What Does IOA Need? | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

ChristopherSE

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2009
NJ -> Orlando
After some talk on the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Spoilers thread, I decided to make this. So ... what does Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure Theme park in Orlando, Florida need?

Last edited:
In all honesty, I find IOA very, very lacking. The only land that really feels full is Seuss Landing. JP is in very large need of another ride, Toon Lagoon only has water rides, and they aren't really fun if you don't want to get wet, Lost Continent... I can't see is anymore :p, Marvel Island is just... meh. It has Spiderman and Doom, but really the land is just... doesn't have the awesome feel the rest of the park does.
In short,
JP- New ride, wooden coaster maybe.
Toon Lagoon- Family friendly flat rides (chair swing?)
Lost Continent- I'd like a water coaster to replace Poseidon.
Marvel- Make it look nicer.

But Harry Potter is a really good addition to the park, and could fill some of the lackingness I find in the park; so after I go there next, my opinion may change.

The only thing I think IOA is lacking is another quality show. Sinbad still draws a huge crowd, but they need another show to entertain more people, especially with the larger crowds expected with WWOHP. I know that Mat Hoffman's bike show was added somewhat recently, but I would like to see a show that actually fits into a theme of one of the islands. Bringing back the Triceratops Encounter would help as well.

Here is what I think they need to do at IoA:

PoE: Nothing, leave it as it is.
MSHI: Add another ride or expand the island over more to the theater and past. Whoa: and also they need to PAINT HULK!!!
TL: Maybe another water ride or leave it as it is.
JP: More rides and the Raptor Encounter idea.
WWoHP: Nothing, leave it as it is.
LC: Another ride (If they can fit one in between PF and Sinbad).
SL: An expantion to put a playground/more shops in or leave it alone.

Those are my ideas, comments welcomed.

Last edited:
Nothing really. I think they should focus on the upkeep. Giving all the rides full refurbs/rehabs (if necessary) and continue to keep the park at tip-top shape. After Potter settles down I'd like to see something in the the Triceratops Encounter whether it be that ride returning or a new idea and that's really it basically. Maybe a nice nighttime show, but I think they deserve to just keep everything as is for a little bit and work on maintaining all the rides.

I would like to see a few things come to IOA to really make it full one day park.

1.New Show Marvel or Toon
2.Bring back or demolish Trike encounter
3.New JP Ride (rollercoaster or dark ride)
4.Grinch Ride (Mt. Crumpitt dark ride)
5.New night time firework show (much better than that 360 crap at USF.

Most of all, IoA just needs more regular upkeep. Some fresh new little interactive touches would be nice, too. Otherwise:

1. Raptor Pen.
2. Nighttime show.
3. Poseidon's Fury rehaul, either return it to original or add more scenes. Just make sure it stays a walkthrough. We don't need another big coaster or water ride.
4. TL wild mouse coaster involving water, maybe Krazy Kat.
5. Return Trike Encounter.
6. Return Islands Skipper Tours once LC-JP bridge is removed.
7. Permanent show in TL theater.

Last edited:
Most of all, IoA just needs more regular upkeep. Some fresh new little interactive touches would be nice, too. Otherwise:

1. Roptor Pen.
2. Nighttime show.
3. Poseidon's Fury rehaul, eiether return it to original or add more scenes. Just make sure it stays a walkthrough. We don't need another big coaster or water ride.
4. TL wild mouse coaster involving water, maybe Krazy Kat.
5. Return Trike Encounter.
6. Return Islands Skipper Tours once LC-JP bridge is removed.
7. Permanent show in TL theater.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Islands of Adventure would feel MUCH more complete; since adding to Marvel is off limits we'd need a permanent Toon Lagoon-esque show. A wild mouse is a good thought that wouldn't take up too much space, we'd just have to be sure it's extremely well themed (none of that Mulholland Madness garbage over in California). A nighttime show in the vein of World of Color would be fantastic and would be possible nightly thanks to the lack of fireworks (stupid locals)...

I think the other thing Islands really needs is another indoor family attraction with NO height requirement; i.e., another Cat in the Hat or E.T. It could be Seuss or Toon Lagoon related, but the park needs one badly for incidents of inclement weather (read: happen OFTEN) and in the interest of improving Islands' current "hardcore thrillseekers only [except Seuss]" attitude.

What with the new Iron Man movie out, perhaps an Iron Man ride or show?

~JW

While I'd love this, to my current understanding Universal can't update or add to the Marvel Super Hero Island (other than what's originally specified in the blueprints) due to the Marvel purchase by Disney.

JP- a new b&m flying coaster with a pterodactyls themed
Toon Lagoon- a family ride for some sort ?
Lost Continent- replace poseidon with with a indoor dark ride/ part roller coaster, still keep the story of poseidon but make it a ride
Marvel- if posible add a, Avengers or x-men dark ride also repaint the hulk and audio, lighting effects all about the coaster and add green lighting to the cars like rock it has.

add a new night time show to keep guests in the park after dark !

I would like to see a few things come to IOA to really make it full one day park.

That is exactly how I feel. IOA is a great park but it's not a full day park. It can't keep me busy very long unless I re-ride attractions repeatedly and don't have Express. With the on-site room key, you can hit all the major attraction in less than 3 hours.

JP- a new b&m flying coaster with a pterodactyls themed
Toon Lagoon- a family ride for some sort ?
Lost Continent- replace poseidon with with a indoor dark ride/ part roller coaster, still keep the story of poseidon but make it a ride
Marvel- if posible add a, Avengers or x-men dark ride also repaint the hulk and audio, lighting effects all about the coaster and add green lighting to the cars like rock it has.

add a new night time show to keep guests in the park after dark !

There's already Pteranodon Flyers and there's absolutely no room for a coaster and it would ruin the skyline.

Having PF be a walkthrough is still a cool and unique attraction. I don't think it should be replaced with a ride.

PoE: Add atmosphere characters. a fresh oat of paint would be lovely! Refresh the decor on the christmas shop. add some unique Poe merch.

TL: Add one or two themed flat rides. swings and a magic carpet. maybe refresh some of the facades.

JP: id love for the flyer coster to use the same cars as in singapore that way 4 people per car instead of 2.
reopen trike encounter as dino encounter and get to see 3 diff dinos the trike, maybe a stego. and the main event seeing a live raptor feeding in the raptor pen!
there is some room behind thunder terrace falls a simulator helicopter tour would be great esp with todays tech. id love to see heards of dinos walking around maybe fly show and get sneezed on by a brachosoar

MSHI: put lights on the trains of hulk, make all the buildings more, epic.

WWoHP: open up the tea shop in hogsmeade. also a small book shop would be great in the village. maybe a mystic shop with a trelawnie like encounter! shrieking shack too even if its just a facade.

LC: put in a better show other than sinbad! bring back the old version of Poseidon's fury. a themed flat ride i would love!

SL: theme the tent on top of the high in the sky trolly train ride, and add a magic carpet loading station. to up the capacity. take out extended queue for this as well
use said area as a quick service food location. expand seating for green eggs and ham and close the circus tent QSL and turn it into the grinch dark ride!

one thing ioa is really lacking is quality food. almost all the restaraunts serve the same things. A littlee variety wouldnt hurt, like serving rice and salads.:drool5:

one thing ioa is really lacking is quality food. almost all the restaraunts serve the same things. A littlee variety wouldnt hurt, like serving rice and salads.:drool5:

I agree there could be more salad options, but Mythos outweighs the lack of variety. And I mean it's kind of the same at USF too aside from Finnegan's and the Landing.