Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: Photos & Reviews

We arrived at around 10:30, got a reservation for the aquacoaster (said 90, waited 30), got a reservation for the two trapdoor slides (said 90, waited probably 25 minutes), got a reservation for tubes, (said 25, waited 20), then got a reservation for Puihi (said 30, waited about 35 because of down time) and rode Maku during this which said ride now, then got trapdoor slides again which said 165 minutes and waited actually about 35 minutes again.

Sounds like how it was intended. How'd you spend the waits and, more importantly, did you all feel like you lost time when the time jumped up? :)

Sounds like how it was intended. How'd you spend the waits and, more importantly, did you all feel like you lost time when the time jumped up? :)
We spent the waits eating, exploring, and going in the no wait pools/lazy rivers, I'm sure once those caves in the volcano open up and all the tapu interactive points are finished there will be even more to do.

When the time jumped up (only happened on puihi or whatever) we didn't feel like we lost time because we went on Maku (ride now) during that time, I'm sure if we didn't ride Maku we would probably have a feeling of slight dissapointment

There's a lot of sand where there shouldn't be sand. IDK why this is, but hopefully it's a side-effect of on-going finishing construction.
1f1.jpg

trying to figure my phone out a bit, if this works, I dig this bamboo. Also, notice the wood retaining wall to keep the hills from flowing into the river as someone mentioned that was how the river had gotten sorry that first day.

WP_20170606_11_43_14_Raw(1).jpg

I'm assuming this is the right thread for this post, not my photo's, just Bioreconstruct's but thought they were pretty clear and worth posting:

Last edited by a moderator:
My family really did have a great time at VB! I really hadn't intended to go to VB on our first day up, but the family just had to see this park!

We had reserved seats for our 2nd day. We bought reserved seats before the park had opened. Since we had to call in, we figured we would book one day in the week my daughter got out of school (which was this trip) and one day at the end of June (as we need to be in Orlando at the beginning of July, but we are blocked out for July. No clue what they were talking about when they gave us 'area' choices. The 'rain forest' area sounded like what I wanted for this trip, so that is what we got.

Man, did this confuse the new staff...see my order had two days on it that are like three weeks apart. When we got to the park, we went to the place where they rent cabanas, reserved seats, and rent towels. After a while, the poor came back looking confused, this fear that another customer was going to jump all over her....'you reserved two seats?' ...me 'well one for today'...she looked relieved!

Lock box is cool, those tops are a 20 oz soda bottle and a water bottel, it was perfect for our needs:

34779548160_02f038ae14_b.jpg

Our seats where in front of the entrance to the Action River...'action river'...you guys, I know what you're thinking...I was trying to take a pic of the smoke. (oh, there are these covers along the walkways that say 'kool fog' on them)

35166005555_15dd319f98_b.jpg

35166029735_ce5cd25f87_b.jpg

I guess I am getting old, I just sort of dig checking out the details

34779996200_bf48415410_b.jpg

34356886373_81766aa2ca_b.jpg

34780034510_578f26e991_b.jpg

the good life

34356969663_c4943cbbd7_b.jpg

The Bobcat beeped when backing as it was bringing in more greenery, but we were there for the early entry and I didn't notice it for long...maybe it was when the rum started coming

35035867831_cddfbf6335_b.jpg

and they were working on some cabanas, but I was on vacation and I didn't care!

34780187710_6059b10683_b.jpg

I think this will look great soon enough

34780228470_bcbc6e5aaa_b.jpg

35035986271_3682168b92_b.jpg

There is some ugly, but I kind of dig seeing it

34780328910_8f119c6d34_b.jpg

35166772655_cb8e27373e_b.jpg

35126779046_45d879a3c2_b.jpg

Last edited:
last run of pics tonight I promise...all in all we had a good time, there are some kinks, but I love this park already.

Crazy odd stuff though. My daughter came out of the rest room, they are by the lockers and there is an attendant there. I asked my daughter (loud enough for the attendant to hear) if she had soap in her restroom, I mean, the guys one didn't seem to have any and this was the 2nd day I had experienced that....the next time I went in to use the facilities, I noticed a red blinking light on the soap sensors that i had never noticed before...and suddenly I had soap coming out of the dispenser this time.

Wind chimes in one of the queues (as seen from the action river)

35002277332_72410f8bd6_b.jpg

35167286135_80519d61e1_b.jpg

35127277206_f2f95c3aa0_b.jpg

34357714403_ebecf7f122_b.jpg

35167279835_bb5164ed8b_b.jpg

35127261596_415bf17447_b.jpg

35036515001_9a9323d197_b.jpg

Hey guys. I've been a longtime reader here and thought I'd give a review for my first post.

First I have to say, I stayed at Cabana Bay and that made life extremely enjoyable. Maybe a 3 or 4 minute stroll and you are standing in the park. I would highly recommend staying here if you're planning a trip.

