Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the more important metrics are they're aiming for 17k a day and 1.2 million guests a year, which is basically the same as WNW drew.
Good point. Also, VB should have much stronger demographics and guest spending. And I would guess the admission prices will be significantly higher.

The South one is JP/Kong/Jaws, correct?
flip it. south is spiderman seuss and et

it also annoyed me that they had 2 sections representing one park and 1 for the other in each garage. Could have just swapped JP and ET and had the north as the "Studio garage" and the south as the "islands garage". And now with Kong opening in islands that park has 4 sections. It all doesn't matter but just irks my sense of OCD.

I think the more important metrics are they're aiming for 17k a day and 1.2 million guests a year, which is basically the same as WNW drew.
I'm sure they'll draw 1.2 million people the first year. If this park is as good as everyone is claiming it will be, I'm sure it'll pull closer to 2 million annually.

So, we haven't heard anything since the curious leaning steel thing went up. Has any other steel risen at VB? I wish there was a live web cam up on this project.
I went by there three days ago and hasn't noticed any change. I'll have to check it out again on Thursday...hopefully more to see!

From this morning:

image.jpg

Curious, what is the reason for that one vertical piece? Does it have something to do with the pump infrastructure?

I've had a quick look at construction photos of blizzard beach as I assume universal will use a similar construction method with the volcano having rides in it similar to the mountain at blizzard beach.

spgspg837992.jpg

I can't find anything old enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.