Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Holidays 2018

Was also there Saturday, 12/15. They were pulsing the line into Wizarding World, using the left side of Kung Fu Panda as the queue. Man, that was one clusterf*ck. I found that if you stood by the Butterbeer Cart in the back and wait until just before the show started, you can actually get a really good full view of the nighttime light show. Either way, avoid the early showings and try for the later showings.

Really glad they expanded the show this year and mic'd the key performers - makes for a far more substantial, satisfying moment.

So they actually did do a show this year.

I am..quite happy about that, to be honest. And I completely agree with @Fallow, it's a treat to see the mics back.

Edit: Martha May for her show in the daytime, also seems to use a mic. That said, it may just be the shadows screwing with me..

Last edited:
So they actually did do a show this year.

I am..quite happy about that, to be honest. And I completely agree with @Fallow, it's a treat to see the mics back.

Edit: Martha May for her show in the daytime, also seems to use a mic. That said, it may just be the shadows screwing with me..

Martha is mic'd, the rest of them are not.

I know it's a long shot, but I REALLY hope that with whatever happens to the redevelopment of the lower lot, they incorporate a hub/event space so Grinchmas can take place downstairs. The crowding is getting worse each year on the upper lot where the lower lot remains quiet during the holidays.

I know it's a long shot, but I REALLY hope that with whatever happens to the redevelopment of the lower lot, they incorporate a hub/event space so Grinchmas can take place downstairs. The crowding is getting worse each year on the upper lot where the lower lot remains quiet during the holidays.

Now there's an idea I can get behind - develop a purpose-built event/flex outdoor space that's a little larger than Universal Plaza. Helps drive crowds downstairs/spreads out the Potter flow.

Been a while since my last post (and I'm a little late for the holidays), but here's my collection of nighttime photos from this year's event at USH.

First up, Grinchmas:

Next up, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

And finally, random spots around the park:

Not sure if this was the right place to post or not. The photography section doesn't seem very active, so I just posted it here.

Cheers!

Been a while since my last post (and I'm a little late for the holidays), but here's my collection of nighttime photos from this year's event at USH.

First up, Grinchmas:

Next up, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

And finally, random spots around the park:

Not sure if this was the right place to post or not. The photography section doesn't seem very active, so I just posted it here.

Cheers!

Nice photos. They look great blown up to full size...Thanks. :thumbsup:

Universal Studios Hollywood Grinchmas Logo Loop

Universal Studios Hollywood marks the "Who-liday" season each December with "Grinchmas," an annual celebration of the holidays. Featuring nightly tree lighting ceremonies, a playground of fresh snow and daily celebrity readings of the Dr. Seuss classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood is included in the price of theme park admission, and is an experience perfect for the whole family.

When it comes that time for holiday cheer, look no further, Grinchmas returns later this year! The Whos will be waiting by the 60-ft tree, with songs and caroling and so much to see! So when the seasons change and it starts to get freezing, keep an eye out for The Grinch™ during the holiday season!