Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I can't help but question why Volcano Bay has sat effectively unchanged for 5 years (unless we're counting the Mat Slide conversion and added food booths), when Aquatica, most regional waterparks, and (when it existed) Wet n Wild were/are on a "new slide every 1-3 years" kick

I can't help but question why Volcano Bay has sat effectively unchanged for 5 years (unless we're counting the Mat Slide conversion and added food booths), when Aquatica, most regional waterparks, and (when it existed) Wet n Wild were/are on a "new slide every 1-3 years" kick
Aquatica probably needs new slides to boost attendance while VB gets attendance just because it's at Universal, and benefits off new rides opening in the 2 main parks.

I’m curious if they’re also waiting till they relocate some of those offices behind the expansion area to Epic first?

This has been bugging the snot out of me too. I thought Volcano Bay was going to be different…especially when they were already talking about expansions shortly after opening. Instead, they seem to be taking the Disney approach…sit on your hands for a decade or so before doing ANYTHING. Terrible.

The park needs more to do. Yeah it’s a decent size, but they could add more and bring in more people daily. I thought Universal wanted the #1 waterpark in America…not #3.

This has been bugging the snot out of me too. I thought Volcano Bay was going to be different…especially when they were already talking about expansions shortly after opening. Instead, they seem to be taking the Disney approach…sit on your hands for a decade or so before doing ANYTHING. Terrible.

The park needs more to do. Yeah it’s a decent size, but they could add more and bring in more people daily. I thought Universal wanted the #1 waterpark in America…not #3.
"They" weren't talking about expansions shortly after opening, enthusiasts/fans were simply because it's obvious there's an expansion pad area. They also expected it to all work better than it did, and they had to play catch-up on fixing the technology and fixing the equipment before an expansion. As long as the park is full to capacity every day, why add to it? It's when it's not making capacity that it makes sense to add something.

An expansion was planned before the pandemic. I know it’s easy to forget the resort basically lost a year of progress, but they lost a year of progress.
The parks been open four years with one being during a pandemic where attendance vanished (and it closed for most of it).
Both good points. And at least one of the attractions they had planned was very cool. Would’ve been unique as far as US water parks go, but alas.

All I know is the permits said “tube slide” which isn’t very helpful lol.
Slides with tubes? What will they think of next!

Honestly, considering how cabans sell out like crazy and food lines get super long, makes sense they should add more cabanas and a new large food venue to the area.

Tube slide.......

TUBE.jpg

"They" weren't talking about expansions shortly after opening, enthusiasts/fans were simply because it's obvious there's an expansion pad area. They also expected it to all work better than it did, and they had to play catch-up on fixing the technology and fixing the equipment before an expansion. As long as the park is full to capacity every day, why add to it? It's when it's not making capacity that it makes sense to add something.
Bad argument.

Magic Kingdom is the busiest theme park in the world. Has been for well over a decade. Might as well never add anything ever.

It is BECAUSE they are at capacity that they need to add more. You want MORE people to come and make MORE money. Not to mention, the busier a place is, the less guest satisfaction.

They wanted the waterpark to be the best.