Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Presents (Preview Center)

The TSL and SW:GE models will debut next Friday, September 8th.

toy-story-land-model-imagineers.jpg

There were walls up already on Saturday, covering back half of the exhibit... The Florida Project display behind walls:

What a kick in a crotch that will be if they take out all the Florida Project stuff... the part of the exhibit representing the keystone moment in Walt Disney World's history. For a freaking Toy Story model. That'll really rankle me.

Toy Story Land Model & More Now on Display at Walt Disney Presents | Disney Parks Blog

"But the Toy Story Land model isn’t the only exciting draw to Walt Disney Presents. Tracing Disney history from Walt Disney’s beginning sketches, photos and storyboards, the attraction celebrates milestones in Disney film and theme park history up through today and beyond. Expect to see models, maquettes, sketches, artist renderings, a portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and more.

Walt Disney Presents will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films. Check you My Disney Experience app for the latest."

Toy Story Land Model & More Now on Display at Walt Disney Presents | Disney Parks Blog

"But the Toy Story Land model isn’t the only exciting draw to Walt Disney Presents. Tracing Disney history from Walt Disney’s beginning sketches, photos and storyboards, the attraction celebrates milestones in Disney film and theme park history up through today and beyond. Expect to see models, maquettes, sketches, artist renderings, a portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model, concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction and more.

Walt Disney Presents will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films. Check you My Disney Experience app for the latest."

Just like many people planning to visit WDW, I will wait to go until Star Wars Land (model) is also there.

Just like many people planning to visit WDW, I will wait to go until Star Wars Land (model) is also there.

Will take more than a model to get me there, the actual land maybe. I have no intention to pay top dollar to visit what is little more than a construction site. Having seen TSL at DLP that gig offers little inspiration to spend my well earned either.

Newpark name idea

Magical Entertaining Hollywood or MEH.

So it looks like they plan to "hide" the TSMM showbuilding the same way they hid the Parks no Garage - with a giant fence.

Notice the fence structure against the SS buildings in the lower left of this photo:
toy-story-land-model-11.jpg

PHOTOS: Toy Story Land Model Debuts at Walt Disney Presents - Blog Mickey
Looks like even though they cut his western town shops, Woody's statue remains in the plans at the land's main entrance. That's good. Nice counter balance to Buzz on the other side by the Saucers.

Here's the look of the Swirling Saucers the vehicles. Pretty much what you'd expect:

toy-story-land-model-6.jpg

And the Slinky trains (looks like three will be on the tracks at the same time):
toy-story-land-model-5.jpg

Last edited:
Toy Story Land: So much land. So little substance.......2018 will be interesting. What will be trashed the most by theme park fans, Toy Story Land or Fast & Furious?

Last edited: