Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Food & Drink Discussion

There's a recent amount of regular theme park food (chicken + ribs...), but quite a bit of out-there food. I wonder if the stereotype of "theme park food" will change in the coming years

From the Orlando Sentinel in regards to food prices and future menu

Prices for food items have not been settled, but expect them to be in the “moderate theme park range,” Florell said. Universal is also considering ways to have food delivered within the attraction and may add breakfast items going forward.

I wonder what they mean by this, like have it float to you by canoe while relaxing on the lazy river?

I'd guess it's just delivery to cabanas and lounge chairs.

I thought that in the beginning until I rewatched the video with Ric explaining the food choices and he says quote:

...Its all about the experience though, that what part is our experience. For the food group. its all about the senses, all of the senses. We don't want you here just to eat, we want you to be able to enjoy unbelievable cuisine and unique pieces. We want you to enjoy incredible new restaurants and locations to get your food and new ways to get food to you. We want the food service piece to be the huge piece of the experience, and not only a huge piece of the experience but for us in particular we want it to be the exclamation mark to the experience. Its not going to be a separate thing because its totally integrated because you are going to spend a lot of time at Volcano Bay....(60 dishes blah blah blah)....I want to go back to this experience again because it isn't just getting food is the overall experience. Think back to what we've done when I talk about we put the same effort and passion into developing this as we did the WWOHP. Imagine walking around and not having a butter beer because you're going to be able to experience the incredible experience.

He then talks about toothsome and characters they developed to create world class dining. I think maybe I reached with the canoes but I think there may be some unique presentation and characters involved when it comes to dining here.

I thought that in the beginning until I rewatched the video with Ric explaining the food choices and he says quote:

He then talks about toothsome and characters they developed to create world class dining. I think maybe I reached with the canoes but I think there may be some unique presentation and characters involved when it comes to dining here.
Maybe they will have the CBBR assistant expand the range and find your TapuTapu with your order. Would be a triumph

DAjpU1dXkAAABA-.jpg

DAjpU1hWAAA6iDP.jpg
DAjpU1gXUAEgcLC.jpg
DAjpU1eXkAAB30f.jpg