I didn't get into the park until Friday afternoon, probably around 4 or 5. Some of the slides were already full. The aqua coaster was at 200 minutes so I skipped that. Taniwha Tubes were at 20 so I punched in on those and grabbed a Volcano Blossom (which was the best beer I've had in a while) and took a walk around. Even with this place unfinished, it is still a very beautiful park. Something to see everywhere you look. TapuTapu went off and I walked right to the loading area, no line. It was a fun little slide. Nothing spectacular. Then I decided to check out the lazy rivers. I was quite partial to the slow one. Both are fun though. At the end of the day I stopped by the entrance to the Ko'okiri body plunge to ask about the weight limits on them. He confirmed that the plunge is 300 and the serpentine ones are 200. As I thanked him and was walking away he asked if I would like to try Ko'okiri. I said sure, but the sign says "ride full." He said so what. So I tapped my TapuTapu and he over rode whatever message he got and let me on. The TMs here are all extremely nice and helpful. I didn't meet an unpleasant one the whole weekend.

Saturday morning. Short and sweet description. Rope dropped and did every slide including aqua coaster by 11:00. Actually did Honu, Puihi and aqua coaster twice. Never really felt rushed in doing it that way. Just walked around the park counter clockwise. That even includes a couple of pit stops for beer. Most of the rides stayed on the "ride now" status until around 10 or so. A storm blew in Saturday afternoon and they cleared all the slides and rivers so I just left since I had done everything.

Came back one last time Sunday morning just after rope drop and did the aqua coaster, drop slides, body plunge, Honu and Puihi in just a matter of 2 hours maybe.

It's no big secret, if you want to get most everything done in a day, getting there early is a must. If you just want to hit a couple of slides, lounge in the lazy river and hit up the bars, show up anytime. But I have to reiterate, I HIGHLY recommend Cabana Bay if you are doing this park. It makes life so easy.

A couple more things. The food that I had here exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend their food enough. Also, make sure you try the Volcano Blossom, excellent beer. TapuTapu worked flawlessly during the whole time I was there. Very easy to use to pay. Even with them still trying to work the kinks out of this park, it still was a lot nicer and more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be.

Hey guys. I've been a longtime reader here and thought I'd give a review for my first post.

First I have to say, I stayed at Cabana Bay and that made life extremely enjoyable. Maybe a 3 or 4 minute stroll and you are standing in the park. I would highly recommend staying here if you're planning a trip.

I didn't get into the park until Friday afternoon, probably around 4 or 5. Some of the slides were already full. The aqua coaster was at 200 minutes so I skipped that. Taniwha Tubes were at 20 so I punched in on those and grabbed a Volcano Blossom (which was the best beer I've had in a while) and took a walk around. Even with this place unfinished, it is still a very beautiful park. Something to see everywhere you look. TapuTapu went off and I walked right to the loading area, no line. It was a fun little slide. Nothing spectacular. Then I decided to check out the lazy rivers. I was quite partial to the slow one. Both are fun though. At the end of the day I stopped by the entrance to the Ko'okiri body plunge to ask about the weight limits on them. He confirmed that the plunge is 300 and the serpentine ones are 200. As I thanked him and was walking away he asked if I would like to try Ko'okiri. I said sure, but the sign says "ride full." He said so what. So I tapped my TapuTapu and he over rode whatever message he got and let me on. The TMs here are all extremely nice and helpful. I didn't meet an unpleasant one the whole weekend.

Saturday morning. Short and sweet description. Rope dropped and did every slide including aqua coaster by 11:00. Actually did Honu, Puihi and aqua coaster twice. Never really felt rushed in doing it that way. Just walked around the park counter clockwise. That even includes a couple of pit stops for beer. Most of the rides stayed on the "ride now" status until around 10 or so. A storm blew in Saturday afternoon and they cleared all the slides and rivers so I just left since I had done everything.

Came back one last time Sunday morning just after rope drop and did the aqua coaster, drop slides, body plunge, Honu and Puihi in just a matter of 2 hours maybe.

It's no big secret, if you want to get most everything done in a day, getting there early is a must. If you just want to hit a couple of slides, lounge in the lazy river and hit up the bars, show up anytime. But I have to reiterate, I HIGHLY recommend Cabana Bay if you are doing this park. It makes life so easy.

A couple more things. The food that I had here exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend their food enough. Also, make sure you try the Volcano Blossom, excellent beer. TapuTapu worked flawlessly during the whole time I was there. Very easy to use to pay. Even with them still trying to work the kinks out of this park, it still was a lot nicer and more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be.
Nice review. :thumbsup:...And a hearty welcome to the IU Forums. :cheers:

Nice review! Where were you in CBBR? The new towers are close, but i wonder if the "motor court" rooms are a hassle.

But, yep. Have a plan and it is easy to do. Pretty much like any theme park.

I wonder how strict that 200 is. I mean, If I show up and Im 205, do they turn you away?

Nice review! Where were you in CBBR? The new towers are close, but i wonder if the "motor court" rooms are a hassle.

But, yep. Have a plan and it is easy to do. Pretty much like any theme park.

I stayed in the Bayside Tower. But anywhere in CBBR would be fine. Just being able to avoid the bus is the main thing.

I wonder how strict that 200 is. I mean, If I show up and Im 205, do they turn you away?

I'm 208 and was turned away on 2 separate occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was a great review. Its heartening to know that its still doable if you get there early. Are the lines to get food still long?

that was a great review. Its heartening to know that its still doable if you get there early. Are the lines to get food still long?

Ate lunch at Bambu around 11:15 and didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes or so. Then ate at Kohola Reef around 5 or 6 and probably waited 5 or 10 minutes. I never saw any terrible lines at the restaurants. The bars on the other hand, those lines could be hefty at times.