Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What was you Favorite stage of old SES?

They should close down house of horrors and make that a nice intimate SES kind of like the horror make up show at USF. But different!

I love the Horror Make Up Show in Florida. The hosts are somewhat laid back, but they're hilarious. They incorporate some of the small behind-the-scenes horror segments as seen here in SES, but there are a bunch of new, interesting things. It's also a much smaller theater, so it's more of an intimate experience.

They should close down house of horrors and make that a nice intimate SES kind of like the horror make up show at USF. But different!
I Would Actually love a Horror Make up Show at USH. We need some kind of Tribute to Universal's Horror Legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't clarify. I thought house of horrors was a tiny building??? Isn't there a walkway between that and the globe theater? I would want something like horror make up show or the exact same show. My bad.

No, he first said SES. But regardless, horror make up show or SES, House of Horrors is too precious of real estate and too big to go towards those two, it should be replaced with a ride.
It's not as big as you make it out to be. House of Horrors has a smaller footprint than the current Special Effects Stage.

I know it's not THAT big but it's still big enough that it can fit a ride. Also, it has two levels? No? It has some pretty tall two story rooms. If they choose to put a ride in there, they can go Transformers on the area and dig deeper and taller and a nice sized ride can go in there. But hey, that's how I see it :)

I know it's not THAT big but it's still big enough that it can fit a ride. Also, it has two levels? No? It has some pretty tall two story rooms. If they choose to put a ride in there, they can go Transformers on the area and dig deeper and taller and a nice sized ride can go in there. But hey, that's how I see it :)
I just don't see anything else going into the area, unless they decide to combine Hollywood Photoland. But even then, it's a really awkward layout.

It's tiny.

Screen_Shot_2013_05_18_at_1_06_12_PM.png

It's not listed, no. I'd rather have Shrek replaced first though obviously. But again, isn't it a pretty tall building? It's taller than Shrek I think. As it stands now, it's too small. But so was the backdraft/SES area originally until they redid the area, dug deep and made it a two story attraction. I feel that after Transformers, Universal knows how to be smart with small spaces.

(I'm just being hopeful for the future ;) ) I have faith that USH would figure out a way to utilize/reorganize the area. But again, I'd rather they focus on Shrek first.

If anything, I'd want them to return the Globe Theater from Special Events back over to the theme park as usable space. It boggles the mind as to why a theme park that's limited on space would do that.

Well, I guess we all know the answer. But still. Once you combine Hollywood Photoland, House of Horrors and the Globe Theater, then we can talk next big attraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am perplexed why they haven't taken the globe theater and turned it into a ride. USH needs a shoot 'em up ride ( I believe that's the technical name for those types of rides)

I remember walking past the Globe Theater one time with a team member outside ushering everyone inside for some reason. I walked inside and there were just a bunch of random tables and chairs sitting around as they were playing Shrek The Third... There were about 10 people in there at the most.  :blink:

I remember walking past the Globe Theater one time with a team member outside ushering everyone inside for some reason. I walked inside and there were just a bunch of random tables and chairs sitting around as they were playing Shrek The Third... There were about 10 people in there at the most.  :blink:
It really is an empty auditorium. I've been there many times, and it really isn't anything to write home about.

Plenty of potential, but I guess money trumps this decision. They probably make a surprising amount off that room.

Yeah, from private parties, weddings, birthdays, or press events, I guess they make a lot.

But I think it's safe to say that eventually it's on the chopping block. Look at the Gibson. I would've never guessed they'd close that.