Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW 50th Celebration

Thank goodness, they've finally begun painting the TTC! The purple curbs are going away, and it looks like the purple and green 90's paint scheme is being replaced with the same navy/gold paint scheme that the portals and the MK Toll Plaza got!

A fresh coat of paint is always nice, but... what is this color scheme they've committed to? lol. Navy (or blue for the WDW signs) and gold, but sometimes rose gold? Between the Resort entrances, the MK toll plaza sign, and now the TTC, I think it all looks fine, but it still manages to feel kinda dated to me. Since none of the structures or fonts are actually changing, and the color palette is a just a step away from primary colors, it doesn't feel current at all. Just freshly painted haha.

I don't wanna complain about infrastructure being refreshed, because that's almost always a net positive, but it seems strange to go through the effort across the resort, and still kind of - idk - miss the mark? Anyway, here's hoping this second attempt at painting the castle will turn things around :lol:

A fresh coat of paint is always nice, but... what is this color scheme they've committed to? lol. Navy (or blue for the WDW signs) and gold, but sometimes rose gold? Between the Resort entrances, the MK toll plaza sign, and now the TTC, I think it all looks fine, but it still manages to feel kinda dated to me. Since none of the structures or fonts are actually changing, and the color palette is a just a step away from primary colors, it doesn't feel current at all. Just freshly painted haha.

I don't wanna complain about infrastructure being refreshed, because that's almost always a net positive, but it seems strange to go through the effort across the resort, and still kind of - idk - miss the mark? Anyway, here's hoping this second attempt at painting the castle will turn things around :lol:
Don’t know about blue, but I know why gold.

555342AB-E422-4BC1-A85C-781F15C03598.png

So now that they have clearly indicated no parades, shows, or fireworks for the Halloween Boo Bash events, what does that mean for the 50th Celebration. They are clearly refurbishing the castle stage, so will there be no shows or fireworks in October for the 50th? Lotsa folks planning to be there that month surely won’t be happy if there is nothing special going on other than refreshed cavalcades.

So now that they have clearly indicated no parades, shows, or fireworks for the Halloween Boo Bash events, what does that mean for the 50th Celebration. They are clearly refurbishing the castle stage, so will there be no shows or fireworks in October for the 50th? Lotsa folks planning to be there that month surely won’t be happy if there is nothing special going on other than refreshed cavalcades.

It's not looking promising at all. The company's sending a lot of weird mixed signals; they're already committing to face masks apparently being mandatory through the end of October, with no fireworks or parades for Halloween (which implies they believe they need to keep most restrictions in place)... yet they're also actively planning to reopen more shows and food service locations, as well as bring back the College Program in June (which implies they believe they can ease or drop many restrictions fairly soon). I'm genuinely sort of confused.

I mean, we've kind of known since even before the pandemic that the 50th wasn't going to be very exciting, but if all they've got is some kind of special cavalcade, I can't imagine too many people getting hyped for that.

It's not looking promising at all. The company's sending a lot of weird mixed signals; they're already committing to face masks apparently being mandatory through the end of October, with no fireworks or parades for Halloween (which implies they believe they need to keep most restrictions in place)... yet they're also actively planning to reopen more shows and food service locations, as well as bring back the College Program in June (which implies they believe they can ease or drop many restrictions fairly soon). I'm genuinely sort of confused.

I mean, we've kind of known since even before the pandemic that the 50th wasn't going to be very exciting, but if all they've got is some kind of special cavalcade, I can't imagine too many people getting hyped for that.

It seems they are planning for both scenarios. On the no fireworks and parades, a major part of visiting Disneyland for me during the 50th was seeing the special fireworks and parade they decided to continue running after the celebration. I have no plans to visit WDW until fireworks are brought back. I feel it’s that important to a day at Disney.

They don't have to offer much to get people excited. Remember, the Villains events sell out and they promise absolutely nothing - no entertainment, no fireworks, and no candy.

Plus, many tourists are going to be happy just to be at Disney World, so they don't have to do much to get people excited.

Yeah I’m genuinely curious about how they are playing this. They already have folks all tuned up for this 50th celebration but since they have not recalled any performers yet, I’m not sure how they can pull something together for October. The recalls for DCP are currently limited to those who were cut short or already selected to be on staff last year, so that pool is seemingly not that large given students schedules or ability to participate.

Typical Disney. Seeing if they can make the big bucks off an event and keep costs down, figuring people will show up for a lesser offering, using covid restrictions as an excuse. Profit, profit profit.

They’re also maintaining limited capacity for a better guest experience while on-boarding more labor. I think this take skews a little cynical.

They don't have to offer much to get people excited. Remember, the Villains events sell out and they promise absolutely nothing - no entertainment, no fireworks, and no candy.

Plus, many tourists are going to be happy just to be at Disney World, so they don't have to do much to get people excited.

Then they should probably stop promoting it as “the biggest celebration we’ve ever had,” or whatever the exact PR-speak is.

At this rate, Disneyland's 50th is shaping up to be infinitely better for WDW than WDW's own 50th!

Then they should probably stop promoting it as “the biggest celebration we’ve ever had,” or whatever the exact PR-speak is.

At this rate, Disneyland's 50th is shaping up to be infinitely better for WDW than WDW's own 50th!

WDW 50th has been rumored to be a slimed down offering for a few years now. No new night time parade or new fireworks just a tag for HEA.

It's easier to wait until August and say "hey, no masks required!" than say that now and (1) risk the P.R. wrath of the pro-mask community in the moment, and (2) risk the complaints of anti-maskers if things go south and they're still a necessary evil come late Summer. Would be easiest simply not to mention any sort of mask policy, but their costume policy necessitates they use the word.

In other words, I wouldn't read much into that in all.