I still think another Wizarding World expansion would be more plausible, as it would probably be more enticing, but on the off-chance that Battlestar Galactica breaks out of being a niche IP and achieves critical and commercial success, it seems like it would benefit Universal more.

No. Not even a 1% chance. They know what they are doing by now and they aren't holding off a whole land in case a very niche IP shocks the entire world and breaks out. You are talking about an IP that had tv shows that never took off and a movie thats been in development hell for almost a decade. They just hired another writer to start over a few months ago. This is not the resume of something that they are going to dedicate 25% of their new flagship park to.

Out of curiosity I finally looked up the restaurant. It’s in the West Bank so yeah not Israel. Got confused with the original name of the whole country.

That’s really all you had to say. No big deal :shrug:

More so just wanted to prevent a huge political debate that I forsaw happening unintentionally. No offense taken and sorry if you felt I was being brisk.

Last edited:
No. Not even a 1% chance. They know what they are doing by now and they aren't holding off a whole land in case a very niche IP shocks the entire world and breaks out. You are talking about an IP that had tv shows that never took off and a movie thats been in development hell for almost a decade. They just hired another writer to start over a few months ago. This is not the resume of something that they are going to dedicate 25% of their new flagship park to.

They're saving expansion pads for it.

They'll wedge it right in between Ready Player One Land and Lord of the Rings Land to the east and west, and Dr. Doolittle Land and House with a Clock in it's Walls Land to the North and South.....

I honestly feel like we do not need yet another Wizarding World area in the new park. We already have Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, what more can they even add? Even so, they can add other types of rides in those two areas rather than adding a third version of the same IP. I love Harry Potter, but I think adding a third land in relation to it is way too much. Having a more "medieval" type of park would be more beneficial for an IP like The Legend of Zelda, which they can honestly do great wonders with. While Lord of the Rings is a nice enough idea, I kind of put that in line with Game of Thrones, as in it's a great franchise but centering it as a theme park option might be a bit hard (there wouldn't be as much "oomph"
as an IP with more "color" if that makes any sense?) in a perfect world, the new park will have Classic Monsters, Super Mario, Hyrule and Pokemon. There's just SO much that Universal can do with having the Nintendo IP in their hands, their competition with Disney would actually be more intense because at this point all they really have going for them is Harry Potter and that's it, and let's face it, Fantastic Beasts just isn't gonna help, it's gonna get old, fast. (And people haven't really been too pleased with the latest movie either).

in a perfect world, the new park will have Classic Monsters, Super Mario, Hyrule and Pokemon. There's just SO much that Universal can do with having the Nintendo IP in their hands,
I disagree. Having the park be 75% Nintendo does not offer great diversity in IPs. While I think Universal has a massive asset in having a partnership with Nintendo, I believe they would be better off spreading the Nintendo love over their parks: Mario/DK/Yoshi/Kirby in FW, Pokemon in USF, Zelda in IOA... I just think they just need to move quicker on these.

As far as Fantastic Beasts, I'm indifferent to it. I'll wait for the next movie to hopefully redeem the franchise and maybe see what kind of ideas they have in mind for the land(s).

I honestly feel like we do not need yet another Wizarding World area in the new park.....

The thing with Potter is that with how incredible the first two lands are, you know if they add a 3rd to the new park we know it's going to blow us away like the first two did.

So while for some it might be a "tired" IP to further expand upon, with the attention to detail they're always forced to take (with JK's ever watching eye always making sure it meets her standards) you know they're going to knock it out of the park. We don't run the risk of Universal "phoning it in" on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.