Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Price Increase!

A rare price decrease to Annual Passes and its a significant one!

Sliver Annual Pass

Was $179 is now $174

Gold Annual Pass

Was $329 is now $249

Platinum Annual Pass

Was $629 is now $449.

When the Platinum Annual Pass was introduced in 2016 it sold for $599, and this was before they added Universal Express to the pass. You can get that same pass now for $150 less than what it sold for in 2016 and it has Universal Express!

A rare price decrease to Annual Passes and its a significant one!

Sliver Annual Pass

Was $179 is now $174

Gold Annual Pass

Was $329 is now $249

Platinum Annual Pass

Was $629 is now $449.

When the Platinum Annual Pass was introduced in 2016 it sold for $599, and this was before they added Universal Express to the pass. You can get that same pass now for $150 less than what it sold for in 2016 and it has Universal Express!
Holy....poop.

Thats a deal for less than 500 bucks...its unlimited front of line and one free HHN ticket right?

It would be cool if they did the same for Orlando....One of the major theme park chains really needs to cut prices to get this out of control huge price increase monster calmed down a bit.

I've heard that if you're on Flex pay, the monthly charges will be going down to reflect the new prices. I hope if you paid in full (like I did), I'll get some sort of refund, or at the very least, credit towards a future pass.

I've heard that if you're on Flex pay, the monthly charges will be going down to reflect the new prices. I hope if you paid in full (like I did), I'll get some sort of refund, or at the very least, credit towards a future pass.

The monthly charge only goes down if you are past your 12 month commitment. The only passholders that will see a reduction in their monthly payments are the ones that are past the 12 month period and are paying month-to-month.

If you are still in your 12 month contract, the price will not go down.

This is a great deal! Seems like attendance is down this time of the year because I’ve gotten quite a few days to reserve that we’re originally blocked out.

It was around this time back in 2017 when I was able to get a Gold Pass from Costco for $199. That was such a great deal. I don't think I ever saw that deal again. I likely won't renew until 2021 for SNW. I imagine passes will go back up in a year before the land's opening.

"A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one."

WOW! I have more respect for USH now. There is no chance in hades that Disney would even think of doing this. Their old prices never reflected the value of the current park so I'm glad they're humbling themselves a bit. This is actually going to make themselves look better and Disney worse.

I think the problem is for many guests the re-visit value is still extremely low at USH. There is still a lack of attractions and many don’t offer much re-ride value (Simpson’s, dwt, minions, studio tour). I’m sure most people have seen Harry Potter already since it opened way back in 2016.

I think the problem is for many guests the re-visit value is still extremely low at USH. There is still a lack of attractions and many don’t offer much re-ride value (Simpson’s, dwt, minions, studio tour). I’m sure most people have seen Harry Potter already since it opened way back in 2016.
Maybe the park should get an MIB clone, it’s a people eater and has plenty of re-rideability

Last edited:
As great as the price decrease is, I’m still not seeing the appeal of Platinum. The free HHN ticket isn’t really worth it if it’s only valid for nights that your FFP would be valid for and you can’t transfer it. FoL privilege is nice if you’re going by yourself, but if you’re with someone else it’s kind of useless. The only thing that would entice me into buying it is if it gave you access to both Hollywood and Orlando and it had unrestricted parking. Parking privileges are the biggest sell for me when it comes to buying a pass.

Once I renew, I’ll just stick with gold. The free parking alone make it worth it and the food/discounts are super helpful. Glad they lowered the price!