Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Where in the World is Buzzy (the AA)?

Here's my guess: Buzzy was stolen by some maintenance and other CMs as part of a coordinated plan. It would require several people to remove, distract, and even more to turn a blind eye. Buzzy is gone but it ain't Backdoor Disney (or likely anyone in the community's) who did it.
This.

I know some of the show elements from Herc/Xena were stolen from Universal by employees because they had access AND the resources to remove and transport them (including a 150 lb Chakram effect).

Maintenance and tech people are who they need to ask.

I think it happened but Buzzy never left the building

BDD says the police showed him photos of cut hydraulic lines and fluid was all over. Very suspicious there would be pressure after all these years.

A real theme park mystery. Gotta love it!
They've been testing him recently from what i've heard, so that would be a reason for that if there's any truth to any of this.

So apparently the Buzzy AA from Cranium Command has gone missing / was stolen a few weeks ago. However, he was marked for archiving on a recent visit by @backdoordisney on Twitter. @backdoordisney claims that OCSD searches his house looking for it thought, so it was more than likely stolen. Also, some of stated that it was forcibly taken with multiple hydraulic hoses and electronics carelessly cut.

All of this is currently unconfirmed by Disney or OCSD.

My local news ran a story today that reported it as clothing and two hand molds worth $600 were taken. To me, that at least sounds more feasible than someone taking the AA itself.

My local news ran a story today that reported it as clothing and two hand molds worth $600 were taken. To me, that at least sounds more feasible than someone taking the AA itself.
That police report came out recently for the stolen clothing in August. This is supposedly in addition to that and occurred in November. We won’t have a police report for it till later in the investigation, which could be at least two months away.

Last edited:
That police report came out recently for the stolen clothing in August. This is supposedly in addition to that and occurred in November. We won’t have a police report for it till after the investigation, which could be at least two months away.

Wow, to me, that makes it even stranger. I mean, I think security would have changed protocol a bit after the first theft.

Wow, to me, that makes it even stranger. I mean, I think security would have changed protocol a bit after the first theft.
They’ve apparently had other thefts in the past tho, like the exit sign went missing like 2 years ago. Again, I’m just getting this from a few peeps on Twitter tho. I didn’t know anything happened for certain until arrest records started coming out.

This discussion started spreading over two different threads so I created a new one.

So a quick update from my end: I've heard Buzzy was removed without authorization and Disney might know who took it/who wanted it. Obviously they would not comment on this and we might go months before we know more. Reportedly Buzzy was to be taken by the Archives soon so I'm guessing someone took it for a collector and that someone works or has worked with Disney.

I think Backdoor Disney being banned from the parks months ago is related to this but I don't think he did it, more likely he was discovered in a closed WoL pavilion and Disney was looking to pin something on him.

I love how this story exploded from totally unverified/uncredited sources that everyone just accepted as truth. After years of enthusiasts saying “don’t believe the Dippin Dots guy”, people were sure willing to take all this as fact just because it showed up on their twitter feed.

I’m taking it all with a very large grain of salt until I hear a credible news report or story. The clothes report seems the most authentic so far, and is just boring enough to perhaps be true. Usually, the truth is pretty mundane and unexciting. I feel if a full animatronic figure had been taken, it would’ve been in the mainstream media by now.

I love how this story exploded from totally unverified/uncredited sources that everyone just accepted as truth. After years of enthusiasts saying “don’t believe the Dippin Dots guy”, people were sure willing to take all this as fact just because it showed up on their twitter feed.

I’m taking it all with a very large grain of salt until I hear a credible news report or story. The clothes report seems the most authentic so far, and is just boring enough to perhaps be true. Usually, the truth is pretty mundane and unexciting. I feel if a full animatronic figure had been taken, it would’ve been in the mainstream media by now.

I didn't believe it till some people reached out to me in private confirming it happened. It sounds like the two thefts are independent, with clothes in August and the AA months later.

I didn't believe it till some people reached out to me in private confirming it happened. It sounds like the two thefts are independent, with clothes in August and the AA months later.
And the hands apparently long before all of this.