Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then wait to announce it until your confident enough to say actual things about it instead of treating it like a meet and greet announcement

You do not, as they say, "blow your load" all at once. You strategically reveal things as time goes on and/or as it becomes advantageous.

Awesome name, awesome concept, terrible announcement. I don't know if I'm just spoiled from kongs release of info but this is a brand new park we are talking about here and they treated it like it was nothing. I wish they did a big webcast with kong and this, universal seriously needs a swift kick in the ass when it comes to social media because this was just disappointing

Unuiversal is shy. No brag, just facts. LOL

So, a shot-in-the-dark prediction:

The park, as Teebin has said, will be open at night. As the sun goes down, the volcano will erupt as it does during the day, but this time it will be more powerful/violent. As the geyser erupts, this time it's "lava", not water. As it cascades down the mountain, it turns all the water in the park to "lava" (done with LED lighting and stuff like that). At this time the park's background music and effects change to match the new "dangerous" setting

I get so excited watching just one attraction get built from the ground up, but to see a waterpark being built will be awesome! Hope we have a lot of helicopter rides in the future :) I will chip in to support that!

Im more than up to job, should well imagine a trip in "da choppa" will be on my list of things to do future trips :sneaky:

Ooops! Big clarification. I do not know if the park will be open at night at all. Hell, I didn't know about the waterfalls or viewing deck until today! At this point, I am sitting here just like all of you guessing and wondering. The lit water was something I have been dreaming about, but only from the top... I have no actual knowledge of what the volcano will do at night.

This was a picture I sent to a "friend" months ago dreaming of such eruptions from the top.

lima-water-show-fountains-spray-red.jpg

I guess this will just be that south seas/tiki theme right? Like no real IP's or anything....I dont get that vibe

I guess this will just be that south seas/tiki theme right? Like no real IP's or anything....I dont get that vibe
They didn't really hint about any IPs and tbh, I wouldn't wast the time investing IPs into a water park unless this whole plan of it being a "hybrid" park turns out to be really successful and it blows water park attendance records out of the water.

But even if it were to prove itself to be more than the average water park, I like the idea of something completely original at Universal.

The volcano looks significantly smaller than I expected. I remember people throwing around a 200 foot height...but this thing only looks to be about 70 feet tall. And where's all the slide artwork? I see a pool and a volcano and a few smaller slides on the side, but no real major looking attractions.

Idk...right now this looks good, but about the same as Typhoon Lagoon to me. I wanna see more.

The volcano looks significantly smaller than I expected. I remember people throwing around a 200 foot height...but this thing only looks to be about 70 feet tall. And where's all the slide artwork? I see a pool and a volcano and a few smaller slides on the side, but no real major looking attractions.

Idk...right now this looks good, but about the same as Typhoon Lagoon to me. I wanna see more.

i too was thinking of a 200 ft volcano like this:

image006.jpg

but now that i look at it, the 200' mark is the tip top of the piece that juts straight up like a spire.

The artwork shows the park at twilight. At summer that happens late and it will be dark within 20 minutes. You can see light poles (themed) at the right. So it would be possible.
If they would use Multi coloured leds they could make a lava effect with reds and yellow floating down with the water.
Add the easter Island statues and I can immagine a show that starts with rumbling and a huge eruption introducing the angry gods and with the use of the lights and maybe characters the defeath of the gods transforming the vulcano in multicolourd lights and more. After that 20 minute show you can have live music or a DJ build up the party.

It's literally the first piece of art work.

Also it's meant to give you an overview of the feel/look, not the final size. If it was, like 25 people would fill the wave pool.

If you use one of the people on the top deck in the artwork as a reference (and say the guy in blue shorts is about 6 feet tall), I think it looks like about a 200 foot tall structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.