Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some photos from nearmap.

lKsG0jj.jpg

9PPsP7s.jpg
TUBNTkw.jpg

hYYQ2vg.jpg

edit:
5C0KAUr.jpg

Also looks like some work has begun on the tram/bus drop off point from the car parks too.

Double edit:
m5aKa2f.jpg

At the car park next to Wet n Wild.

Last edited:
It would be pretty cool if they built in a ton of channels/conveyer belts into the volcano...I'm assuming there will be a lot of room inside there, so why not have tubes just jet out to their respective slide.

Hey guys,

got a chance to drive up this weekend for a visit and turns out my room (terrible yes wont discuss here lol) had a great view of the construction site at Volcano Bay/Cabana site. The noise was quite loud from the site at this particular hotel. This video is from Saturday morning. Apologize for the quality aside from being across i4 i was using a mobile phone.

Thanks BriMan for the authorization to post lol

Hey guys,

got a chance to drive up this weekend for a visit and turns out my room (terrible yes wont discuss here lol) had a great view of the construction site at Volcano Bay/Cabana site. The noise was quite loud from the site at this particular hotel. This video is from Saturday morning. Apologize for the quality aside from being across i4 i was using a mobile phone.

Thanks BriMan for the authorization to post lol

Once it's built, that will be a great view.

The quality is pretty good considering it was from a phone too.

Once it's built, that will be a great view.

The quality is pretty good considering it was from a phone too.
Thank you sir! And yes an amazing view although I would love if Comcast gobbled up that entire hotel property it is very very poor and would not recommend anyone to stay there

Overall management is Universal Creative. They have numerous persons assigned to each of those positions. Each external contractor will have their own project managers. Concrete, Steel, Slides, Lanscaping, Theming and concrete for that. It goes on and on. Top of the heap is UC.

Last edited:
So UC is subcontracting all the work themselves? They got Balfour Beatty to perform CM/PM for Sapphire Falls

Sort of... it's a complicated story. Who is Balfour Beatty and who is he working for? I don't know if UC has anything to do with Hotels. I can only tell you that Mike West is king on Kong. Everyone answers to him about all progress and problems. He probably answers to MW. I don't know who they have overseeing VB. There are dozens of them in Orlando and they are all paid very well as they know the details of many different professions.

Sort of... it's a complicated story. Who is Balfour Beatty and who is he working for? I don't know if UC has anything to do with Hotels. I can only tell you that Mike West is king on Kong. Everyone answers to him about all progress and problems. He probably answers to MW. I don't know who they have overseeing VB. There are dozens of them in Orlando and they are all paid very well as they know the details of many different professions.
Home | Balfour Beatty US

With the hotels, is that actually a universal project or is it a Loews project? Not sure how that relationship works, but that could be the difference.

With the hotels, is that actually a universal project or is it a Loews project? Not sure how that relationship works, but that could be the difference.
Universal builds, Loews operates from my understanding.

Of course they build to Loews' standard, so some parts of the project could be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.