Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Official Universal Studios Hollywood App Smartphone - Explainer (2017):

Download the free App!

Navigate the Theme Park and CityWalk Hollywood with interactive maps, wait times, show times and more – all in the palm of your hand.

Download the Official Universal Studios Hollywood App Today!

Make the most out of your day with these app features:
1. See wait times for all rides, attractions, and shows.
2. Alerts to let you know when a line wait time reaches the time you want.
3. Set reminders before show start times.
4. Find your way with the detailed, GPS-enabled Park map.
5. Use filters to find the perfect ride, shop, or place to eat.
6. Create an itinerary to plan your adventure.
7. Always be in the know with Park Notifications on news, events, attractions and schedule changes.
8. Set a parking reminder to find your car by section, level, aisle.
9. Share your experience on Facebook and Twitter.

Connect with Free XFINITY® WiFi throughout the Theme Park!

I wonder when they are going to update the map on the app so that it includes the Animation Studio Store and the Dreamworks Theatre

It sucks at after just a few years of Woody being on things like this App video....he's now gone.....

But yes, I now have it and it.....sucks. Can you lie to and say yes but not give it access?

What's your thoughts on the revised app that came out yesterday? Not fond of the smaller font for the wait times. The bar code for passes has been replaced with a QR code. Separately, I noticed, and don't know when it changed, the Platinum still comes with a HHN ticket, but a reservation is required now and based on availability. In past years, you just showed up on the days that it was allowed.

It's fine the things I would like from the app are mainly being able to buy food outside of the park like the Disneyland App

Another thing in App it would be cool if you could upgrade your ticket to express like after you check in you can just click a button and pay for express on the App and that would also be for HHN as well. Like if Universal wants to have less TM to sell upgrades and let people do it themselves the App would be a clear money saver

The HNN ticket was updated around last Octoberish we saw the terms for APs updated saying we'd have to pick a date which I think with most AP's isn't that bad...I assume most people have a day in mind anyway and 99 percent of people plan on when they are going and don't randomly one night just show up for HHN

Outside the park... like CityWalk? Or outside the park... like while you're home? Because the latter would be silly.. lol
The Disneyland app lets you do it ANYWHERE

But I'd settle for Citywalk, on busier days it would for sure help people like me who are planners like me and make every second count at the park

I don’t hate the changes, but the wait times are a little too small. I hate to do double takes and squint to see what the wait time for Jurassic World was.

Ohh thought of one more thing, if they could have line times for Express and normal line that would be great like at HHN

I agree the wait times need to bigger, way too small compared to what we’re used to. Also, the map symbols need to be less cluttered and show the wait times on the map like Disneyland does. Some things though are improved like the Home Screen and wallet.

One thing I hope they could add later on is the ability to add some sort of avatar/logo to your profile/wallet. Even if it's a set collection of Universal themed pics or characters, it'd be better than just my initials. It's the one thing I like about the Disney app, where you have a lot of characters to choose from.