Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What? No. I was wondering if they’d do like Web Slingers and sell special blasters that allow you to use different weapons that match your favorite villain. Just like you can buy an Iron Man blaster for Web Slingers to use on the ride.

not based on a rumor, just wondering out loud.

I would doubt it unless they had usage off the ride as well. Disney made the webslingers and the shoulder banshees with limited in land usage which didn't help with merch sales. Looking at all the products Universal has put out specific with land/ride integration, they always had other usages within areas such as the Potter Wands, The Power Bands, and in USJ the custom stuff for Universal Cool.

I remember this being mentioned before, but I don't quite remember - the blasters are completely handheld and not connected to anything, right? It'll basically be like picking up 3D glasses?

I hate that idea. If the ride is fun the store will sell enough merch to get a huge return on investment and everyone can experience the ride in the same way including leader board. I call it a Di$ney thing and Universal better doesn't movie to that garbage pile.

Universal started this with the wands. I'm sure they have a bunch of concepts that never materialized involving attractions with wands, like a wand interactive shooter ride, etc.

Disney is following Universal

With the attraction coming along nicely and the entrance sign being assembled and being finished, does this mean that are the very least we could see them open up the gift shop for the public to check out before the attraction itself officially opens late May early June? And does anyone have a timeframe on soft openings? Maybe some point in April early May if they are aiming for that late May early June timeframe for opening?

I was hoping the urine color on the building would get a do over, it looks bad. Also the artwork is (on closer inspection) very sloppy framed. The artwork is alright but as a whole I'm not impressed.
The building got a repaint over the past few months so it was clear it wasn't going to be changing.

Also, I feel like this could open well before the speculated June timeframe. Now that's slightly educated speculation from me based on some people I know. Maybe TM previews run long. But if the Sign is up, Queue is done and the inside is just about finished as well with TMs getting ready to take over, I just don't see how this gets put off until June. Especially since TM previews will likely be happening at some point in Early May or so at the latest.

Last edited:
The building got a repaint over the past few months so it was clear it wasn't going to be changing.

Also, I feel like this could open well before the speculated June timeframe. Now that's slightly educated speculation from me based on some people I know. Maybe TM previews run long. But if the Sign is up, Queue is done and the inside is just about finished as well with TMs getting ready to take over, I just don't see how this gets put off until June. Especially since TM previews will likely be happening at some point in Early May or so at the latest.
I’ve said it could open in May, but June may be “official” opening, because testing is starting soon (next week?) and could last through April. Then I was thinking a couple weeks previews like you said. That puts opening mid May assuming everything goes perfectly. But since this involves wireless score keeping tech, I was assuming there may be some minor bumps in the road, so, June.

Was just a guess. But they do tend to like to announce an opening date and then just “soft” open for weeks if it’s ready sooner.

The real question is, how much later before the Cafe is ready?

I’ve said it could open in May, but June may be “official” opening, because testing is starting soon (next week?) and could last through April. Then I was thinking a couple weeks previews like you said. That puts opening mid May assuming everything goes perfectly. But since this involves wireless score keeping tech, I was assuming there may be some minor bumps in the road, so, June.

Was just a guess. But they do tend to like to announce an opening date and then just “soft” open for weeks if it’s ready sooner.

The real question is, how much later before the Cafe is ready?
I guess they may want to hold off until the cafe is ready to "officially" open the ride since it's all a part of one land.

I guess they may want to hold off until the cafe is ready to "officially" open the ride since it's all a part of one land.
I don't think the cafe will have to open at the same time, but I imagine that they'll want all the work walls down on that central street and the side street before they open Villain-Con. The sooner that gets done the better.

I'd think this would need more testing/training just because it's a different ride system than anything else on property, but, at the same time, how would you test this without using actual people. It's not like a coaster where you can just cycle it for days.