Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

That’s not guaranteed with its unreliability. Also crowds picked up around noon yesterday. We even tried to ride Hagrid through singer rider again at 1:30 PM and it wasn’t operating.

That's what I'm saying though. As long as you get there relatively early, and don't try to hit it until late-morning/afternoon, you should be fine.

I've just been seeing people trying to be one of the first five on the ride (running to get there, even), and I'm just like..."Why? You're still waiting around, just at a different time."

Seems like too much pressure to put yourself through for very little benefit. Maybe it's just me though.

That's what I'm saying though. As long as you get there relatively early, and don't try to hit it until late-morning/afternoon, you should be fine.

I've just been seeing people trying to be one of the first five on the ride (running to get there, even), and I'm just like..."Why? You're still waiting around, just at a different time."

Seems like too much pressure to put yourself through for very little benefit. Maybe it's just me though.

I also think I’m making the assumption everyone’s trying to do everything at IOA and then get to HHN by 3:30 PM like we did. If you have the whole day at IOA, you’ll be fine getting there early in the morning.

When we got off, the sign did say it was at a 3 hour wait though.

I also think I’m making the assumption everyone’s trying to do everything at IOA and then get to HHN by 3:30 PM like we did. If you have the whole day at IOA, you’ll be fine getting there early in the morning.

When we got off, the sign did say it was at a 3 hour wait though.

Aw heck no. There's no way you could do all of Islands, and get to HHN early, haha.

I also feel like these wait times have been pretty inflated.

It’s about opportunity cost. You’re waiting in line before anything else at IOA is available. If you can ride Hagrid within the first hour of park opening, then you can ride everything else in the park with little or no wait. If you don’t wait an hour before park opening, you’re not going to do a whole lot else at IOA that day.

And the ride is awesome. Well worth it.
100% agree, plus on Monday there was no delay and I was off the ride at 9:05 am

In line at 1pm today with 120 minute wait posted. Got off the ride at 2pm.

First ride and got front row with the wife, hands down the best ride I've ever been on.

Wasnt sure whether to rope drop or go during the day, pleased I went with the option I did and had the morning and afternoon to do what I wanted.

First ride and got front row with the wife, hands down the best ride I've ever been on.

Wasnt sure whether to rope drop or go during the day, pleased I went with the option I did and had the morning and afternoon to do what I wanted.
Had such a similar experiences. 100 min wait time; waited about 50, front row with boyfriend, also best ride I’ve been on. Hagrid’s is really the best

Had such a similar experiences. 100 min wait time; waited about 50, front row with boyfriend, also best ride I’ve been on. Hagrid’s is really the best
My 5th or 6th ride but my girlfriends first and her return to the parks after many years. Front row, 60 minute wait and huge grins all around. I let her ride the bike as I had done it before. ;):whoo: and you should see the ride pic! Only one I have ever purchased :grin:- the camera angle is "interesting".:jawdrop:

This was worth the price of admission for my premier pass and hers for just one ride. I would do it again and just may next week.

Last edited:
Today I got in line for the park at 8:30, rode Hagrid twice in a row without waiting much. After that the wait was 120+ minutes for a few hours. Around noon it dipped to 85 minutes. Should have gotten in line then but I thought it might go down even more. At 1pm it was a 110 minute wait, only took 60 minutes for my third ride. Trying to decide if it's worth attempting one more time before it possibly closes for the day....

Today I got in line for the park at 8:30, rode Hagrid twice in a row without waiting much. After that the wait was 120+ minutes for a few hours. Around noon it dipped to 85 minutes. Should have gotten in line then but I thought it might go down even more. At 1pm it was a 110 minute wait, only took 60 minutes for my third ride. Trying to decide if it's worth attempting one more time before it possibly closes for the day....
Always worth it!

Yes! I feel that's what people are missing about trying to rope drop. Waiting outside the gate is still technically waiting in line.
As someone who was the very first one onto Hagrid's on Monday, I'll answer. I did Hagrid's, Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff x5 (kids) and Hulk x3 (kids) and left the park at 9:40am with a 9am open because we were leaving that day.

Try doing that in 40 minutes without being first in line and I'll give ya a grand.

Being ahead of everyone all day is quite a nice way to tour the parks if you don't have express.

And for bonus credit- Saturday at Volcano Bay we rode Krakatau 6 times in a row without getting off being the first ones on that as well.

Well, we did it ; ) . Don’t think it would have worked if we didn’t rope drop Hagrid.
What is it about people trying to argue what you can do when you've actually done it? @Mad Dog and I had someone trying to argue with us about something similar at MK.
Like... we've done it.
So if you haven't done it, don't presume to know what can or cannot be done based on your touring strategies. :lol:

As someone who was the very first one onto Hagrid's on Monday, I'll answer. I did Hagrid's, Forbidden Journey, Hippogriff x5 (kids) and Hulk x3 (kids) and left the park at 9:40am with a 9am open because we were leaving that day.

Try doing that in 40 minutes without being first in line and I'll give ya a grand.

Being ahead of everyone all day is quite a nice way to tour the parks if you don't have express.

And for bonus credit- Saturday at Volcano Bay we rode Krakatau 6 times in a row without getting off being the first ones on that as well.

What is it about people trying to argue what you can do when you've actually done it? @Mad Dog and I had someone trying to argue with us about something similar at MK.
Like... we've done it.
So if you haven't done it, don't presume to know what can or cannot be done based on your touring strategies. :lol:
:thumbsup:

I wasn’t doubting. Just agreeing that no one would be able to do that without some ridiculous amount of planning.

Hagrid's was open late tonight (Saturday). We rode earlier in the afternoon because I told my family they had been closing the ride early and they just had to deal with the wait. Got in line at 1:05 with a 120 minute wait posted and were off by 2:15. We ended up getting in line a second time at 7pm with a 90 minute wait posted and were off at 7:50. When we exited, the line was still open.

Also hands down best ride I have been on. I don't think I have seen my entire family have such fun on a ride.

Looks like Hagrid's opened with the park this morning (at least according to Touring Plans app) . That's after operating late yesterday. That's surely a good sign that they might be getting a good handle on the technical and operational issues.