Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but what happens when they run out of expansion space and want to build new attractions?
Which is something that is happening awfully fast at USF after Fallon, F&F and Nintendo. Sure they still have Fear Factor and can probably add something in Hollywood, but where else can something of any decent size go after these next big expansions/additions without replacing things? Going into the TM parking lot is a slight possibility, but eventually they will run out of land. I suppose that the concert yard is a potential expansion area as well if the park gets to that point, but I have to think Uni would hate to lose that Stage.

IOa still has a lot of space to be renovated to either be brought up to date or be changed to something better (along with a few expansion pads), however again, once everything is filled, there's only so much you can do with two parks that are packed with attractions. A Third park will eventually be needed.

Universal hasn't even officially told us that Volcano Bay is and will be a third park. It just says waterpark. No offense to Universal but I think it would be quite disappointing if the waterpark will just have themed waterslides & just a wave pool. I'm not saying to that Universal needs to compete with Disney...but if Disney decides to plan a fifth park down the line someday...I assure you it will get Universal Orlando's attention. I read in an article that Universal is trying to top Disney...not a lie. I still read screamscape.com that's where I get all my theme park information. You say screamscape is not that reliable...well where are the other sites that are out their to get my latest accurate theme park news from? I don't have any really good options.

Universal hasn't even officially told us that Volcano Bay is and will be a third park. It just says waterpark. No offense to Universal but I think it would be quite disappointing if the waterpark will just have themed waterslides & just a wave pool. I'm not saying to that Universal needs to compete with Disney...but if Disney decides to plan a fifth park down the line someday...I assure you it will get Universal Orlando's attention. I read in an article that Universal is trying to top Disney...not a lie.
Pay no attention to anything regarding a fifth WDW park (DHS and Epcot are in shambles as it is and DAK still needs more attractions). WDW needs to get the parks it currently has in shape before thinking about a fifth park.

And yes, Uni is trying to steal some of the market share from Disney.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I read in an article that Universal is trying to top Disney...not a lie.

What article and what is not a lie? It has been my experience that there is a big difference between DrHanksCancerElixer.com and MayoClinic.org.

Please try to not quote quotes here without providing links to the quote and article.

Regarding Screamscape: You go girl. Have fun with that patent info he provides.

Universal hasn't even officially told us that Volcano Bay is and will be a third park. It just says waterpark. No offense to Universal but I think it would be quite disappointing if the waterpark will just have themed waterslides & just a wave pool. I'm not saying to that Universal needs to compete with Disney...but if Disney decides to plan a fifth park down the line someday...I assure you it will get Universal Orlando's attention. I read in an article that Universal is trying to top Disney...not a lie. I still read screamscape.com that's where I get all my theme park information. You say screamscape is not that reliable...well where are the other sites that are out their to get my latest accurate theme park news from? I don't have any really good options.
For Universal Orlando info...Orlando United, sometimes Theme Park Insider...For WDW, WDW Magic, Theme Park Insider....They're the pros. Screamscape is very unreliable, though he occasionally gets something decent.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wonder how long before this thing goes vertical?

Yeah, but what happens when they run out of expansion space and want to build new attractions?

Which is something that is happening awfully fast at USF after Fallon, F&F and Nintendo. Sure they still have Fear Factor and can probably add something in Hollywood, but where else can something of any decent size go after these next big expansions/additions without replacing things? Going into the TM parking lot is a slight possibility, but eventually they will run out of land. I suppose that the concert yard is a potential expansion area as well if the park gets to that point, but I have to think Uni would hate to lose that Stage.

IOa still has a lot of space to be renovated to either be brought up to date or be changed to something better (along with a few expansion pads), however again, once everything is filled, there's only so much you can do with two parks that are packed with attractions. A Third park will eventually be needed.

BINGO! That's my concern as well. They could keep things busy for the next decade before they have everything replaced that needs it and everything in the park virtually "brand new." By then, Mummy would be 20 years old and you'd have some other attractions that would be reaching the age they could be replaced as well...but all in all, the park would be full of quality attractions that don't necessarily need replacing, with no room to expand anywhere else.

I feel a third park is going to be needed in 10-15 years if growth continues like it has been. For the time being, I have no issues with them gobbling up a chunk of land for future third park development when it becomes available and keeping their focus on perfecting/completing their current resort. I can't imagine what it's going to look like in 10 years time!

Hey I have a few inside sources at universal and they said that the wave pool is going to be like no other in the world. Like new tech and size and everything is changing for the Wave Pool.

Wasn't there a permit a long time ago on the Wave pool and that it'd use something truly groundbreaking? Correct me if i'm wrong there.

Yeah, I thought there was a mention of multiple wave pockets and stuff like that. Then we have the old patent for glowing sand... which seems silly considering the bright sun of Florida.

Does anyone think guests are going to carry their tubes around to go down the slides? Or do they have something state of the art that will end that hassle. It's the biggest pit falls for the Disney water parks IMO.

Does anyone think guests are going to carry their tubes around to go down the slides? Or do they have something state of the art that will end that hassle. It's the biggest pit falls for the Disney water parks IMO.

It's the biggest pitfall for any water park. Hot concrete on your bare feet and carrying up those stupid tubes up a bunch of stairs. But quite a few water parks have the conveyor belt that sends the tubes to the top so I'm sure they'll have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.