Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What would you do if they close down Jurassic Park: The Ride?

Yeah to number 3... reportedly the attraction costed 100 million dollars... but they need to animatronics... and more foliage... and please retheme the queue. At least change the TVs,,, those TVs make it look outdated

The monitors that they're using are relatively new, so don't expect those to change.
New?? if 2000 is new... they´re not even flatscreens... please!!! just a tiny investment of like what 10 000 dlls to renew them??

New?? if 2000 is new... they´re not even flatscreens... please!!! just a tiny investment of like what 10 000 dlls to renew them??
They are LCD monitors outfitted in the old enclosures. The old Panasonic monitors you're referring to were removed a few years ago.

I like Gwen haha, everything about the queue video is so nostalgic to me :) ok I admit it, she's annoying, but it's all such classic '90s cornyness that I love it haha. The editing, sound effects, phrases, etc lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jurassic Park is our Pirates of the Caribbean.

And I've been saying they need to update those damn animatronics for years. Look at videos from the 90s of the ride and its so sad what state they're in. I mean, if Knotts can spend a few million to update its Log Ride with new animatronics, so should USH.

The animatronics in Pirates are absolutely beautiful. I don't think the fluidity of their movement could be any better! I remember the first few times I went on, I had to give some of them a second look because I thought they were real people! Every time I go on JP, everyone in the boat is pretty bummed out at all the dinos (except the t-rex!). If all the dinosaurs moved a bit better, it'd make the experience a little more believable.

The animatronics in Pirates are absolutely beautiful. I don't think the fluidity of their movement could be any better! I remember the first few times I went on, I had to give some of them a second look because I thought they were real people! Every time I go on JP, everyone in the boat is pretty bummed out at all the dinos (except the t-rex!). If all the dinosaurs moved a bit better, it'd make the experience a little more believable.
More dinos... and yes... it needs to close for an extensive refurbishment... probably after labor day since in California it's the time when the weather starts getting colder... it needs to be in prime state for the new movie.... come on show some love!! adding a pterodactyl would be awesome...

To be honest, I have no idea where a pterodactyl/pteranodon would go, and I don't think it'd make sense given the current scenery/space, but that'd still be pretty awesome. What are the names of those tiny dinos right behind the ultrasaurs? We could replace those in order to have a little nest with a pteranodon protecting its eggs. I'd love that! Those were always my favorite dinos when I was a kid  :)

To be honest, I have no idea where a pterodactyl/pteranodon would go, and I don't think it'd make sense given the current scenery/space, but that'd still be pretty awesome. What are the names of those tiny dinos right behind the ultrasaurs? We could replace those in order to have a little nest with a pteranodon protecting its eggs. I'd love that! Those were always my favorite dinos when I was a kid :)
Psticcatosaurs, however you spell it...I'm so bad at Dino spelling.

However you spell it, I now remember the JP Ride narrator saying that name during the ride. They're cute little things, but their animatronic movements are atrocious.

If anyone was hoping to get a refurbishment or re-imagining of Jurassic Park: The Ride when Jurassic Park 4 hits theaters, don't get your hopes up - last night, JP4 concept artist Dean Sherriff posted this tweet:

ywogc2m_large.jpg

Soon before that, JP4 Digital Assets Manager Todd Smoyer tweeted this as well:

nopitk6_large.png

Nothing official has been announced by Universal yet. According to JP fansites, the film is still going to happen, but apparently "the studio doesn't see eye-to-eye with the creative team and that 'an overhaul within the film's production crew' caused the 'temporary' hiatus." Colin Trevorrow is still on to direct and write the film at this time.

Full article and pictures can be found at: http://screencrush.com/jurassic-park-4-hold/

^ I do too...if Stan Winston Studios creates the animatronics. I'm glad they're not rushing this and I'm glad they're having disputes. I hope that they still make it, and that they're taking their time to make it a GOOD movie...

I understand whete Adri is coming from. The first one is legend and you can't top it and the other two were both kinda ehh. Exciting at parts but nowhere near as groundbreaking, heartfelt and classic as the first. Weren't as well made. I hope that if they go through with the fourth that it will be well made.