Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Welcome to SCarey: Horror in the Heartland

The representation was more in the stylistic representation of the sewers themselves, coupled with the execution of the bright green egg spew, which was the exact technique used for Depths. Again, more of a call back in style and spirit as Legacy posited than a direct, "Here's a Fathom Corp. logo" deal.

This also came from our Unmasking guide after I mentioned the similarities between scenic techniques, so it could have also been blowing smoke (not every guide is infallible)

I've been 21 through 26. (Missed 23) No idea what a Sculder is. Guess I'll find out tonight! :)

They appeared in 2009's (largely-maligned, but I liked it) The Spawning. It was a loose riff on C.H.U.D. with a pinch of X-Files references. They completely changed their look, so even the few who do remember what they looked like no longer really recognize them without being told what they're looking at.

Last edited:
They appeared in 2019's (largely-maligned, but I liked it) The Spawning.
*2009. 2019 was Depths. :lol:

It certainly was a choice to bring back a character for an anniversary house and then completely redesign them so they're unrecognizable. At least Nightingales looked somewhat similar and had a lore explanation for the design shift.

*2009. 2019 was Depths. :lol:

It certainly was a choice to bring back a character for an anniversary house and then completely redesign them so they're unrecognizable. At least Nightingales looked somewhat similar and had a lore explanation for the design shift.

Very annoying typo on my part!

I agree, it is a bit of a strange decision - but I also partly get it since the original Sculder design wasn't exactly top-notch.

The representation was more in the stylistic representation of the sewers themselves, coupled with the execution of the bright green egg spew, which was the exact technique used for Depths. Again, more of a call back in style and spirit as Legacy posited than a direct, "Here's a Fathom Corp. logo" deal.

This also came from our Unmasking guide after I mentioned the similarities between scenic techniques, so it could have also been blowing smoke (not every guide is infallible)
0E6B62C0-C7DE-4280-800B-F8C5E70B0C8A.jpeg
I mean, the sewer was the setting for The Spawning and the color green was very prevalent in the house

I haven’t been through SCarey yet, but I just wanted to point out that both of those mentioned facts don’t point to Depths of Fear any more than they do The Spawning

Anyone know what happened tonight? They closed it and I was told there was no ET when it would open again. I never came back to see if it re opened. This was around 10:00 PM.

Anyone know what happened tonight? They closed it and I was told there was no ET when it would open again. I never came back to see if it re opened. This was around 10:00 PM.
I went thru around 12 and didn't see anything unusual.

Just like with House of 1,000 Corpses in 2019, the MIB tent location (and Bioreconstruct) provides us with a unique view of the locations previous floor plan. Here's what Welcome to SCarey's layout looked like!