Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Price Increase!

The Magic Kingdom in Florida recently got its price raised to $99 for a single day ticket. That is as high as you can get before getting into the triple digits. I think that if they go into triple digits they will cross a psychological barrier that would be too hard some people swallow. This would lead to a drop in attendance.

USO raised their gate price today as well.  Still on par with WDW other parks.  But I can expect to see a DLR price increase soon which will effect USH's decision.

Try being a noob and figuring out all of those acronyms.  

Time to buy folks... time to buy!

I am just glad that USH does not try to match its price to Disney like its Florida cousin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Four dollar upcharge eh?

That's pretty ballsy of Universal especially when this park is in a state of construction, however did that stop Disney from raising prices for both parks while DCA was a construction zone? Nope.

Its because no matter what the price is, companies do not make money on admission sales.  Its a well known fact.  That is why admission is raised based upon competition and marketed as "similar quality experience".  I hate it, but its economics.

Eh I dunno if I could go to USH as often as I do if it was that expensive without the "buy a day" deal.

I really only ride Jurassic Park, The Mummy, and Transformers. At least Disney has a large ride count including old favorites and new experiences. 

I really only ride Jurassic Park, The Mummy, and Transformers. At least Disney has a large ride count including old favorites and new experiences. 
True, true, true. I'm always excited to go to Universal but then 2 hours after being there I have a hard time figuring out what to do next. I appreciate going to Disney so much more now because of this. Classic attractions and new attractions are a great blend. Disney is fortunate they can add new things and keep their classics. The annual pass is awesome due to the fact that there is so much to do and you don't have to rush through your trip to do everything. I'm looking forward to when this applies to USH as well. 

One has to wonder if Magic Kingdom will be the first to bypass the $100 dollar mark.

By the way, are they building anything or adding anything to justify the price hike? Just curious to know.

One has to wonder if Magic Kingdom will be the first to bypass the $100 dollar mark.

By the way, are they building anything or adding anything to justify the price hike? Just curious to know.
I'm pretty sure Magic Kingdom will be the first.

They've got a new parade opening in a couple of days, plus the Snow White Mine Cart ride opening soon as well. Still, the price is ridiculous and way too much.

Technically, they by passed the $100 mark last year.

After taxes, a 1-day ticket to the Magic Kingdom is $105.44 and $100.11 for any of the other three parks.

Its a lot of money, but honestly, who goes to Disneyworld for one day?

If you buy a 4-day base ticket it is only $78.28 per person per day and the price per day drops the more days you add to the ticket. The way Disney prices their 1-3 day tickets is to encourage people to stay longer for a better value.

Technically, they by passed the $100 mark last year.

After taxes, a 1-day ticket to the Magic Kingdom is $105.44 and $100.11 for any of the other three parks.
Yeah, but you know how people react to the sticker price. I know with Disneyland, I can get my money's worth but who knows when that day will pass.

As for a parade and a mine cart ride, that sounds...interesting.