Volcano Bay Expansion? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm interested to see what they could fit in the expansion space. The area isn't huge, but I could see them being able to fit in another couple slides and possibly a dining location.

(Full-service restaurant please)

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm excited for the near future of Universal. I have a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old, so all these expansions and updates are coming at the perfect time.

Question for anyone that's taken littles to VB, is there much to do for them? I know there is Runnamukka and Tot Tikki Reef. Would be it better for us to make it a half day park?

I'm excited for the near future of Universal. I have a 2.5 year old and a 6 month old, so all these expansions and updates are coming at the perfect time.

Question for anyone that's taken littles to VB, is there much to do for them? I know there is Runnamukka and Tot Tikki Reef. Would be it better for us to make it a half day park?
My daughter was 3 on her first visit so in addition to what you listed we did the lazy River, the wave pool, and the volcano walkthroughs multiple times. We managed to fill out a day while taking turns doing some of the bigger slides ourselves (which was manageable thanks to Tapu Tapu). We spent the whole day, but that might just be us.

If your 2.5yo kid is fine just being in a pool all day it’s an all day park. 6 months? Far too young, I’d think, but can go to hotel for a nap or get a cabana maybe.

While the lazy River and runamaka are really all they can do- runamaka is flippin awesome. Makes me wish I was under 48”

That's what I was thinking. Future development would require additional space they don't currently have for a pond expansion. It's a pretty big pond nowhere near filling up, but wouldn't surprise me after last year that Orlando became a bit more serious with flooding concerns.

Back to VB, I would not be shocked to see park reservations implemented once Epic's hotel capacity opens unless some major work is done. I can't see Universal lock out their onsite hotel guests and let offsite guests show up and get turned away.
This was taken into account on the updated plan I did.

The pond (Sizes) they have now account for all they need for the entire final buildout , where the ponds are located can change as long as they total the same area/capacity.

If you look close I modified the pond, took into account flooding since that's on the extended flood plain.

Reactions: Tbad556
This was taken into account on the updated plan I did.

The pond (Sizes) they have now account for all they need for the entire final buildout , where the ponds are located can change as long as they total the same area/capacity.

If you look close I modified the pond, took into account flooding since that's on the extended flood plain.

Well aware, not saying it's impossible... but there's more concern for flooding after the storms last year compared to August 2022 lol

Well aware, not saying it's impossible... but there's more concern for flooding after the storms last year compared to August 2022 lol
They're not going to allocate more than what they have when everything is well over capacity.

There was a lot of hyperbole surrounding what happened at the north campus last year when the flood plain acted exactly as it should despite the large volumes of water