WandaVision | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

WandaVision

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To not get too carried away,

I am betting that America Chavez is going to get a feature film, and Steve will be her mentor. I think it makes a lot of sense to have the proper "Captain America" successor, regardless on if she has the shield or not, to have Old Steve be the one to teach and mentor.

To not get too carried away,

I am betting that America Chavez is going to get a feature film, and Steve will be her mentor. I think it makes a lot of sense to have the proper "Captain America" successor, regardless on if she has the shield or not, to have Old Steve be the one to teach and mentor.
I could see that being a Disney+ show like Hawkeye. I have faith in Feige, so I trust as of right now that whatever way he’s brought back will make sense.

Reactions: HalfGlass
I could see that being a Disney+ show like Hawkeye. I have faith in Feige, so I trust as of right now that whatever way he’s brought back will make sense.
^ this. Feige has too strong of a track record to doubt his moves before they happen.

I remember when Guardians came out - I said there is no way to have them crossover with the Avengers and make it work. How can a talking raccoon interact with Captain America. Well...I was wrong...oh so wrong.

^ this. Feige has too strong of a track record to doubt his moves before they happen.

I remember when Guardians came out - I said there is no way to have them crossover with the Avengers and make it work. How can a talking raccoon interact with Captain America. Well...I was wrong...oh so wrong.

It's actually why I'm jazzed about Wandavision. Even if it were to have major impacts, I was (And a tiny bit still) pessimistic to how it can fit with the MCU. But so-far, it's proving me wrong with just the first two episodes.

Just a heads up...I watched a little of one of those things you missed in these episodes and while they don't know more than I do....some of the theories could be spoilers, so I'm going to stop watching them and just wanted to give people a heads up.

I have not read all the Wanda/Vision comics so had no idea about who could be doing this..but the theories out there make a lot of sense. So a heads up to watch out if you want to be surprised

To be fair with Cap, he kind of..isn't dead? I do think there's an interesting chance that Vision is gonna make it out, but for now I'm assuming whoever will try to kill vision (and potentially Pietro if he pops back up) infront of Wanda to break her.
I never responded about Vision. Remember - Shuri downloaded Vision at the end of Endgame. His body died, yes, but with him being a robot, he can always be brought back and simply put back into a new robot body as long as they have that download.

I never responded about Vision. Remember - Shuri downloaded Vision at the end of Endgame. His body died, yes, but with him being a robot, he can always be brought back and simply put back into a new robot body as long as they have that download.

Only thing about that is without the Mind Stone, wouldn't he just be Jarvis in a robot body?

Reactions: Nick
"For the children" is not exactly subtle, so I think that has a lot to do with where this is going. Kathryn Hahn is very entertaining and love how she chews up scenery.

Also, at the end of E2, Wanda explicitly rewinds the show and its world. I think she could've done the same thing to the stone to put Vision back together in the grief of her loss.

Regarding the format, I think these shows are reflecting the shows (and us as viewers) grew up with sitcom reruns probably when she was being experimented on to become what she is today. She thought America would be suburban bliss and nosy neighbors, not the horror she found, so her mind is retreating to a safe space she held as a kid.

Alr cool the theory was right about the pocket dimension. Many have speculated, but it confirms all neighbors are agents sent in. Gave me some SCP vibes with how scared Monica was at the end with Wanda, the subject being observed if that makes sense. Also, her talking about Pietro was pretty cool/SPOILER]

9/10

Absolutely loved this episode. The opening WandaVision theme was easily my favorite of the three so far, too. I just love how they maximize time to the fullest on this show and don't waste a single second, making it so you have to hang on every single word said, because it probably means something. This specific episode manages to clock in at only 26 minutes, which I was shocked at as I thought it felt more in the 40 minute range due to the amount of plot progression and info we were getting (along with how much fun I was having watching it).

This basically sums up Episode 3 (btw, I noticed Ep 1 & 2 now have Episode titles):

I love that they didn't waste much time in the season at all to get to the point of telling us "this is a pocket dimension" for all intents and purposes. I think Wanda is potentially going to go mad in there and her powers, as is already being shown a bit, will spin out of control and she'll finally realize her full potential and harness control of her powers so that she doesn't have to go back to reality, which will be the catalyst to alter true reality going forward to Spidey 3 and Multiverse of Madness.

Also, I think Hydra may be in some sort of control. I think Wanda thinks she's in control, but it's really Hydra or AIM. Notice that Geraldine's earrings were hexagon shaped, which is associated with the logo of AIM. There was also lots of hexagons in the opening theme of the episode.

Last edited:
Mando works as a week-to-week show, but I dislike how this works as a week-to-week show. This would be much more satisfying as a binge.

Why does Herb listen to Agnes when she tells him not to reveal who they all are? While this episode felt more SWORD-y and less Mephisto-y, Agnes did have that line about Ralph looking better in the dark.

I think the continuing Hydra aspect of the commercials doesn’t mean much. I think the commercials are just telling her origin in a creepy way. This one said something about unlocking the God in you, which is basically what Hydra did to Wanda.

