What Defines a Ride’s Success? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What Defines a Ride’s Success?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a rides success can only really be determined long term. Does it have staying power and is it re-ridable for years/decades? Most rides when they open are popular, but the ones that continue to draw long after they opened and other attractions in the same park have opened are "successful".
Confirmation that Mummy, MIB, Peoplemover, and The Land are the best rides of all time

Reactions: GAcoaster
Yes, big time. Disney Imagineer legend Tony Baxter always emphasized that re-rideablity was the key to how good an attraction was.
I reride supercharged just to count the number of times FAMILY is mentioned in the pre shows, fun fact I got to 20 in the frist room one time before losing count. But on that note, do we think pre shows actually hurt rides in terms of rerideability?

The Land is equal parts relaxing, informative, and inspirational, everything that Epcot was and aimed to be.

It's a very fulfilling attraction that other rides just don't come close to

Perhaps it's just the plants, but The Land is something special
I have a soft spot for Spaceship Earth too, but I'm in telecom so maybe that's why. I would have had it in this list too but I preferred the old version with the city scape ending

I have a soft spot for Spaceship Earth too, but I'm in telecom so maybe that's why. I would have had it in this list too but I preferred the old version with the city scape ending
I forget about SSE because it's so bumpy and I feel like I'm going to fall through the Epcot ball any second

Still though, it is another transcendent ride experience

Reactions: MrRoamer