What to "add" to Islands of Adventure | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

What to "add" to Islands of Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As long as it represents the characters well, I would assume Marvel would have to comply.

Now, if it's a Spider-Man Rocks or a Creature from The Black Lagoon Musical though; we'll have problems.
Just make Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark into a theme park show lol.

I don’t see why Universal wouldn’t pursue this, expands the Marvel area a bit and probably easiest way to incorporate the Bourne tech into another show, let alone their 2nd park at the resort.

There are 4 indoor rides so that is fine, but indoor shows are a real must. A place to sit down and get a good (stunt)show or 3 is needed. I always think the park is better during Christmas because of The Grinch being performed there (love that show).

Reactions: JaySalahi
There are 4 indoor rides so that is fine, but indoor shows are a real must. A place to sit down and get a good (stunt)show or 3 is needed. I always think the park is better during Christmas because of The Grinch being performed there (love that show).

4 indoor rides is fine when the other rides are open… 4 indoor rides is not so great when everything else shuts down.

I’d ideally get it to somewhere in the 6-8 indoor ride range, and then a stunt show and maybe another show of some sort.

Here’s a thought. I’m not sure how feasible this would be, land/space wise, but what if they constructed an “aquarium” rest/waiting area? It could be placed opposite to the Velocicoaster, in proximity to the lagoon. It would be a place to escape the rain, heat and/or just rest for a bit. The idea would be to build a “aquarium” viewing theater. Using screens like in the Hollywood version of River Adventure, guests could enter an underwater viewing room where it appears you are looking into the lagoon, inhabited by a mesosaur. Occasionally, the mesosaur could eat a shark or smash at the “aquarium“ glass etc. Basically a giant 15 minute or so screensaver. If possible, I believe it would provide a fun way to beat the heat..or escape those Florida rain storms..for a little while. Attached is a idea of where it could go (if it had the space).

Attachments

• 4E086857-1F8C-4EE9-8CC9-83D3D68E90F0.jpeg
    4E086857-1F8C-4EE9-8CC9-83D3D68E90F0.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 31
Don't think there's room at Islands, but an AE style show in JP. Wish they had done that instead of Kong, put Kong where F&F is, and just rethemed RRR to F&F.
I would love that, as long as we have a character similar to S.I.R.

Anyway, MSHI with new rides, WITH DISNEY'S PERMISSION, themed to the COMIC characters. Avengers shooting gallery dark ride where Doom's is.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I would love that, as long as we have a character similar to S.I.R.

Anyway, MSHI with new rides, WITH DISNEY'S PERMISSION, themed to the COMIC characters. Avengers shooting gallery dark ride where Doom's is.

Well, any of the Ingen head honchos would suffice. I'm just imagining hearing a staff worker scream on the radio accompanied by complete darkness. Then, we hear a gradual stomping...followed by a sudden "THWAP!" and then the electricity crackles to reveal a severed leg on stage. For all the criticism Jurassic World gets, it just made me think how perfect it could work for such an attraction.

The Classic Monsters land at EU would be another great opportunity, I suppose.

Last edited:
Well, any of the Ingen head honchos would suffice. I'm just imagining hearing a staff worker scream on the radio accompanied by complete darkness. Then, we hear a gradual stomping...followed by a sudden "THWAP!" and then the electricity crackles to reveal a severed leg on stage. For all the criticism Jurassic World gets, it just made me think how perfect it could work for such an attraction.

The Classic Monsters land at EU would be another great opportunity, I suppose.
Ingen's cool, but part of me wants that sexy Tim Curry robot back... WDW does nothing with him... He could've been their '90s Anti-Hero had they done more with him... like yeah, if they made a sequel to Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, there could've been an AE segment with you as S.I.R. and Mega Man X style gameplay...

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Ingen's cool, but part of me wants that sexy Tim Curry robot back... WDW does nothing with him... He could've been their '90s Anti-Hero had they done more with him... like yeah, if they made a sequel to Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, there could've been an AE segment with you as S.I.R. and Mega Man X style gameplay...

"I see Skippy shiver with antici...pation."

• Love
Reactions: tielo

What to add to Islands, folks...

1. Zelda taking over LC, Zelda Stunt Show and Boat indoor dark ride.

2. Grinch indoor family story coaster, mini Christmasland around entrance.

3. Scooby Doo dark ride where Toon Lagoon ampitheatre is. Change carnival game area out front into a light spooky theme. Hub for IoA Halloween event. Scooby fits better alongside Duddly and Popeye than SLOP or Spongebob ever could.

3 indoor attractions, 2 to 3 new family attractions, and a new show. Never gonna happen. :lol:

3. Scooby Doo dark ride where Toon Lagoon ampitheatre is. Change carnival game area out front into a light spooky theme. Hub for IoA Halloween event. Scooby fits better alongside Duddly and Popeye than SLOP or Spongebob ever could.

3 indoor attractions, 2 to 3 new family attractions, and a new show. Never gonna happen. :lol:
The Christmas mini-land and Grinch coaster just seems like such an easy win to me...people love Christmas

Spongebob would be next level honestly...It could easily take up all of TL

I would love to see a Toothsome ride in IOA! The restaurant has really built a nice back story and supporting it with ride that is part steampunk adventure, part chocolate factory tour could be a fun romp. Retire Cat in the Hat (sorry for the CitH fans, but Seuss could lose that ride, build Mt Crumpit in the expansion plot (or not, sorry again) and still be a wonderful island for the target audience) and move the ride entrance into Port of Entry. Tight squeeze I know!

Maybe Latte returns, starts chasing a steampunk cat and Jacques asks you for help rounding him up, you board an old timey "steam" cart and off you go, chasing them through the factory, bust in on Penelope experimenting with amazing deserts, miss being squashed by falling chocolate towers, or splashed by chocolate fountains, etc, etc...Mainly AA's and practical effects but with screens throughout similar to the restaurant, expanding on the size of the factory. You could add an actual meet and greet, sell some exclusive to the ride toothsome treats at the gift shop, plug the restaurant (not that it really needs it) at the end of the ride, have the restaurant Jacques and Penelope plug the ride in the restaurant.

Exit form the ride might be a little tricky, I know potentially there wouldn't be a tone of space especially if an entrance has already been crafted, and I wouldn't want the aesthetics of PoE hurt at all, I just feel this is a fun, "original" IP that offers plenty of potential and having a limping dark ride right behind it, is just too good an opportunity to pass up.

I really love all of these ideas, especially since they are evergreen IPs that work well with the existing islands IMO.