Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wait Times

Sep 2, 2012
On this Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 10:00am.....

Slinky - 165 min
MF - 150 min
RRC - 140 min
ToT - 120 min
TSM - 120 min

Ridiculous!

I was lucky to take advantage of the EMH when galaxy's edge opened. Got all those rides multiple times between 6 - 9 am. Sadly Rise has made this impossible.

Word of mouth about ROTR has seemingly made things even worse. Feel lucky to have been part of the "craziness" of the first few days when.. it wasn't really all that crazy.

When I go in May....I'm hoping to secure a FP for MMRR & whatever else I can get for that day......but I'll be staying away from this park until next year after that.

Those lines are crazy. Someone else can probably speak more accurately with real numbers but ever since FP+ came around it seems like lines have doubled in wait times across the board. They are giving out far too many per hour.

Even on IG posts and stories, I've noticed more casual use of the word "crowded" by friends visiting Disney parks than usual.. then showing long lines at Epcot festival booths and even Black Spire Outpost in Batuu (although.. it didn't look "crowded" to me but that's subjective, of course).

As expected, the implementation of FP+ on Smugglers Run has doubled the stand by line times. What a terrible system FP+ is. SR lines were doable before FP, even on crowded DHS days. Disney should have let it be........and yes, looking at Touring Plans, all of WDW has had long attraction stand by lines the past two months, with holiday level stand by times. I'm wondering if Disney cut staffing and attraction capacity like they did the last couple of years in Jan. & Feb. , or is it really record winter crowds.

Last edited:
10:00 am today....

Studios:

Slinky - 180
MF - 165
RRC - 140
ToT - 140
TSMM - 120
ST - 75
ASS - 60

As expected, the implementation of FP+ on Smugglers Run has doubled the stand by line times. What a terrible system FP+ is. SR lines were doable before FP, even on crowded DHS days. Disney should have let it be........and yes, looking at Touring Plans, all of WDW has had long attraction stand by lines the past two months, with holiday level stand by times. I'm wondering if Disney cut staffing and attraction capacity like they did the last couple of years in Jan. & Feb. , or is it really record winter crowds.

Record crowds, people delaying their vacations for SWL and the cheap $175 for 3 days Florida resident ticket.

I was able to ride MFSR before FP+ and it was glorious. Yeah it was 45-60 but that sure as hell beats 120! And that line moved! It felt like we hardly ever just stood still.

I’m to the point where I would welcome a system that gives everyone only like 3 FPs a day period. Maybe that would cut down on lines.

FP was supposed to cut down on wait times and it has absolutely had the total opposite effect. And the lines are brutal all rides. Haunted Mansion, pirates, spaceship earth are rides that don’t need FP.

I’m willing to bet we could get more rides in in a single day without FP+ then with it.

I was able to ride MFSR before FP+ and it was glorious. Yeah it was 45-60 but that sure as hell beats 120! And that line moved! It felt like we hardly ever just stood still.

I’m to the point where I would welcome a system that gives everyone only like 3 FPs a day period. Maybe that would cut down on lines.

FP was supposed to cut down on wait times and it has absolutely had the total opposite effect. And the lines are brutal all rides. Haunted Mansion, pirates, spaceship earth are rides that don’t need FP.

I’m willing to bet we could get more rides in in a single day without FP+ then with it.
Example: No FP+ during Mickey's Christmas Party at MK. Lines are very reasonable,and you can hit just about every D/E ticket, except 7 Dwarfs, with pretty short wait times. And even 7 Dwarfs, is only about 30 -40 minutes, which is way better than a regular day.

My first trip to WDW in 3 years next week and boy does this thread make me wish it was HHN time at Uni already...

I knew it was busier nowadays but this fills me with dread!