Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walkway from MK to Grand Floridian

They've been working on it every day. It seems to take a while to get the alignment right on the bridge abutment. In the mean time they're working on the walkway over at the Grand Floridian to get to the first bridge as well.

Really looking forward to this pathway opening! It will be nice to be able to walk to the Grand (and beyond) when things are backed up leaving the Kingdom!

I'm gonna post this here since this partially has to do with the walking path:

It has been rumored that another hotel could be built on the plot next to the GF. This could be the the first little hint that they are truly thinking about it for sometime down the line.

Last edited:
It has been rumored that another hotel could be built on the plot next to the GF. This could be the the first little hint that they are truly thinking about it for sometime down the line.

They WERE planning a new hotel there in the future, but I have a feeling that future became a lot more distant in the past few months...

They WERE planning a new hotel there in the future, but I have a feeling that future became a lot more distant in the past few months...
Oh I know, that’s why I vaguely worded it as “sometime down the line”. Old ideas tend to come back after financial declines, so this is an idea I expect them to circle back to in about a decade or so.

Oh I know, that’s why I vaguely worded it as “sometime down the line”. Old ideas tend to come back after financial declines, so this is an idea I expect them to circle back to in about a decade or so.
I don't know. I feel it is for a path to the road and not for any expansion. It would be so easy to add it in the future if it was needed that having it sit for years with the extra forming needed to pour this seems like the disney of old and they just don't work that way any longer. I know a crew could do the forming and pour in a morning but it isn't necessary for the future. The uberplanning haswas been moved to the consumer so they can do what is necessary now and let the future take care of itself. I expect a path to the road once the landscaping is complete.