Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What are some non-horror IPs that would make good mazes

Scary Movie(is it Horror? I’ve always thought of it as a comedy), Bates Motel, & Twin Peaks

and The Room

Edit: and Scream Queens even though it was rooted in horror it became more of a parody

Last edited:
Technically Non-Horror and technically something unique for Hollywood, but I'd love to see fairy tales represented for the west in some way. Whether Snow White, The Ice Queen, Alice's adventure in Wonderland, and more: I would love to see unique takes on classical tales like that.

Another hope, is taking a page from Beowulf.

My two cents

Theres the obvious JP maze that many of us have asked for. Theres also a few things in Westworld that I think would make for really cool moments in a maze.

Rock and Roll. Kiss, Alice Cooper, MM, Keith Richards:rimshot:

Alice Cooper actually has already been at Hollywood's event (and Orlando's, but that's not that praised), twice.

I think the day's of Alice Cooper coming back, are over, but hell, I'd love to hope if they can work together for one more time.

I still think Ghostbusters could be morphed into a dark humor house with legit jump scares rather easily, would run a constant 3-hour line.

Beetlejuice might also work--have to use some of the dead from the waiting room--but scares might be harder to come by.

Will never happen now that Disney owns the IP, but I always thought the (Marvel) Carnage house was a potentially fun idea, just poorly executed.

Carnage and Arkham Asylum NEED a house

Universal dropped having the Marvel rights for California I believe back in 07 (but @Chris can prove me wrong) for Hollywood. And I would assume DC Comics wouldn't be plausible due to Magic Mountain about 27 miles. And if we go on the level of the Universal/Disney issue of Marvel rights for DC, I would assume something similar is in-play, unless for particular reasons.

__

Allow me to add another odd choice, but Pink Floyd, and more specifically, The Wall, would be an outstanding choice, as it's an out-there type of story that if done in certain way's, could be rather unique and exciting.

I'd say something in the vein of Return to Oz or Neverending Story type dark fantasies would be neat. Like a "made for children but also scared the bejeezus out of children" kind of maze.

And I would assume DC Comics wouldn't be plausible due to Magic Mountain about 27 miles.

There's actually leverage in this. I've discussed it with someone who knows the details but there's a pick and choose type game that goes on with the DC properties, but I wouldn't entirely rule it out if Uni ever wanted to go that route.