Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I respect everyone's personal taste! Obviously, I strongly disagree, but I'd be genuinely interested to hear why you think the park is better in its current form (from the standpoint of your enjoyment, not "business" justifications).

When I think about the list of attractions I would have been disappointed to miss on a trip in 1993 versus a trip in 2022, it's absurd how little I feel like is a "must do" currently.

I think 2000 (with the opening of MIB) was the best the park has ever been.

Losing both Twister and Beetlejuice/Disaster to simulators really compounded my issues with the park.

The replacements being based on properties I don't care about didn't help, either, but that's not a deal-breaker (I don't care about THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS as a franchise, yet I'd love to see that ride in USF).
IMO, losing Twister for Jimmy Fallon wasn't really a big loss. I'll happily chill in the cool lobby playing games and enjoying live singers, plus go on the ride over a two-minute special effects show.

Now, Disaster and Beetlejuice on the other hand... That's a very different story.

I do wish they still had a disaster/catastrophe canyon type ride with the rushing water, fire, and other physical effects. Those were the rides I remembered growing up. You can't replicate those thrills with screens and animatronics. Not every ride should be that way, and a lot of the new stuff is great, but a modern version of those would be nice to have.

Ok so just collecting my thoughts on all potentially relevant closures. Shrek 4D, Donkey Meet and Greet, Monsters Cafe, and now the Prop Shop.

0CF2F70F-5EB8-44AB-9205-5C9B32A4A154.jpeg

Then we know that one theater will be used as flex space. We also have the concept of moving the location of the entrance.
Would it be better or worse if I said the entrance will be between Hello Kitty and Brown Derby?

Regardless of if they do an all emcompassing theme, or that the Prop Shop closure is connected, they definitely are making moves on the front of the park.

Then we know that one theater will be used as flex space. We also have the concept of moving the location of the entrance.
I should add that plans can always change this far out, but that seems to be the case as of two months ago.

Reactions: Nico
Would moving the entrance to the Minions shooter between Hello Kitty and the Derby Store make it a Hollywood attraction or a Prod. Central one?

I assume it would be considered a Hollywood entrance with a production central exit. The only reason I’m pro moving the entrance (despite it not really working thematically - unless it’s spy themed) is I’m curious what they could do to the exterior of that soundstage without needing to work in an entrance.

The entrance to queue for the new Villain Con attraction will be where the Shrek entrance was.

The exit might move to a new exit gift shop facing the gift shop exit across the way at Minion Mayhem. (No longer facing old Donkey meet and greet.)
So I assume the former Shrek theatre that will host the ride portion of the Minion attraction will be the one that was still open before Shrek was shuttered in Jan 2022? That theatre is attached to the preshow room that will become the new Minions gift shop. Then correct me if I am wrong but I assume they would have to install a new hallway from the preshow room to the ride that goes around the black box theater.

So I assume the former Shrek theatre that will host the ride portion of the Minion attraction will be the one that was still open before Shrek was shuttered in Jan 2022? That theatre is attached to the preshow room that will become the new Minions gift shop. Then correct me if I am wrong but I assume they would have to install a new hallway from the preshow room to the ride that goes around the black box theater.
The one that will become the “ride” is the one furthest from the front.

Most wall partitions will be removed and replaced, so while it will kind of be a similar set up as before, it will technically be completely different lol.

Most wall partitions will be removed and replaced, so while it will kind of be a similar set up as before, it will technically be completely different lol.
In a podcast you did on Youtube you said that the furthest Shrek theater never reopened after Halloween Horror nights because they were likely starting the prep work for the new minion attraction. It looks like you were on the money. What I envision now is once you exit the ride you will walk through a new hallway (they are installing new partitions) they wraps around the black box flex space to the gift shop. And to enter the flex space for Horror Nights, i guess you would maybe enter through doors in the queue or they could add them on the side where the former Shrek gift shop is.

Does this also include the flex space? Or are they simply going to build around the existing front Shrek theater and leave it for HHN?

Does this also include the flex space? Or are they simply going to build around the existing front Shrek theater and leave it for HHN?
Build around existing front theater. I think part of the wall between theaters may be adjusted slightly to accommodate exit ramp to gift shop between them. But yea, pretty much just leaving that front theater alone for HHN mazes.

@Alicia With USF doing press events for The Rise of Gru, wasn't it speculated that Universal was planning on announcing the Villain Con attraction around this time?

@Alicia With USF doing press events for The Rise of Gru, wasn't it speculated that Universal was planning on announcing the Villain Con attraction around this time?
A couple years ago the plan was to open the new attraction around this time to coincide with it.

With the Fear Factor replacement cancelled, this got moved to next year instead. (Supposedly they found a ton of water damage or needed roof work at Shrek anyway so needed the extra time.)

With it opening next year, who knows when they’ll announce new details on the new attraction.

A couple years ago the plan was to open the new attraction around this time to coincide with it.

With the Fear Factor replacement cancelled, this got moved to next year instead. (Supposedly they found a ton of water damage or needed roof work at Shrek anyway so needed the extra time.)

With it opening next year, who knows when they’ll announce new details on the new attraction.
What are the odds they just call this a banana stand until an announcement February 2022, with a May or April opening?