Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder what it costs to drag out a valleyed car from rocket? The crane has to be a minimum of $600 and the publicity is incalculable
The crane fee to lift the bus out of Downtown Pittsburgh's sinkhole last year was $88,000......Of course, since Universal has a few of those cranes on consignment most of the time, I'd guess their cost is just a fraction of that.

Rocket never opened today. Hope they work the cold bugs out. I know it was unusually windy today as well. So that could have something to do with it

Here in Pittsburgh they never run the coasters during the November/December Holiday openings at Kennywood due to the cold weather, even if it's in the 40's, 50's or 60's. Seems to me that it's acceptable for Universal to keep the tech heavy Hagrid's coaster closed for some hours during exceptionally cold weather.

What a bunch of whiners. Kings Island's Winterfest runs Mystic Timbers, even last year when it was around 30 degrees. Now, I will readily admit that we didn't ride it. I'm dumb but not plumb dumb. But I did see a lot of people in line to ride it. I rode Top Gun (now The Bat) when it opened and it was 38 degrees with sleet. Of course, those were days when I was more determined (or stupid) about riding coasters.

Last edited:
What a bunch of whiners. Kings Island's Winterfest runs Mystic Timbers, even last year when it was around 30 degrees. Now, I will readily admit that we didn't ride it. I'm dumb but not plumb dumb. But I did a lot of people in line to ride it. I rode Top Gun (now The Bat) when it opened and it was 38 degrees with sleet. Of course, those were days when I was more determined (or stupid) about riding coasters.
Does it sound crazy we are considering riding the water rides despite the cold weather. I mean I have to at least ride Jurassic Park!!!

Reactions: SkiBum
Closed as of 10:15 this morning...everything else appears to be operating.
As of 2pm....still closed.

Sorry, but this is just absurd. I've kind of been following the positive comments here lately, you know the ones that say it's up "90%" of the time...and that's just not the case. At least not this week.

Last edited:
Closed as of 10:15 this morning...everything else appears to be operating.
As of 2pm....still closed.

Sorry, but this is just absurd. I've kind of been following the positive comments here lately, you know the ones that say it's up "90%" of the time...and that's just not the case. At least not this week.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit concerned re: my trip in two weeks. Hagrid's has not appeared to open at all today. I get a cold spell, but the forecast has the weather at 65 degrees. The ride really can't manage that?

Yeah, I'm getting a bit concerned re: my trip in two weeks. Hagrid's has not appeared to open at all today. I get a cold spell, but the forecast has the weather at 65 degrees. The ride really can't manage that?

Something more serious is going on, no idea what. I’d worry about tomorrow but not this weekend or two weeks from now.

I mean, considering what happened when we were there, I'm not sure I'd worry about tomorrow all that much either. They seem to want to never have more than a day of downtime at most.

I just need to get on it once. Any more is gravy!

Based on Twitter, it sounds like people have been waiting inside the queue for hours without much communication. If a downtime is going to extend that long, I really think they ought to just dump the queue and issue the ruby passes.

I just need to get on it once. Any more is gravy!

Based on Twitter, it sounds like people have been waiting inside the queue for hours without much communication. If a downtime is going to extend that long, I really think they ought to just dump the queue and issue the ruby passes.
Uni ops gonna Uni ops.

4 hours before the park closes...
If I have the same experience you guys will never hear the end of it. I apologize in advance. I’ve delayed making this trip 3 times to wait until all the “bugs” were worked out. Hoping today was a day of progress. It’s not supposed to get really cold again until Sunday night. So here’s hoping Saturday with clear skies and 70s is the golden ticket. Wish me luck!