Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walkway from MK to Grand Floridian

I've walked from TTC to GF several times and it's almost exactly a mile (depending on your route through the Poly) and I generally average 18 minute miles according to my Apple Watch. I'm guestimating it's another mile from GF to MK (maybe less) so about 35 minutes +/-. I may try it out tomorrow...

I've always guess-timated 20 minutes from Mizners to crossing the bridge from Poly to TTC lot (that's walking at a brisk pace, not taking in the scenery). I agree with Bio you have to know the Poly layout at night or you'll likely get lost. I imagine new GF path similar. Also you can have another 5 - 10 minutes if you're in a back Villains lot.

Been a decade since I tried to leave MK immediately after Fourth of July fireworks, but I remember that taking close to an hour to get to the car, so roughly comparable. That said, I am curious if they really let a few thousand people use this route en masse at, say, 1 a.m. on January 1. it takes you past a lot of guest rooms. Might turn into another Boardwalk situation.

Portofino to USF is a 3/4 mile walk. We walk it often and enjoy the ambiance and landscaping. Sometimes it's nice just to slow vacations down and enjoy taking your time. Grand Floridian to MK
should be enjoyable too.

I just walked Great Ceremonial House to MK using the most direct paths which was 1.2 miles (less distance than I thought) Trader Sam's to Turnstiles, and did it in 21 minutes. I walk at gay speed, so your timing may vary...

The new path does offer some great views that you could never get before, and it's a great way to get exercise even if you're not going to MK. It was cloudy so the walk was fairly cool, but I wouldn't recommend on a hot sunny day. Clouds and/or the cover of darkness will make it bearable.

Just in case anyone was wondering, it's a 2.1 mile walk from TTC to Contemporary and it takes about 37 minutes. Gotta walk off those Christmas cookies...

Just in case anyone was wondering, it's a 2.1 mile walk from TTC to Contemporary and it takes about 37 minutes. Gotta walk off those Christmas cookies...
I thought it would be farther than that. That is about the same distance from the U.S. Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial (2.2 miles). I have done that walk a bunch and it's not bad.

I can see a lot of Grand Flo folks utilizing it leaving the MK after the fireworks when the monorail and launches are slammed.

It was (sort of) an option in the past. On busy days especially it wasn't uncommon to see guests walking down World Drive despite the lack of sidewalks, especially if the Monorail or Ferry Boats went down for any reason. This is MUCH safer.