It wouldn’t shock me if this was a co-op by SWORD and AIM. SWORD needs AIM’s technology to help break in and AIM wants to get its hands on Vision potentially. If it is AIM, I hope the twist is that they’re run by Justin Hammer who was able to break out after the snap and took over the company that most resembled what his own was.

Mando works as a week-to-week show, but I dislike how this works as a week-to-week show. This would be much more satisfying as a binge.

Why does Herb listen to Agnes when she tells him not to reveal who they all are? While this episode felt more SWORD-y and less Mephisto-y, Agnes did have that line about Ralph looking better in the dark.

I think the continuing Hydra aspect of the commercials doesn’t mean much. I think the commercials are just telling her origin in a creepy way. This one said something about unlocking the God in you, which is basically what Hydra did to Wanda.

It wouldn’t shock me if this was a co-op by SWORD and AIM. SWORD needs AIM’s technology to help break in and AIM wants to get its hands on Vision potentially. If it is AIM, I hope the twist is that they’re run by Justin Hammer who was able to break out after the snap and took over the company that most resembled what his own was.
Yeah, I said that last week. This is not a episode per week show. I think if they wanted to do this, they need to drop two per week until we got to the last three episodes, which are supposedly longer and are 3 hours in total in just those 3 episodes.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm just not feeling this show at all. The gimmick kind of wore itself thin in episode 2, and there's not enough real momentum. There's "slow burn" and "failure to ignite", and this one is leaning in the latter direction IMO

I'm just not feeling this show at all. The gimmick kind of wore itself thin in episode 2, and there's not enough real momentum. There's "slow burn" and "failure to ignite", and this one is leaning in the latter direction IMO
Oh, i'm quite the opposite and feeling this big time, but I wish I could watch all of the episodes in a binge. This is basically a 6 hour movie that got chopped up and we're only an hour and a half in. If this was a Netflix show, I would've gone through this show in one sitting and I think a lot of people would have different opinions about it because by the end, everything will make sense. But cut up into tiny pieces like this, it really hurts the momentum of the show imo.

Then again, social media, youtube and bloggers will go crazy theorizing everything from this one episode for a week, so Disney+ must know what they're doing.

I think a lot of people would have different opinions about it because by the end, everything will make sense.

I mean, I've seen enough "Suburbia/sit com is actually sinister" stories to get a general sense of where this is all going. I just don't think the show is doing much with the idea to differentiate itself

I mean, I've seen enough "Suburbia/sit com is actually sinister" stories to get a general sense of where this is all going. I just don't think the show is doing much with the idea to differentiate itself
Yeah, but this isn't just a "sinister suburbia" story. This is about, imo at least, Wanda finally realizing her true potential (and her progression into the villain role she assumes in Dr. Strange 2) and setting up Phase 4 of the MCU. I think we will have a Dr. Strange cameo at the end of this show, but i'm just basing that on pure speculation. Is this show going to do anything for you if you aren't caught up on the MCU? Probably not, since it's weird as all hell, but then again, if you aren't caught up on the MCU, nothing will make sense. The MCU follows a television model in itself and jumping in now would be similar to someone who decided to watch Season 7 of GOT without watching anything else beforehand because it was the hyped thing at the time.

Also:
So I guess i'm now wondering... are the people inside this Truman Show-like bubble real people or are they constructs/androids. There was a moment where Norm started glitching out that was very odd. Norm also freaked out at Geraldine/Monica. She's the only one we've seen in this world with a SWORD logo so far and Norm actually tried to warn Vision, so it makes me think that they aren't actually real people or they are real people that are stuck in there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I said that last week. This is not a episode per week show. I think if they wanted to do this, they need to drop two per week until we got to the last three episodes, which are supposedly longer and are 3 hours in total in just those 3 episodes.

I kind of disagreed with this POV last week as I expected a slower burn than what we're getting. Every episode so far has upped the pace.

This show is the first Marvel thing I've been disappointed in. The show is so hamfisted with the clues it take the joy out of it for me, it's way better to be subtle and let viewers discover clues instead of constantly shoving them in peoples faces. There is no real mystery because anyone who has watched the movies and read some of the comics know what's going on. It's trying to emulate a Twilight Zone, Twin Peaks, Lost feeling when it's already spoiled most of its mysteries.

I think I'm just going to wait till the final episode and watch it. Everything else has just been time wasting filler.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The first 20 minutes of episode 1 almost lost me but I've been hooked since then. And Ep2's "Wanda-Vision, Wa-Wa-nda-Vision" refrain has been going round in my head since it aired :bonk:

I know some others have said this already but Disney really messed up by not putting out at least a substantial portion of the episodes at once. IMO, they should have released the first 6 then put out the last 3 once a week. It wouldn’t be far off from the usual 6 weekly episode format from future shows in the MCU.

Slow burn shows can work week-to-week if they have significant character development, plot momentum and so forth. This is mostly easter eggs and a couple moments of weirdness surrounded by typical generational sitcom shenanigans. There’s not much here to entice audiences to anticipate the next episode for 7 days.

I still have hope this will finish strong, but while I know extraneous circumstances (filming delays, etc) led to WandaVision being completed first, I think having this be the introductory MCU show was a big mistake.