Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Cabanas

Sorry if this was said, but they re-opened cabana reservations?! This is exciting because we're booking a family cabana for our group for HHN.

Yes, advance cabana reservations have been re-opened for a few weeks. They've been time restricted though. Right now you can book through 9/30.

People must be doing it as when I arrived at opening last Thursday all the cabanas were already marked sold out.

Great review @MiddKid!

Just wanted to echo a tip for others who have rented cabanas and are utilizing early entry. I read that some were dropping off their stuff in chairs in front of the volcano, taking advantage of the lower wait times for the first hour or two, and THEN heading over to cabana check-in.

This totally worked for us. If you have any non-riders with you (I had my mom and aunt in tow), they can take care of the cabana check-in for you as well. Then, when we were ready to head over, we made a family's day with a primo spot in front of the Volcano!

Cabanas: I can't say it was worth it. We landed up using the Tapu Tapu there only twice. It took extra time to get it. Food service took ridiculously long. Had to walk with server to check out. Oh, forgot to mention, we realized our waters were warm. The fridge wasn't on. For my family I wouldn't pay $299 for that again. No way did we get that value.

So after doing it and knowing what you know now- if you got another cabana for free - what would you do differently to try to have a better cabana experience?

So after doing it and knowing what you know now- if you got another cabana for free - what would you do differently to try to have a better cabana experience?

That's a great question.
  • I'd go directly to the correct concierge hut. I was too nervous to go to a different hut not knowing if it was the right thing to do, or even which one was the "right" one. Given the price point, however, I'd argue (someone else in this thread mentioned it too) that cabanas should have a separate check-in process. Why am I waiting behind people renting towels when I paid $300 for the day? It's similar to when you stay on the concierge level at a Disney hotel. The security guard at the parking lot gets your name and when you pull up the concierge is waiting to take you to your room. In general, I'm not a snobby/luxury type guy, but when I pay $299 I expect more. They use the term "concierge service" in the description.
  • I'd make sure the fridge is cold, ours was off
Outside of that, there is not much I'd personally do differently. Needing to wait 1.5 hours for our food wasn't anything I did. Them not being able to run my credit card due to overheating card readers wasn't anything I'd change.

Value is relative. We were an active family of 5 who spent most of the time on the slides. Our only extended time in the cabana was waiting for food and eating food. So for us, the value wasn't really there. Especially since the tapu kiosk added virtually no value for us. If we had non-riders or had encountered a rain storm that we wanted to ride out I can definitely see more value being added.

• I'd go directly to the correct concierge hut. I was too nervous to go to a different hut not knowing if it was the right thing to do, or even which one was the "right" one. Given the price point, however, I'd argue (someone else in this thread mentioned it too) that cabanas should have a separate check-in process. Why am I waiting behind people renting towels when I paid $300 for the day? It's similar to when you stay on the concierge level at a Disney hotel. The security guard at the parking lot gets your name and when you pull up the concierge is waiting to take you to your room. In general, I'm not a snobby/luxury type guy, but when I pay $299 I expect more. They use the term "concierge service" in the description.
I agree about the check-in process. I'm debating on getting the cabana first or doing what @UNIrd has suggested- just putting stuff down and checking in later.

Last edited:
I wanna put stuff down and head to the slides, but I am NOT leaving my phone/camera by itself, one of the benefits of that cabana is the free locker. Stinks.

Now I am going to have anxiety watching everyone run to slides as I am loading into my cabana lol

I wanna put stuff down and head to the slides, but I am NOT leaving my phone/camera by itself, one of the benefits of that cabana is the free locker. Stinks.

Now I am going to have anxiety watching everyone run to slides as I am loading into my cabana lol

I'm planning on throwing my phone up in the air at the top of the volcano, riding the drop slide, and then catching it from the bottom.
I'll let you know how it works out

I'm planning on throwing my phone up in the air at the top of the volcano, riding the drop slide, and then catching it from the bottom.
I'll let you know how it works out
seems-legit-1mot1c.jpg

For a phone, buy one of those waterproof bags (probably camping section at a place like Walmart) before you head to Orlando.

hey everyone! we’re headed to volcano bay for the first time the second week of september as part of a horror nights/bachelor party/epcot/USO trip. thinking about grabbing a cabana for saturday the ninth — anyone with experience visiting that time of year? am I better off just grabbing some chairs as crowds will be light?

we have five day, three park tickets so I’m not worried about getting everything done quickly. more considering how much more chill a cabana makes the experience.

hey everyone! we’re headed to volcano bay for the first time the second week of september as part of a horror nights/bachelor party/epcot/USO trip. thinking about grabbing a cabana for saturday the ninth — anyone with experience visiting that time of year? am I better off just grabbing some chairs as crowds will be light?

we have five day, three park tickets so I’m not worried about getting everything done quickly. more considering how much more chill a cabana makes the experience.
If you can swing a cabana and have a few people it is the way to go there. Crowds might be light (probably not) but even so having the amenities really enhances the experience.

If you're thinking of buying CALL NOW. Cabanas are in high demand and prices quickly spiral out of control. I got a cabana in 2021 for around $260 with taxes but recently I've heard of cabana pricing over $900!

If you're thinking of buying CALL NOW. Cabanas are in high demand and prices quickly spiral out of control. I got a cabana in 2021 for around $260 with taxes but recently I've heard of cabana pricing over $900!
copy that — I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

thanks y’all.

Any updates on how selecting cabanas is now? I have done it twice, first time a long time ago, and was able to essentially pre-select a cabana the second time it was a first come first served kind of situation. I just got off the phone with a representative and they said they can kind of narrow it down to some features such as not near children and such and leave notation on the reservation such as volcano view and etc but the main reason I ask is because this would be a splurge for my brother and sister-in-law who are new to UO and want them to have the best experience possible and want a cabana with a great view but this is during HHN and would be doing HHN the night before and I can see them sleeping in relatively late because of their first HHN outing EVER so I don't want to end up with a cabana with a slide/lazy river view ... is it better as the vet to then arrive early to VB and secure a better cabana and my brother join us whenever they can or should we risk entering together at a later time and hope our notation was recognized? Tips appreciated. Thanks

They did take our cabana suggestion when we went two weeks ago but things always change. We still showed up at opening so I couldn’t tell you if they still would have acknowledged our request. They took our cabana suggestion during HHN season too but they also told us first come first serve that time. Maybe because the water parks aren’t as crowded in the off-season they want to sell them as customers come whereas summer every day seems booked irregardless so why not let people pick the ones they want.

I would also just wait until the week of to make a decision & see what they say at the time since rules seem to change every few months.
If worse comes to worse, just send one person in the morning. If the whole party manages to get up you can also snag some chairs by your cabana too since the cabanas have only one long lounger to sleep on and knock out for a few more hours.