Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The greeter, App, guide maps, and website will probably all help to clarify what it is

However, you will still have people coming up and asking whether or not it goes upside down

Which IMO is totally fine

There is a certain amount of surprise that attractions like this like to conceal until you're actually on them
I imagine this is going to be an attraction where greeter really sucks to be at.

It’s going to have the same capacity of both Shrek theaters.

As long as it’s both and not one. I remember the nightmarish days of only one Shrek theater (back in the 2000s when it was new and still a marquee experience).

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I hope so, but the pessimistic side of me is worried about the real world implementation once you involve guests themselves.

Oh I get that! What’ll help is there are no vehicles to board or restraints to check. I hope Uni has designed a large enough area so guests can sync their blasters.

We generally vacationed at Universal during May and early/mid November. Basically moderate crowd level times. Rare was the day that both Shrek theaters were open.

It’s going to have the same capacity of both Shrek theaters.
@Alicia once said (I think on the forum) that Villain Con will use not only the space of one of the Shrek theaters, but also some of the backstage area as well. So this will track. While I am curious about he logistics like how they will keep guests in check if there will be no bars on the walkway for example, I am sure Universal has that all figured out.

Oh I get that! What’ll help is there are no vehicles to board or restraints to check. I hope Uni has designed a large enough area so guests can sync their blasters.
Theory time. What if you can only sync a blaster if you buy a specialty blaster from the Villain-Con gift shop. It’s paired to the app exactly same way a Power-Up Band. And would be the only way to track your scores and be in the leaderboard. Your device would be paired once and then automatically updates score after each ride same as SNW attractions, but also means no extra time is needed to spend pairing a device to an app while about to board a moving pathway.

Also explains why graphic in app shows a replica of Vector’s blaster. Perhaps you can buy one based on every villain from all movies, which explains why their silhouettes are on the poster but not the actual ride (which only features the Vicious 6)?

But that’s just a theory.

Theory time. What if you can only sync a blaster if you buy a specialty blaster from the Villain-Con gift shop. It’s paired to the app exactly same way a Power-Up Band. And would be the only way to track your scores and be in the leaderboard. Your device would be paired once and then automatically updates score after each ride same as SNW attractions, but also means no extra time is needed to spend pairing a device to an app while about to board a moving pathway.

Also explains why graphic in app shows a replica of Vector’s blaster. Perhaps you can buy one based on every villain from all movies, which explains why their silhouettes are on the poster but not the actual ride (which only features the Vicious 6)?

In this day and age, I have trouble thinking they'd sell something that looks remotely like a gun for guests to walk around the park and back to their car with.

I hate that idea. If the ride is fun the store will sell enough merch to get a huge return on investment and everyone can experience the ride in the same way including leader board. I call it a Di$ney thing and Universal better doesn't movie to that garbage pile.

Reactions: Coolbfitz