Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched a POV of Flight Force, and I can’t say much since I have yet to actually ride, but what a disappointment! The screens are lackluster (they look too small and there aren’t enough of them), and the setting is very boring. They’ve really milked the ‘coaster in space’ idea to death at this point. On top of that, they achieve ‘space’ with complete darkness. At least project some stars or something. There also seems to be a lack of a threat, like with all modern Disney rides. It looks like you see some enemy ships briefly towards the end, but it looks like for the most part you’re just watching iron man and captain marvel zoom around through space. Again, I have yet to ride, but it looks like a major downgrade compared to the original scrapped concept, which was a Spider-Man coaster where the Green Goblin chased you through NYC. Even with the current theme, why couldn’t we have been flying through a nighttime, projected NYC or something at least slightly more dynamic than just ‘space?’

Reactions: WebHead1138
Watched a video on the land...looks a little bit better then DCA but yeah I'd never travel for this land...while i'd go to Universal Japan for something like Nintendoland

Watched a video on the land...looks a little bit better then DCA but yeah I'd never travel for this land...while i'd go to Universal Japan for something like Nintendoland
Unfortunately for WDSP, their getting the worst of the Frozen lands being built. The mini land in Fantasy Springs at TDS is supposedly going to have a completely unique Frozen ride that will put Frozen Ever After to shame, supposedly being a boat ride that will be utilizing the Shanghai Pirates technology.

HKDL is getting a land with the castle as the centerpiece and FEA and a coaster for rides. The coaster was originally thought to be a clone of SDMT, but now it's thought to be less SDMT and more Barnstormer with rock work and a show scene. WDSP is only getting the the castle and then FEA as the only ride. FEA is supposed to be getting higher capacity boats at both HKDL and WDSP. What makes it worse is that since many of DLPR's visitor visit WDW too, they'll already have been on FEA years before it opens at WDSP (similar to the reverse with Ratatouille at Epcot).

Unfortunately for WDSP, their getting the worst of the Frozen lands being built. The mini land in Fantasy Springs at TDS is supposedly going to have a completely unique Frozen ride that will put Frozen Ever After to shame, supposedly being a boat ride that will be utilizing the Shanghai Pirates technology.

HKDL is getting a land with the castle as the centerpiece and FEA and a coaster for rides. The coaster was originally thought to be a clone of SDMT, but now it's thought to be less SDMT and more Barnstormer with rock work and a show scene. WDSP is only getting the the castle and then FEA as the only ride. FEA is supposed to be getting higher capacity boats at both HKDL and WDSP. What makes it worse is that since many of DLPR's visitor visit WDW too, they'll already have been on FEA years before it opens at WDSP (similar to the reverse with Ratatouille at Epcot).
I mean, if people like this then cool

The ride looks fun enough but I just mean they had a second chance at a Marvel land and its....a little better but still think they are just going too cheap on the biggest IP they have right now besides star wars

I mean, if people like this then cool

The ride looks fun enough but I just mean they had a second chance at a Marvel land and its....a little better but still think they are just going too cheap on the biggest IP they have right now besides star wars
Of course. The only thing i'm holding out hope for is the E-ticket that literally every Marvel area/Land is currently waiting on. Anaheim/Paris/Hong Kong all have rather mediocre lackluster areas. Hong Kong's is the most unique, not even going by the Avengers Campus name (instead going by Stark Expo) and having two technically unique rides that the other lands don't have.

All them have the commonality though of having a plot of land sitting and waiting by for what is supposed to be a future Marvel E-ticket. If they can knock that ride out of the par like they did with say Rise, I think these lands will be looked at completely differently in retrospect, especially because the character interactions are something they've unexpectedly knocked out of the park, considering Disney's penchant for M&G's in set locations instead of just random street interactions.

Also, let's make no mistake about it, Marvel is the biggest thing Disney owns.

Reactions: Nico
Of course. The only thing i'm holding out hope for is the E-ticket that literally every Marvel area/Land is currently waiting on. Anaheim/Paris/Hong Kong all have rather mediocre lackluster areas. Hong Kong's is the most unique, not even going by the Avengers Campus name (instead going by Stark Expo) and having two technically unique rides that the other lands don't have.

All them have the commonality though of having a plot of land sitting and waiting by for what is supposed to be a future Marvel E-ticket. If they can knock that ride out of the par like they did with say Rise, I think these lands will be looked at completely differently in retrospect, especially because the character interactions are something they've unexpectedly knocked out of the park, considering Disney's penchant for M&G's in set locations instead of just random street interactions.

Also, let's make no mistake about it, Marvel is the biggest thing Disney owns.
Here is the thing...when you meet characters its wonderful but the fact at least at DCA they could not tell you when and which characters are out really make it a lottery on whether or not you like the land or not...when they could have just made amazing lands and then cool they have these characters around as well

Here is the thing...when you meet characters its wonderful but the fact at least at DCA they could not tell you when and which characters are out really make it a lottery on whether or not you like the land or not...when they could have just made amazing lands and then cool they have these characters around as well
That's how the parks used to be though. Just random characters popping up whenever. They have an internal schedule for the land i'm sure and they have the app to use, so in this day and age, it would probably be best to just throw the meet and greet schedule up for people to see it, but tbh, I really kinda like the randomness/lottery feel to it in not knowing who will be there.

