Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This might be a stupid suggestion, but what are the chances that the expansion pad will have slides that don’t use the virtual queue? The lines in the park seem to be better now, but they’re still pretty long.

Just judging by what @Tyc00n96 described, probably not. He said concrete rectangles, which are nowhere to be found in that image.
Yeah those arent them. They also had a area with giant red/yellow cue ball looking objects. I have zero idea what that was either.

EDIT: this is a crude drawing but the curved line is the fence, the three dots are the rectangles and the other box up top is the cue balls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-132021_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-132021_Maps.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Yeah those arent them. They also had a area with giant red/yellow cue ball looking objects. I have zero idea what that was either.

EDIT: this is a crude drawing but the curved line is the fence, the three dots are the rectangles and the other box up top is the cue balls

Hmmmm, that's really interesting. I guess they aren't using the whole plot?

custom-complex-turbo-mammoth-speed-slide-oct-maya-shanghai-china-red-front.jpg

Hybrid-HM-MAMMOTH-TORNADO-60_Everland-Caribbean-Bay_4267e.jpg

I'd say these two options are most likely for the expansion, but it also depends on what will go into the second water-park. They don't want to waste all their options here.

That'd be.... interesting :surprised:

It's been talked about as an expansion since before the park opened. Hopefully we get a nice big one...but the park also needs more slides than that. Maybe some regular style body slides...more tube slides, something similar to good old Disco H20...the more the better.

(Love the theming in Yas Waterworld...I wish Universal themed their slide supports and staircases as much as they did!)

Reactions: Scott W.
It's been talked about as an expansion since before the park opened. Hopefully we get a nice big one...but the park also needs more slides than that. Maybe some regular style body slides...more tube slides, something similar to good old Disco H20...the more the better.

(Love the theming in Yas Waterworld...I wish Universal themed their slide supports and staircases as much as they did!)
I can't imagine the back of the volcano looked as good in real life as it did on paper

My friends asked if VB was finished when we drove past it haha

Reactions: adjjb and Cheezbat
Has anyone here booked a Cabana for a party of 7 before? We've got a group of 7 going next year and would quite like to book one but it seems a waste of money for a potential jump of $300 from a 6-person to a 16-person cabana.

Also I'd hate to think a larger group were missing out on a cabana whilst we had nine empty seats. Do you think Universal would accommodate a group of 7 into a 6 for an extra fee?

Has anyone here booked a Cabana for a party of 7 before? We've got a group of 7 going next year and would quite like to book one but it seems a waste of money for a potential jump of $300 from a 6-person to a 16-person cabana.

Also I'd hate to think a larger group were missing out on a cabana whilst we had nine empty seats. Do you think Universal would accommodate a group of 7 into a 6 for an extra fee?
I would book it for six and then have the seventh stop by for lunch

Looking at the T&Cs, I don't think there's anything to stop you having 7 people in the cabana. The 7th guest won't have a seat but it's not really a big deal.

Looking at the T&Cs, I don't think there's anything to stop you having 7 people in the cabana. The 7th guest won't have a seat but it's not really a big deal.

That's cool, we weren't planning on sitting around for too long anyway - more to use the area as a base for everyone. Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: Coasted
That's cool, we weren't planning on sitting around for too long anyway - more to use the area as a base for everyone. Thanks for the help guys.

I have no experience with the cabanas.

I would assume the only real issue could be the slide reservations.

I have heard you can book your rides from the cabana, so I would wonder if that would only work for six of you and any other guest might need to tap for a time at each slide.

I really do not know as I have no experience with the tablet that the cabanas use, but I could see how that might make the feature less useable.