Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We missed it all 4 days we were in the park.

Day 1: we arrived at 2:30, so it was already packed (didn’t realize they lied about wait times in the app)
Day 2: rope drop, ride was closed. Didn’t open until like 1:00 or something and we were heading to US around 2 for some rides then stay and scream.
Day 3: I think that was Bee day. Inconsistent and bizarre all day.
Day 4: our last day, we needed to leave by 1 and we didn’t want to burn our whole final day in line.

Disappointed, but we knew it could go that way so not surprising.

Disregard everything I said. Just been on its worth an indefinite wait. Easily the best ride I’ve been on.

Edit: only downside ... it was over far too quick.

got on again, gavee a little girl the bike seat, who’d been waiting all day and was a big HP fan, as I’d got it before, she absolutely loved it and it made everything worth it. What an experience.

Last edited:
Disregard everything I said. Just been on its worth an indefinite wait. Easily the best ride I’ve been on.

Edit: only downside ... it was over far too quick.

got on again, gavee a little girl the bike seat, who’d been waiting all day and was a big HP fan, as I’d got it before, she absolutely loved it and it made everything worth it. What an experience.

That is the afterglow talking. I waited 2 hours and that is my limit. It is a good ride but not worth indefinite wait.

Reactions: FatalBubbles
That is the afterglow talking. I waited 2 hours and that is my limit. It is a good ride but not worth indefinite wait.

I was stuck in a 2.5 hour wait yesterday and didn’t ride. I stood outside the entrance today until it opened and finally rode. I berated the ride all of today.. I finally got to ride and I’m saying that it was worth it. How is that “afterglow”

bite me “sail with the tide”

Reactions: JoeCamel
Not sure what it’s like for everyone else, but I have noticed almost zero marketing for this ride. I’m not on social media really so I understand that may be a part of this, but in my area (Maine) I have generally noticed that universal ads play frequently enough to the point im aware they’re on frequently, cause well, I see them! I remember good marketing for VB. Idk, haven’t seen an ad for this since right before it opened. I have to think they’ve toned down the marketing because of the delays, I think thats the best they can do right now

Reactions: JoeCamel
Not sure what it’s like for everyone else, but I have noticed almost zero marketing for this ride. I’m not on social media really so I understand that may be a part of this, but in my area (Maine) I have generally noticed that universal ads play frequently enough to the point im aware they’re on frequently, cause well, I see them! I remember good marketing for VB. Idk, haven’t seen an ad for this since right before it opened. I have to think they’ve toned down the marketing because of the delays, I think thats the best they can do right now
I have seen a decent amount of ads however I live in Orlando. The most interesting ad I’ve seen for the ride was a tv commercial showing actual footage of the ride with riders giving testimonials of how it was “the best ride in the resort”. I’ve never really seen a commercial for a theme park like that. It had a local car dealership vibe in quality. It was rather unique, my guess is they were trying to play up the high praises of the ride from the locals.

I have seen a decent amount of ads however I live in Orlando. The most interesting ad I’ve seen for the ride was a tv commercial showing actual footage of the ride with riders giving testimonials of how it was “the best ride in the resort”. I’ve never really seen a commercial for a theme park like that. It had a local car dealership vibe in quality. It was rather unique, my guess is they were trying to play up the high praises of the ride from the locals.
They do that for every new ride, good or bad. I even saw this one on TV when it came out, split up into 30 sec variations.

Different strokes 'eh?

I was stuck in a 2.5 hour wait yesterday and didn’t ride. I stood outside the entrance today until it opened and finally rode. I berated the ride all of today.. I finally got to ride and I’m saying that it was worth it. How is that “afterglow”

bite me “sail with the tide”

Easy with the bite me, its the internet and a theme park ride after all. I think it is the best since warm sliced bread myself but sail is allowed to disagree last time I checked. You are better than that, I'm glad you got a ride.

Waited about 90mins this morning from Sinbad. Posted was 120.

BUT. They ran us during a torrential downpour when they should have delayed a few mins. Neither my wife nor I could open our eyes during nearly the whole thing. 50mph in hard rain was not exactly fun

BUT. They ran us during a torrential downpour when they should have delayed a few mins. Neither my wife nor I could open our eyes during nearly the whole thing. 50mph in hard rain was not exactly fun

That sounds awesome!

I rode Big Bad Wolf front row at dusk at BGW, and we were pelted in the face and chest by bugs the entire time. It was super uncomfortable and one of my favorite theme park memories.

Reactions: Scott W.

Ultra jealous. My first ride on the dragons long ago was in a downpour. Great memories.

Sidebar, got to do Mako in a downpour earlier this year and I cannot recommend that enough. :grin:

Did the Phantoms Revenge at Kennywood a good number of times in rainstorms. My most memorable, and thrilling, rides.......and....they don't even charge you extra for the added thrill...........oops, hope Disney doesn't read this, they'll get another upcharge idea. ;):lol:

Did the Phantoms Revenge at Kennywood a good number of times in rainstorms. My most memorable, and thrilling, rides.......and....they don't even charge you extra for the added thrill...........oops, hope Disney doesn't read this, they'll get another upcharge idea. ;):lol:
Mine train in the rain just isn't the same feeling....

Reactions: truejonas