Reactions: Nico
That's how the parks used to be though. Just random characters popping up whenever. They have an internal schedule for the land i'm sure and they have the app to use, so in this day and age, it would probably be best to just throw the meet and greet schedule up for people to see it, but tbh, I really kinda like the randomness/lottery feel to it in not knowing who will be there.
Not when I'm paying 150 bucks a ticket

If they know then we should know, just have it on the app or if I ask a cast member but when I asked about Ant Man they told me "well he likes the night" so anytime after dark he shows up...i just wait until i see him? Come on just give me a time and I'll show up, its like not posting ride times and saying its a lottery

Not when I'm paying 150 bucks a ticket

If they know then we should know, just have it on the app or if I ask a cast member but when I asked about Ant Man they told me "well he likes the night" so anytime after dark he shows up...i just wait until i see him? Come on just give me a time and I'll show up, its like not posting ride times and saying its a lottery
I guess I just don't see it as a big deal. I'm just happy that they're doing proper variety throughout the day and know that whenever I walk into the land, i'm probably going to run into a new character. I'm visiting DLR at the beginning of September so maybe i'll feel stronger about it after that trip. I'm hoping to go to do a trip to one of the international parks next year. Potentially a Hong Kong/Tokyo split trip.

Watched this video today as well. Sad they cannot figure out to do Marvel right. But then again what do you expect from a company that has been resting on its laurels lately? Even though Web Slingers is meant to be filler at DCA for the Avengers E ticket if it happens, I have a feeling that no matter how it gets done or what form it takes, it will be underwhelming too. Though if you could fix web slingers and make it good, what would you do?

Watched this video today as well. Sad they cannot figure out to do Marvel right. But then again what do you expect from a company that has been resting on its laurels lately? Even though Web Slingers is meant to be filler at DCA for the Avengers E ticket if it happens, I have a feeling that no matter how it gets done or what form it takes, it will be underwhelming too. Though if you could fix web slingers and make it good, what would you do?
Even though a fixed webslingers still wouldn’t hold a candle to IOA’s Spidey, I’d add villains to webslingers to at least add some tension. Keep the queue as is, but in the pre-show, have a villain crash onto the scene looking for Spider-Man, and we ‘recruits’ are quickly put to work to help him. Maybe even have it be the sinister six, and each villain gets their own screen shooting section. Then, in between the screens, have some physical effects to immerse you in the experience. Maybe one of Doc Ock’s arms crashes through the wall and swipes at guests, or maybe a pumpkin bomb ignites setting off a real fire effect. They could add a few animatronics if they really wanted to go above and beyond. How cool would a full size Doc Ock figure look? These ideas wouldn’t be a perfect fix, as the real problem is the ride system, but they would certainly make it more tolerable

Gonna have to give a big old b****h please to his assertion that the only good attractions in the past 16 years were Everest and Flight of Passage.
At least in the DCA version Web Slingers will be a more complete package as a complimentary family friendly ride to the Avengers E ticket if it ever comes to be. And in that area it does what it is supposed to.

Double-posting, but WDS has dropped Baatu.

Am not shocked. I am more curious on what will replace this. Maybe what would replace Hollywood Land at DCA can be cloned or another Idea could be a Goosebumps land. Disney is doing a Goosebumps show on Disney Plus and depending on how well the reception is, It would not suprise me if they want a land themed to it at the parks.

Reactions: Nick
Am not shocked. I am more curious on what will replace this. Maybe what would replace Hollywood Land at DCA can be cloned or another Idea could be a Goosebumps land. Disney is doing a Goosebumps show on Disney Plus and depending on how well the reception is, It would not suprise me if they want a land themed to it at the parks.

It's been brought up in the past, but I am genuinely wondering on The Simpsons.

If Disney is serious on using them in the parks, I wonder if they could opt to have Paris be the park that gets the "set-up" land that allows both Anaheim and Orlando to copy it's land for once the contract expires.

It's been brought up in the past, but I am genuinely wondering on The Simpsons.

If Disney is serious on using them in the parks, I wonder if they could opt to have Paris be the park that gets the "set-up" land that allows both Anaheim and Orlando to copy it's land for once the contract expires.
I know this is kind of off topic, but you said in another thread that Disney has concepts down for A HollywoodLand replacement at DCA. Do you happen to have any insight on what it could be in terms of a theme? And where could a Simpsons land go in Anaheim? maybe in the lot next to Pixar Pier hotel if DL forward gets revived in the future?

I know this is kind of off topic, but you said in another thread that Disney has concepts down for A HollywoodLand replacement at DCA. Do you happen to have any insight on what it could be in terms of a theme? And where could a Simpsons land go in Anaheim? maybe in the lot next to Pixar Pier hotel if DL forward gets revived in the future?

Ah! I was alluding to the times when Avengers Campus was rumored to go around Hollywoodland, as the area around it would've been opened up by the modifications and updates made as part of the once planned Eastern Gateway project.

I don't have as much info of DLR (or any Disney park for that matter) in a serious aspect. I be speculating by the tune of my own drum on the mouse.