Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The yearly streak is broken. Has Universal finally lost their edge?! ;)
I know you’re joking but this is the mindset that gets us a standing room-only version of Toy Story Mania passed off as an attraction in the 2020’s.

Like, yeah it’s great we get new stuff every year but the novelty only lasts a little bit…then we’re stuck with a meh attraction while areas needing years’ worth of attention remain idle.

I used to have to convince my ex that one big vacation was better than a bunch of weekend trips that cost just as much. I wish Universal thought the same. 2015 was a year without anything new but the year before it was Diagon. Same with 2020 separating Hagrid and Velocicoaster. I actually wish they’d slow down and make sure ALL resources go to Epic.

I know you’re joking but this is the mindset that gets us a standing room-only version of Toy Story Mania passed off as an attraction in the 2020’s.

Like, yeah it’s great we get new stuff every year but the novelty only lasts a little bit…then we’re stuck with a meh attraction while areas needing years’ worth of attention remain idle.

I used to have to convince my ex that one big vacation was better than a bunch of weekend trips that cost just as much. I wish Universal thought the same. 2015 was a year without anything new but the year before it was Diagon. Same with 2020 separating Hagrid and Velocicoaster. I actually wish they’d slow down and make sure ALL resources go to Epic.

We did get Bourne in 2020--easy to forget because it was, well, 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo
Marketing: Let yourself whoa at Universal's Big Kahuna. :lol:

It does have a nice ring to it, or maybe I just don't like the EU name that much in comparison.

Poseidon's Fury's refurbishment should be wrapping up soon, shouldn't it? I think that'll be their 2022 thing.

As interesting as this project sounds, I really do wish they would close down Minion Mayhem and move it all over to a part of KZ (build a 'real' Minion ride), making use of some of that area until they fill the rest with something else which would allow them to redo the entrance area of USF as a whole. Maybe accidentally knock over Rockit's station while they're there.
They'll probably play up Mummy refurb big time like they did the Hulk. That will bring the locals into the park.

They'll probably play up Mummy refurb big time like they did the Hulk. That will bring the locals into the park.
Yeah I think Mummy refurb and Poseidon's Fury reopening is enough for 2022 to be honest. This is especially true given so many parks delayed their 2021 attractions while Universal went forward with opening Velocicoaster. The sheer success and newness of that ride combined with the refurbs should help carry the parks through the year.

As interesting as this project sounds, I really do wish they would close down Minion Mayhem and move it all over to a part of KZ (build a 'real' Minion ride), making use of some of that area until they fill the rest with something else which would allow them to redo the entrance area of USF as a whole. Maybe accidentally knock over Rockit's station while they're there.
Anything to fix how disjointed the entrance is. The studio theme is so tired, and Minions always looked cheap.

MINIONS villains. Not Despicable Me. But, yea.
I was thinking about which Minions villains we may see represented at Villain Con. After some digging, all of the villains on the left are identified characters that are seen attending the convention in the film. On the right side, I included screenshots of other characters and the many unidentified villains we also see throughout the movie in the background, that could potentially be used for this attraction as well. I am looking forward to hopefully facing off against them in the Villain-Con attraction!
Villain Con.JPG

I was thinking about which Minions villains we may see represented at Villain Con. After some digging, all of the villains on the left are identified characters that are seen attending the convention in the film. On the right side, I included screenshots of other characters and the many unidentified villains we also see throughout the movie in the background, that could potentially be used for this attraction as well. I am looking forward to hopefully facing off against them in the Villain-Con attraction!
View attachment 15870
There’s a sequel coming out. Just remember what happened when the Pets ride took so long a sequel came out.

Also, regarding nothing in 2022 - we got VelociCoaster in 2021 when Busch Gardens or Sea World would have held it to 2022 and Disney would have paused construction (unlike Universal iirc) and slow-rolled it to 2022.

Edit: and Bourne in 2020 when nobody else opened anything except their front doors.

The idea sounds fun it’s just that moving walkway lol. What about those parents/tourists who walk into the parks at 9 and grab a Fosters?

Even without that I don’t see how people don’t fall or kids don’t try to leave their areas, it’s just putting a lot of faith in guests, which I think is ultimately a risky strategy imo. May not be a disaster but I can see it being the vocal issue with the attraction if that makes sense. It’s all just very interesting to me right now.

Hardly any International visitors since early 2020. That's 20 to 30% of their tourists in normal times . Bourne & Velocicoaster, for all intents and purposes, are new attracions for them, and cane continually be marketed as new. International floodgates are opening.A large influx of International pent up demand should make for a strong 2022 at Orlando theme parks.

Last edited:
Even without that I don’t see how people don’t fall or kids don’t try to leave their areas, it’s just putting a lot of faith in guests, which I think is ultimately a risky strategy imo. May not be a disaster but I can see it being the vocal issue with the attraction if that makes sense.

Being moved sideways while standing and also focusing intently on a specific area sounds like a recipe for some people (those who get motion-sick, in particular) getting disoriented.

I have heard that supposably part of the building (likely the one theater that was still open before Shrek was shuttered in January) will be allocated for Halloween Horror Night houses. Does anyone happen to know if the Minion attraction will encroach into that space or will it stay about the same size from the Shrek days? Also what will happen to the preshow room for that theater? Will it become part of the flex space (if they demo the back wall) or will it become a storage area?

I have heard that supposably part of the building (likely the one theater that was still open before Shrek was shuttered in January) will be allocated for Halloween Horror Night houses. Does anyone happen to know if the Minion attraction will encroach into that space or will it stay about the same size from the Shrek days? Also what will happen to the preshow room for that theater? Will it become part of the flex space (if they demo the back wall) or will it become a storage area?
One whole theater will be allocated for HHN/flex space.

One theater and some backstage area used for main attraction.

One preshow used for brief inside queue/preshow area.

Part of other preshow might be used for a small exit gift shop and/or exit/unload area.

Much of old Shrek gift shop probably used as new backstage TM area (including new restrooms according to permits).

(Not all of this is confirmed, except flex space info.)