Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Presents (Preview Center)

Just a fun fact for those who might not know: Disney uses plastic aquarium plants to foliage many of their models. The tree of life model used thousands of such plucked leaves. :)

Toy Story Land: So much land. So little substance.......2018 will be interesting. What will be trashed the most by theme park fans, Toy Story Land or Fast & Furious?

I'm still so curious where all the money for this project went. So much money spent for what we're getting. It just doesn't add up. And I can't believe there isn't a 2nd spinner ride in the land to balance it out. Other than that I think it will be cute. Just wish all the things that were cut would have stuck.

I'm still so curious where all the money for this project went. So much money spent for what we're getting. It just doesn't add up. And I can't believe there isn't a 2nd spinner ride in the land to balance it out. Other than that I think it will be cute. Just wish all the things that were cut would have stuck.
Yes, I think the Disney mom's crowd will like the land. It sure seemed like it was value engineered to death though. The original plans weren't a whole lot, but they were more immersive than this fairly bare bones version.

Yes, I think the Disney mom's crowd will like the land. It sure seemed like it was value engineered to death though. The original plans weren't a whole lot, but they were more immersive than this fairly bare bones version.
You say that the original plans were more, but there really wasn't much. The only big thing we can point to is Woody's Round-up, which likely would've only been a M&G anyway.

The rockwork would've just been unnecessary imo without actual show scenes on the ride. Sometimes you've just gotta call a spade a spade - Slinky is nothing more than an exposed "junior launch coaster", as Mack describes it.

You say that the original plans were more, but there really wasn't much. The only big thing we can point to is Woody's Round-up, which likely would've only been a M&G anyway.

The rockwork would've just been unnecessary imo without actual show scenes on the ride. Sometimes you've just gotta call a spade a spade - Slinky is nothing more than an exposed "junior launch coaster", as Mack describes it.
I said, "the original plans weren't a whole lot, but they were more immersive than this fairly bare bones version". I was calling a spade a spade in a nice way. :):lol:

I think Toy Story will benefit from being exposed. Guests won't really be able to overhype themselves before getting on the rides like they will for F&F.

Seems like Disney's trying to get people to start learning about who The Eternals are so that they actually might care about a movie.

Seems like Disney's trying to get people to start learning about who The Eternals are so that they actually might care about a movie.

Strange they're doing that -- and ending it -- so far out from the movie's release. Seems like doing it next spring might have been more effective, as that's when the film's marketing will probably begin, but what do I know!

Strange they're doing that -- and ending it -- so far out from the movie's release. Seems like doing it next spring might have been more effective, as that's when the film's marketing will probably begin, but what do I know!
This is the space where they normally market their new movies. There's nothing to market right now. I assume after Sept. 26, this will turn into a Maleficent 2 exhibit.

I get all that. It's filler. Timing just seems like they're probably not maximizing the return they might get if they were doing this later in the movie's production timeline.

I get all that. It's filler. Timing just seems like they're probably not maximizing the return they might get if they were doing this later in the movie's production timeline.
This is a very small scale thing to make people just a little more aware of who The Eternals even are. It's very popular next year there's a M&G or something.