Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Got to the line around 1130, posted wait was 90, actual wait was 45. They were pulling groups out to test fit them. They also changed the boarding process so it was single file alternating bike and sidecar.

Got to the line around 1130, posted wait was 90, actual wait was 45. They were pulling groups out to test fit them. They also changed the boarding process so it was single file alternating bike and sidecar.
Yeah, that single file is a complete mess. They are splitting up families who get all confused, as a single rider they try to put me in sidecar even though I waited entire line, since the single line is hardly open. I just go where I want, they are not going to stop the train and hopefully eventually they go back to loading groups together like they should. Plus, they give no indication that your party will be broken up.

Alright got to ride today (yesterday by now but whatever)! First ride was front row on the motor bike side.

Got to the gate at 8 AM. Locked up my bag and entered the queue right after 9 AM (only lost 31 places in line). Delayed until about 9:40 AM. Was on by 9:50 AM and off.

Rope drop is definitely the way to go right now.

Alright got to ride today (yesterday by now but whatever)! First ride was front row on the motor bike side.

Got to the gate at 8 AM. Locked up my bag and entered the queue right after 9 AM (only lost 31 places in line). Delayed until about 9:40 AM. Was on by 9:50 AM and off.

And the ride was?? ;)

But it sounded like you waited 1hr 50mins? People above have said they waited as little as 45 minutes during the day. I think when I visit in December (and assuming Express isn't in place by then?!) ill use early admission at USF and then head over to IOA half hour or so after that park opens and hope my lucks in for a reasonable wait time.

Honestly if its opening with the park go late morning or around 12/1. I went on Tuesday around 1:00, posted a wartime of 100 mins, I was on in about 60. Really all went very smooth I thought. Once this things really gets going consistently should be a massive people eater.

Long time lurker and heading to USO for HHN and MK for MNSSHP next week!

Is the best plan of action to go at rope drop and hope it is not delayed? We are going Tuesday - Saturday and staying at the Aventura Hotel

I've been keeping an eye on the App and it looks like Hagrid's is going down in the early afternoon, roughly 3 - 4 eastern.
Is there anyway to know if the ride will open on time in the AM? Or, if they'll be running trains at night?

I saw another poster suggest that if the ride closes (or is "At Capacity") early the previous day, that they'll open on time. Is there any truth to that?

Yes! I feel that's what people are missing about trying to rope drop. Waiting outside the gate is still technically waiting in line.

It’s about opportunity cost. You’re waiting in line before anything else at IOA is available. If you can ride Hagrid within the first hour of park opening, then you can ride everything else in the park with little or no wait. If you don’t wait an hour before park opening, you’re not going to do a whole lot else at IOA that day.

And the ride is awesome. Well worth it.

If you don’t wait an hour before park opening, you’re not going to do a whole lot else at IOA that day.

Well that just doesn't seem to be the case. It looks like average wait times are 1-2hrs (probably why they close the line at 4:00 for a 5:00 shutdown).

So, if you get there at 9ish when the gates open, you'll be done by 11:00 at the latest. Still plenty of time to hit rides that tend to have 30 minute waits this time of the year.

Well that just doesn't seem to be the case. It looks like average wait times are 1-2hrs (probably why they close the line at 4:00 for a 5:00 shutdown).

So, if you get there at 9ish when the gates open, you'll be done by 11:00 at the latest. Still plenty of time to hit rides that tend to have 30 minute waits this time of the year.

That’s not guaranteed with its unreliability. Also crowds picked up around noon yesterday. We even tried to ride Hagrid through single rider again at 1:30 PM and it wasn’t operating.

Last edited: