Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What to "add" to Islands of Adventure

Is there room for another dark ride in Seuss Landing? Or could they route guests from Seuss to Lost Continent area and use space there? I still think that's there biggest area for opportunity.

I'm guessing it might depend on the current popularity of the Dr. Seuss properties.

Is there room for another dark ride in Seuss Landing? Or could they route guests from Seuss to Lost Continent area and use space there? I still think that's there biggest area for opportunity.
Yes (kinda) and yes (kinda). There is room behind One Fish, Two Fish/CitH for a small something especially if the go two stories (where Lorax was intended). And there were plans to load a small Grinch coaster in Seuss but have most of the spaghetti bowl in Lost Continent.

We have. I can’t find it, but I overlayed the KFP building on Toon Lagoon and it just works. They’d have to turn one entrance 90 degrees (Kong side), but it fits.

Although, frankly, just converting Toon Lagoon to KFP could work too. Make Dudley a retelling of the first movie (Legend of the Dragon Warrior), make Blutos a Furious Five “training session,” Wimpy’s becomes Ping’s, and The Olive is replaced with Master Oogway’s Play Garden. Add a flat across from the amphitheater (the balloon spinner) and put a martial arts stunt show in the amphitheater itself.

Boom.
doesn't fit toon lagoon either, not without knocking down part of ripsaw falls

We have. I can’t find it, but I overlayed the KFP building on Toon Lagoon and it just works. They’d have to turn one entrance 90 degrees (Kong side), but it fits.

Although, frankly, just converting Toon Lagoon to KFP could work too. Make Dudley a retelling of the first movie (Legend of the Dragon Warrior), make Blutos a Furious Five “training session,” Wimpy’s becomes Ping’s, and The Olive is replaced with Master Oogway’s Play Garden. Add a flat across from the amphitheater (the balloon spinner) and put a martial arts stunt show in the amphitheater itself.

Boom.

Me gusta

Well, yeah. That would be the idea. If you’re putting the indoor KFP land from Beijing in that spot, the entirety to Toon Lagoon would get torn out.
Apart from the fact that it really doesn't fit, it would represent a massive net loss in rides and F&B, and ruin the route around the park. I get the fact that toon lagoon is showing it's age but is not one that works at all in that parkKFP_IOA_No_Good.jpg

Apart from the fact that it really doesn't fit, it would represent a massive net loss in rides and F&B, and ruin the route around the park. I get the fact that toon lagoon is showing it's age but is not one that works at all in that parkView attachment 15640
I feel there’s a way to re work that building, then where Popeyes is located, we get a big restaurant across from Mythos. Would look nice and be cool being across from one another, opens that area up for a walkway, and add a bridge from MSHI To the new restaurant area.

Apart from the fact that it really doesn't fit, it would represent a massive net loss in rides and F&B, and ruin the route around the park. I get the fact that toon lagoon is showing it's age but is not one that works at all in that parkView attachment 15640
I didn’t say it was a good idea (which is why I proposed simply retheming what’s there. I was just highlighting that we had discussed these details before.

I didn’t say it was a good idea (which is why I proposed simply retheming what’s there. I was just highlighting that we had discussed these details before.
It’s just exciting all the potential with IOA’s future after Epic Universe with TL and LC being big areas.

I'd honestly say at this point, Seuss Landing just needs a small, all-ages, family dark ride. They could easily fit it next to Cat/1 Fish, Two Fish, especially if the layout is borrowed from Pets.

Outside of that? Just add stage shows, and some kind of Lagoon show, and the park would be golden at this point.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1) A while ago (like, a few years ago) wasn't it rumored that Storm Force and Fear Fall were on the chopping block for a new Avengers coaster that would be the same ride-style as Gringott's?

2) I remember Legacy saying that before COVID, Doom was one of the next targets on the attraction hit list.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

1) A while ago (like, a few years ago) wasn't it rumored that Storm Force and Fear Fall were on the chopping block for a new Avengers coaster that would be the same ride-style as Gringott's?

2) I remember Legacy saying that before COVID, Doom was one of the next targets on the attraction hit list.
They refurbished the top......