Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What to "add" to Islands of Adventure

Wet dream of a Disney Fanatic:ears:: ;):lol:
* Hogsmeade gets leveled and replaced by a Fast & Furious all Screenz land. The Ultimate Potter Swatter
* Universal neglects upkeep and maintenance on MSHI, and Marvel rights returns to Disney. MSHI becomes Super Barney Purple Land
That's ...that's... all Folks :lol:

Wet dream of a Disney Fanatic:ears:: ;):lol:
* Hogsmeade gets leveled and replaced by a Fast & Furious all Screenz land. The Ultimate Potter Swatter
* Universal neglects upkeep and maintenance on MSHI, and Marvel rights returns to Disney. MSHI becomes Super Barney Purple Land
That's ...that's... all Folks :lol:

You know I got nothing for love ya, but we gotta stop the potshots.

Seuss Land:
-Dark Ride (Gringotts Style) based on stopping the Grinch from stealing Xmas

Lost Continent:
-Similar to what another poster said about making it Greek Mythology
-Redo to have Mount Olympus/Underworld themed areas
-Have a Hercules show based on the 12 labors
-Possible Meet and Greet with Ares, Athena, Zeus, etc. (Rotating schedule)

Hogsmeade
-Leave it alone for now

Jurassic
-Re-theme to world
-Update River Adventure with new animatronics
-Add background sound in the walk areas to sound like dinosaurs are close
-Maybe even add a small aquarium/zoo area in the DC with baby animatronic dinos

Toon Lagoon
-I have zero interest in this area, do what you'd like

Marvel
-Tear out Storm and replace with 3D X-Men Show
-Update costumes of actors and area to current times

Id assume Zelda comes in after Fantastic Worlds opens. Probably after 2025 honestly if I had to guess. Bring She'ra in for a show there the park desperately needs it.

Updating since latest rumor is that JP Coaster will not mean JW refurb. Not sure how I feel about it. I really think those Dino’s need a little work. Still love that ride though. Also, food options. Need more of em.

Updating since latest rumor is that JP Coaster will not mean JW refurb. Not sure how I feel about it. I really think those Dino’s need a little work. Still love that ride though. Also, food options. Need more of em.
I guess after the Velocicoaster, well just call the land Isla Nublar until it’s made it’s full (in my opinion undoubtable) transition

Ever since the park opened back in '99 I have wished that Toon Lagoon had a ride that didn't get you wet. It's not as bad now that we have Kong, but for most of the Parks's life if I didn't want to get soaked, which was most of the time as I got older, I would not stop walking after getting off Spider-Man until hitting Lost Continent/Hogsmede. Islands has always been my favorite park but that is a major chunk of the park to be essentially something nice to look at while you walk to the real rides.

I have always dreamed of a water-dark ride themed to Rocky and Bullwinkle, we would float through the snowy forest of Frostbite Falls, before being welcomed into the home of Rocky and Bullwinkle, who would then of course become entrapped in Boris and Natasha's latest scheme, hi-jinks would ensue, a big cartoony bomb would send us flying back, and Bullwinkle would save the day by attempting to pull a rabbit from his hat and instead pulling out a big bear would chase the villains away. I imagine lots of big sets, animatronics, lots of cheesy jokes, and some light thrills. It would really help out Toon Lagoon in my opinion.

Jurassic Park:
* Update the Discovery Center to be something other than a sad science center. Mr. DNA ride? Hell, I'd take a motion simulator.
* More placemaking throughout the land (there's a lot of dead space)

Marvel:
* Extend it into the TL Amphitheater and put in the Avengers or Iron Man rides (I know, it's never gonna happen)
* A proper table-service restaurant with character dining.

Seuss:
* Grinch dark ride!
* Plus the trolley + the queue.
* A huge revamp of the Cat in the Hat ride. Brand new queue (the queue is weak), remove the spinning, and remove some of the empty parts.
* Character dining table service restaurant!
* For the love of everything good, make green eggs and ham a thing. Redo the recipe, open the quick-service place consistently, have the influencers do their Instagram thing and create the next Butterbeer. I don't understand why Universal doesn't capitalize on the most popular fictional food in the world.

Toon Lagoon:
* I'm assuming this isn't going anywhere soon, but it's honestly fine as-is. The quick-service establishments could use more consistent hours

Lost Continent:
* I don't even know where to start

Hogsmeade:
* Working fine.

Port-of-Entry:
* Re-do the table service restaurant and make it the park's flagship restaurant

I’ll bite...

At a macro level:
*Indoor capacity
*Non-height restricted capacity (ride or show)
*Minor updates to aging attractions (such as CitH animatronics, Spider-Man queue video, floo powder visuals and transitions ... these things matter, imagine if we were still watching the old Spider-man ride video)
*F&B improvements to bring at least one other quick service up to a Three Broomsticks level of quality
*Happy hour reinstated at Backwater

Crazy pie in the sky: a night parade. I don’t care about logistics, make it happen.

