Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

A TM should definitely not be giving a hard timeframe delay. That's just going to anger people more when the ride doesn't open in that timeframe. Really poor decision there.
To be fair, "possible 3-4 hours, but we don't know" was the verbiage used -- anyone gets upset off that is out of bounds imo.

Hopefully yesterday's outage and today's extended outage means they're doing some significant fixes to stabilize it ahead of Spring Break crowds that will be coming up (my own trip less than 3 weeks away)......

I feel like it's at the point where they need to just shut the thing down and bring someone in to fix Intamin's mess.

Yep. Halt the nationwide ad campaign (I get ads all the time), close it for two or three weeks, compensate those who get screwed with prebookings, and just do the work to get this thing running more reliably.

Yep. Halt the nationwide ad campaign (I get ads all the time), close it for two or three weeks, compensate those who get screwed with prebookings, and just do the work to get this thing running more reliably.
I’ve actually been told that they have a solution that will allow the ride to run while they fix the big issues (drop tracks), and I think the last two days of closures might be them trying to get to the point they can implement it. It will reduce capacity in the short term, but hopefully they can run the ride while they fix the drops

I’ve actually been told that they have a solution that will allow the ride to run while they fix the big issues (drop tracks), and I think the last two days of closures might be them trying to get to the point they can implement it. It will reduce capacity in the short term, but hopefully they can run the ride while they fix the drops

So I'm guessing one track remains shuttered while they implement long-term fix, they run the ride at half-capacity, and then switch (continuing at half-capacity) until both are equipped and ready to go for the long haul?

So I'm guessing one track remains shuttered while they implement long-term fix, they run the ride at half-capacity, and then switch (continuing at half-capacity) until both are equipped and ready to go for the long haul?
More or less, but apparently they could run and slightly better than half capacity. Lets hope the rumor is true and they get to work.

Went to ride this tonight, got in line around 7pm. Posted wait was 180 mins, but the line didn't begin until a few switchbacks past the entrance arch, so I figured it was somewhat inflated since I'd waited less than 90 from that spot previously. From the start of the line until the pre-show, the line crawled at a painfully slow pace. Barely moved every 5 minutes. Once past the pre-show, the line moved considerably quicker, but still not as quickly as it usually does. In total I waited 2.5 hours, the longest I've waited for this ride. So they were definitely running on reduced capacity. Not sure how reduced, but it had to be somewhat significant. I wonder if this has anything to do with the ride being closed all day last Sunday. Still worth a 2.5 hour wait though, especially for a ride in the dark.

Small side note, but I'm hoping they eventually fix the skrewt blast and inside portion sightlines at night sometime soon. Those are really the only 2 things that detract from the experience, even though they're pretty minor.

I don't get why this and FOP both don't have virtual queues at this point. If the capacities are consistently reduced and the ride continues to experience downtimes, they should let people enjoy the rest of the park instead of standing in line for that long.

Virtual queues solve one set of problems but create a completely different set of problems. When suboptimal operation is a given, you choose what set of problems you want to live with.

Hagrids and FOP are both at a point where you can post 180 minutes and people are free to make an educated decision on whether they’re willing to invest that amount of time in getting to ride. Rise isn’t operating at a point where they can post a time other than ??? minutes. Or maybe ¯\_.(ツ)._/¯ minutes if they invested in a good enough sign.

Which, to be fair, after 2-3 months Hagrids was kind of in the same space but Universal chose to do what it took to get it in a better place faster.

Anyone know how consistently this has been running over the last week? Has it been opening with park open or any noted extended delays?

Also another question, does anyone know about the capacity at the moment? Over the last couple of days when checking the app, I've seen the wait times hovering around the 60 minute mark. My first thought is that the park is dead crowd-wise, but I'm seeing Forbidden Journey and Kong also hovering around 50-60 minutes.

Perhaps they have fixed some things for more reliable capacity?

Also another question, does anyone know about the capacity at the moment? Over the last couple of days when checking the app, I've seen the wait times hovering around the 60 minute mark. My first thought is that the park is dead crowd-wise, but I'm seeing Forbidden Journey and Kong also hovering around 50-60 minutes.

Perhaps they have fixed some things for more reliable capacity?

If both drops are working you're looking at around 1800 guests an hour, little under FJ.

If one drop is down they're probably using only six trains so it'll be a little over 1000.

If both drops are down, well it closes like late last month. :lol:

They're also absolutely inflating the wait times with the expectations of delays. My 75 minute wait amounted to just over 30 minutes without any hiccups - queue never stopped moving after the preshow.