Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WaterWorld

I will probably be destroyed in here for saying this. But, I think this show needs to go, permanently. I like and respect the show. I just think this area could use an actual ride. Just my thoughts.

I will probably be destroyed in here for saying this. But, I think this show needs to go, permanently. I like and respect the show. I just think this area could use an actual ride. Just my thoughts.
I get it. I think the show has last a long time but is there space to rally add value? I am talking like adding Diagone Ally. They certainly can't put a roller coaster there so what are we talking about. E level dark ride? Gringotts without Diagone?

I get it. I think the show has last a long time but is there space to rally add value? I am talking like adding Diagone Ally. They certainly can't put a roller coaster there so what are we talking about. E level dark ride? Gringotts without Diagone?
Dark ride shooter like MIB but with a different IP.

The show IS highly rated by the guests.

At one point you all liked it, but after years you are done seeing it - it doesn't have the same repeatability as a ride. However non passholders go to Universal one a year, once every two years, While we have all seen it five/six times it takes a non passholder several years to get to that point. People who saw it two years ago look forward to seeing when they return. And first time guests really like it. For non regulars to USH seeing a live stunt show like that is unique. It's not something you can see just anywhere.

I think it adds value to USH.

WebHead, you think YOU will be "destroyed" for saying WW should go - so far people agree with you. Universal Creative agrees with you. I suspect mine is the minority view.

for sure! I wish universal Orlando had more shows. Something to slow the day down instead of it being about jumping from one ride to the next. Shows are universal!
I think Toon lagoon Theatre could be a good spot. I know, its part of TL but I think theres enough space to make a mini "Waterworld" section there. Then you got 2 stunt shows in each park which honestly would help each park.

As surely many have pointed out (but as I will do so as-well); Waterworld is the highest recieved positively out of any attraction, show, or experience from Universal Creative; in general. It sucks in an insane amount of guests too, even if it's relegated with showtimes.

Not to mention, outside of Orlando; every single one of the Universal Parks and Resorts (including the upcoming Beijing park, as announced yesterday in China) will have one incarnation of Waterworld. The thing's just nuts to how a lot of people love it.

Last edited:
Looks like I was destroyed for my opinion. Not surprised lol

I wouldn't say destroyed, more so reasons why it hasn't happened yet.

While I like this show I definitely agree it's time to move on. Would love it if it was gutted and we got our own version of Hagrid's MCMA in the spot and we close off the gap with a soundstage that can serve as an HHN house or props department.

Ultimately I don't think the show is going anywhere, and it's difficult to imagine a proper replacement.

I wouldn't say destroyed, more so reasons why it hasn't happened yet.

While I like this show I definitely agree it's time to move on. Would love it if it was gutted and we got our own version of Hagrid's MCMA in the spot and we close off the gap with a soundstage that can serve as an HHN house or props department.

Ultimately I don't think the show is going anywhere, and it's difficult to imagine a proper replacement.
I agree with all your points.

Interestingly enough, Universal Beijing’s Waterworld is an entire land.
1570839758_news-7-8.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, Universal Beijing’s Waterworld is an entire land.
1570839758_news-7-8.jpg

Which I find..actually funny; as Osaka technically was the first to do a proper "land", but even then that was with just a glorified coke stand.

Either way, it shows the staying power that Waterworld's truly had for the entire chain. Even if it's not in Orlando, Waterworld's mark in the industry is absolutely outstanding.

I would rather them tear out Animal Actors and Special Effects over Water World. Water World is their best show.

Yeah, if anything is going to be replaced in the Upper Lot Post-Nintendo that would be large enough, Animal Actors/SES would make more sense as you could combine the two to get a rather good sized plot of land. I highly doubt WW would get the axe, but that's just how I'm sensing with it.

Last edited:
"Land". It only has the show and some additional thumbing like Japan and Singapore. Sadly, the original has the least thumbing of them all.
I believe it’s also getting a Waterworld resturaunt, and it seems to have much more land than just around the exterior like the others. (And themselves labeled it as a full fledged land I believe).

I believe it’s also getting a Waterworld resturaunt, and it seems to have much more land than just around the exterior like the others. (And themselves labeled it as a full fledged land I believe).

Yah, "additional entertainment" or something was mentioned, right? Sounds a lot like Hollywood's SNW.