What we’ll probably get: hand-wringing from execs when the economy slows down from record attendance to slightly less than record attendance.

Indoor capacity here is so necessary. It rained one afternoon we were here recently and did Spiderman then felt like we were stuck with not much else to do. Especially on that side of the park. Something inside Toon Lagoon Theatre would help immensely but ya know Universal has ignored that space like the plague.

-Full production stage show.
-1 Family Ride in Suess
-2 to 3 kiddie rides in toon lagoon.
-Night time lagoon show with Rivers of Light style seating.

I haven't followed for all these years so idk the backstory, if there even is one, but truly do any insiders or posters here know why just nothing has been in the Toon Lagoon theatre for like a decade? Its just SUCH a waste of space. Id think a dark ride could even fit there or something. Im just curious as to why it seems nothing is done here. I get budgets, now Epic Universe, Potter, but it just seems incredibly odd to me and its the one thing I will truly never understand haha. It just seems perfect to even put a cheap show in to spread out guests!! Im just so curious of creatives perspective on that space.

-Full production stage show.
-1 Family Ride in Suess
-2 to 3 kiddie rides in toon lagoon.
-Night time lagoon show with Rivers of Light style seating.

IoA is already the most well rounded park in Orlando IMO.
But this, realistically, would flesh the park out perfectly without being a massive shift (ie.- "add 4 E tickets" "Demolish Lost Continent", etc).

Its just SUCH a waste of space.
And during the winter, when most aren't riding water rides, the walk from Marvel to Kong is agonizing.

And if we remember before Kong, you'd have to walk all the way to Hogsmeade to get to another attraction. Kong helped break that up a ton, but they truly need to do something in that area. Full agreement from me.

I understand why they did the JP coaster from a marketing perspective (Milking the appropriate IPs), but for the park perspective, it wasn't a pressing need in the slightest when you compare it to something like TL theater.

And during the winter, when most aren't riding water rides, the walk from Marvel to Kong is agonizing.

And if we remember before Kong, you'd have to walk all the way to Hogsmeade to get to another attraction. Kong helped break that up a ton, but they truly need to do something in that area. Full agreement from me.

I understand why they did the JP coaster from a marketing perspective (Milking the appropriate IPs), but for the park perspective, it wasn't a pressing need in the slightest when you compare it to something like TL theater.

Yea I think a nice family (actually family, not Hagrid's "family" level) level coaster would have been great for Toon Lagoon. Not that I'm complaining about JP, as it will be awesome. But something indoor and not soaking would be great at the TL theater spot.

I agree with a family coaster in TL would be perfect, even a family dark ride would be perfect in the TL Theatre.

Also, wasn't there a rumored Lorax ride for Seuss Landing? Not the side of the park that needs the help as much but I mean it certainly wouldn't have hurt if that was added. I'm sure it was a budget thing however. Its funny though, IOA is one of the most well rounded parks out there, except they're desperately missing 1 thing, another indoor attraction/show. They really just need 1 more haha not asking for a new land or anything.

I would love to see a Mount Crumpit at Suess Landing. A coaster will go in- en outside the mountain.
The inside of the mountain will be a winter version of the town with small kiddy rides and a play-area. I could imagine something a bit like Wuze Town in Phantasialand.

The Lost Continent needs to go on the chop block. It has no reason to exist except for the nice exteriors. If they could be saved that is fine but anything is better than this. Whatever it is it should house 2 dark rides. IP whise it could be He Man or She Ra or Zelda, non of them I really care for but they could make the make over less expensive. And Mythos needs new management, service is crap and the food uneventful. Universal can and should do better.

Potter is kind of done. I would fined some extra area's to do magic and would like to see a tea shop for a high tea and some cat plates on the wall. It could replace the owlery and Olivanders.

Isla Aventura is and was never Jurassic Park of Jurassic World. It exists on it's own. So no expensive overhaul needed imho. With the added coaster the visitors center and restaurant should need an update so the whole building would house a dark-ride like in the first movie. But it should have an interactive component to it where you shoot at screens (one will be an aquarium with a mosasaurus). It will use both levels. Thunderfall Terrace will be it's only restaurant.

Toon Lagoon's theme needs an Illuminations make-over with a ton of mini(ons) lands. Popey's ride can stay but the current flume ride should be replaced with a better one with better seats and improved inside theming. The Theater area will also be added to the land.

Super Hero Island has a dead area between the marvel shop and the diner. I would like to see a stunt show. Maybe the heroes could be honored there during a ceremony for solving something with excessive violence. The some villains come and a stunt show will occur.

The lagoon could use some night time entertainment.